Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2009, 07:35 AM   #1

MH Reviews

We bought our first RV last spring, a KZ Spree 5th wheel. We were quickly hooked on RVing and as many predicted, we are ready to upgrade. We want to buy a motorhome.

I have learned a lot about 5th wheel brands and quality over the past months but know very little about how to choose a MH brand. We want something in the 35 - 40 foot range, a diesel and in the $200k +- price range. Is there a guide out there that rates MH quality like the annual Consumer Reports auto issue?

Of course we would appreciate any opinions and experiences from members.

Randy & Sandy
Randy Marlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2009, 07:43 AM   #2

Take a look at Tiffin,Winnebago, and Newmar. All three are quality brands.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:58 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Check out www.allworldauto.com which lists recalls.
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:37 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Marlowe View Post
We bought our first RV last spring, a KZ Spree 5th wheel. We were quickly hooked on RVing and as many predicted, we are ready to upgrade. We want to buy a motorhome.

I have learned a lot about 5th wheel brands and quality over the past months but know very little about how to choose a MH brand. We want something in the 35 - 40 foot range, a diesel and in the $200k +- price range. Is there a guide out there that rates MH quality like the annual Consumer Reports auto issue?

Of course we would appreciate any opinions and experiences from members.

Randy & Sandy
Randy and Sandy,

Check out these guys this is the third refferal today that I have given. Great prices and great to deal with. (I do not work for them)

DeMartini RV Sales, Recreational vehicles (RVs), Holiday Rambler, Holiday Rambler Motorhomes, Monaco Motorhomes, Monaco Coach, Monaco Coach Corporation, Used Diesel Pusher, Used diesel, Endeavor, Scepter,** Imperial, Dynasty,* Windsor, Camelot, Navig

And congrats on your new almost rig.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #5

Thanks for the info but we live in Texas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardy1000 View Post
Randy and Sandy,

Check out these guys this is the third refferal today that I have given. Great prices and great to deal with. (I do not work for them)

DeMartini RV Sales, Recreational vehicles (RVs), Holiday Rambler, Holiday Rambler Motorhomes, Monaco Motorhomes, Monaco Coach, Monaco Coach Corporation, Used Diesel Pusher, Used diesel, Endeavor, Scepter,** Imperial, Dynasty,* Windsor, Camelot, Navig

And congrats on your new almost rig.
Randy Marlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #6

Try RV Ratings for motorhomes, fifth wheels, trailers, toy haulers.

This is a membership site. they sell a cd with a very comprehensive list of rv's rated. Each rv is rated in 3 categories. I believe they are 1. road controllability 2. quality 3. value.

The management of this service have some very strong opinions and this should not be the only input to your decision but it is a worthwhile resource.

Good luck & good hunting.
Steve O
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:27 PM   #7

We just finished spending a year locating a nice used diesel pusher. I looked everywhere to get as much information as I could on the pros and cons of different models. IMHO the best guides by far are the ones put out by the RVCG. Not cheap. I have been a member for years. I bought their two disk set which rates almost all motor homes made from 1993-2009. There is subjective information in the discs. I think their subjective evaluations are quite good and accurate. In addition the CDs are a very quick way to find out the carrying capacity, chassis length, and basic features of almost every motor home you will see for sale. I recommend the discs highly.

The other aspect is you just have to go look at a lot of vehicles. Motor home makers are by and large assemblers of parts that they can buy. Therefore you are going to see a lot of the same components in many coaches. But some makers take a lot more care in making their stuff.

We bought a used high end coach. At this time their are tremendous bargains in the used market.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Marlowe View Post
Thanks for the info but we live in Texas.
Try PPL Rv in Houston.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
PPL's selection will make your head swim. They may have the bigest consignment inventory in the country. Going there will at least show you a big varity of coaches in your price range.
Here is a link to the present inventory of pushers.
Diesel Motorhomes for Sale at PPL

Check the 40 ft 2007 Paheton for $145,950.00 a real nice unit.

Dick

Tags
kz-rv