Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-22-2015, 08:51 AM   #1

Any fine people on here have any dealings with MHSRV..
Their web site is pretty impressive....
Seams like they have some great deals..

semperfimg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2015, 09:24 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, we purchased ours used there. Top notch dealership in my opinion. Traveled 1000 miles to do business with them. Would go there again if we ever decide to trade this one. Randy

Randy & Kathy-n-Auggie
07 HR Navigator 43PBQ, 525hp Cummins ISX, 09 Flex Limited AWD
Randyman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:46 AM   #3
Originally Posted by semperfimg View Post
Any fine people on here have any dealings with MHSRV..
Their web site is pretty impressive....
Seams like they have some great deals..
We purchased new coach from them. Great price, 40% off MSRP but because they deal in such volume, some weeks they'll move over 50 coaches, they miss the detail. Be prepared to have your warranty work done by an authorized dealer in your area.
2013 HR 43DFT RR10R
All Electric FWS-Tag
FMCA 451687 Monaco Int.
Gdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:03 AM   #4
We purchased our new 2015 C class from them. Impressive place when they're selling you something. Delivery is a whole other matter. Our coach had several missing/broken fittings (even though they had a week to get it ready), and the walkthrough was quick. We traveled from Louisiana to get it, and on the way home found several problems, that in our opinion, should have been rectified before leaving the dealer. Minor items, like the slide seals missing, letting light/heat/cold into the coach, awning did not work...etc etc.
When we called them up, it was a case of........well it's yours now, and you've got a warranty right ?
We were living full time in the coach, and nobody locally would look at the lack of slide seals.......so we put up with it for two months....then traded for an older used coach......of much better quality.
Yes you get a good initial price.....but you pay for it in the end.....I personally wouldn't touch them with a barge pole after our experience
Obviously I lost my @ss, but then again that was my fault, for expecting a new coach to have all of its systems working from the dealer.
06 Itasca Meridian 39K
15 Grand Cherokee Toad
Workin on the road
Magredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:08 AM   #5
We tried to work with them but they were over $7,000 higher than RVOne for the same unit. Shop around and you will probably beat their deal.
2011 Berkshire 390bh
wnytaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:48 AM   #6
Bought our coach at MHSRV. True that warranty would be better off some where else. Great for sales and price. You can stay at they location over night or two to check out all the system and anything missed on the walk through
2015 Thor Challenger 37KT : 2015 Jeep Patriot Toad
Nights Glamping:
2016 (32), 2015 (42), 2014 (36), 2013 (63)
Vinster30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:57 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I agree with Vinster30 and don't understand how Magredvet could have so many missed problems. They invited us to stay as long as we needed to make sure everything worked and was to our satisfaction. We ended up staying 3 days (for free) getting all the little odds and ends to our satisfaction. Never have I been treated so good, especially when purchasing a used RV instead of a new one. And all the parts and labor for the fixes they did for us were on them as we had already paid them for the coach.
Randy & Kathy-n-Auggie
07 HR Navigator 43PBQ, 525hp Cummins ISX, 09 Flex Limited AWD
Randyman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:09 PM   #8
They offered us to stay, but we had the 600 mile plus drive back to La to do in two days so we couldn't. I would say if you by from them, it is a necessity to stay for a night or two, as once you leave you're on your own.
I had never bought a NEW motorhome before, and obviously made the mistake of thinking they would do a compete PDI on my $100k investment.
Boy was I wrong, just glad I didn't spring for a $300k one
I guess, as they say, results may vary.
Magredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:25 PM   #9
Happy Traveler : )

traded twice with them within 3 months last year - great trade in values and great already discounted 'sticker prices' for their new units
I will travel there again when the time comes to trade again...

easy to deal with, lots of inventory, great RV 'park' for your first initial days
The Turners 2014 Thor Palazzo DP 33.3 35' Bunkhouse
BlueOx, '14 Ford Fiesta, DishHD, KingTailgater2, WifiRanger
50k+miles, 200+ parks, 47 states&Canada provinces, since Aug'14
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:26 PM   #10
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We surfed their lot quite a bit looking at both new and used. They do have an impressive inventory. However they were not very helpful. We heard several people complaining that had brought coaches in for service. They were in the waiting room. On a whim, we stopped at a very small dealership in Denton, TX called I35 RV. Not fancy at all but boy the customer service has been outstanding. When we made the decision to purchase our Navigator, we went through a 7 page PDI checklist. Most everything checked out OK and what didn't, they fixed it just like they said they would. Then the day that we took delivery, we were 8 miles down the road and the Check engine light comes on. ECM module was out as was the EGR valve. They came and got us, took us home, and then took the coach to Cummins in Fort Worth to be fixed on their dime. And they are going to deliver the coach to us when it's fixed, we live about 70 miles from them. We had already signed the paperwork so it was ours, they didn't have to take are of it but they did. we are so glad we didn't buy from MHSRV!!!
Jerry & Diane Kovar
2006 HR Navigator 43pbq
2015 Jeep Wrangler/Blue Ox Avanta
sunset4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:15 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
We bought our Itasca from them as a used unit. Their sales and finance are very good. We had a pleasant experience with that end of it. The service side was another story. When we had our first problem we were told to "just leave it and we'll take a look at it in about six weeks." They do such a large volume their service bays and service lot was jam packed. When we bought our new one in May, we found a smaller dealer with great sales, plus great service.

I will add that the main reason we did not go back to MHSRV was they did not have the brand coach we wanted. I would buy from them again, but just not expect to get timely service.

Just my $0.02 worth.
Dan & Ro with two Rescued Boston "Terrorists"
2015 Tiffin Allegro RED 38QRA
Previously '06 Itasca Sunrise 35A on a W22 Workhorse
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport and/or '08 Honda Goldwing
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 05:43 PM   #12
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've bought RVs from several different dealers, and IMHO they are right up there. They treated us with respect, answered our questions and went through the inspection twice. I'd buy from them again. We haven't had them service anything so I can't comment on that side of the operation.
Ford RV V10 5 star Tow tune
Front/Read Roadmaster 1 3/4" anti-sway bars. Roadmaster steering stabilizer
2009 Acme Tow dolly w/ 2014 Avalon Hybrid Limited
NMRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 06:07 PM   #13
We bought our 04 Southwind from them this past February as a trade-in. Very happy with the price and service. We are local.

They aren't so thorough with the consignment coaches on their lot.

2004 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS W20
F4Gary is offline   Reply With Quote