Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2014, 02:52 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Michelin RV Tires Website

Michelin Launches Recreational Vehicle (RV) Tires Website

Quote:
Michelin North America launched a new RV tires website – Michelin RV Tires | A Better Way Forward – that includes information on tire selection and maintenance for RVs, campers and motorhomes.

The mobile-friendly site offers RV customers online tools such as a new RV tire selector, which assists with size, tread design and application selection. The tire selector also provides information on tire basics, maintenance and safety so customers can get the most out of their tires, said Michelin.

“Our goal for the new RV site is to provide a user friendly experience for our RV customers, with information and tools to assist in their decision making and maintenance practices,” said Bianca Hogan, U.S. country marketing manager for Michelin Americas truck tires division.

The reference section of the site contains materials including warranty information, bulletins, load and inflation tables, RV tire maintenance tips, technical specifications and videos. The dealer and service tab can be searched by address, city, state and ZIP code. It can also be refined to select the dealers with the specific services needed. Information from the site can be printed or shared via social channels or email. Customers can also create a personal account so they can save their tire and dealer searches, as well as reference materials and videos.
Here it is.....

Michelin RV Tires | A Better Way Forward
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #2

Not much there, just a compilation of RV related stuff from their website. It does display if a tire size is available, but nothing about pricing. I found all that out from the local truck tire shop.
Would have been nice if Michelin addressed how they reduced the sidewall cracks issue.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:37 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Kent

Thanks for sharing.

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:50 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for the link!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nothing much new there - mostly a flashier revision of the previous RV tire info pages. The tire size selector is a modest improvement - can easily see which Michelin models are available in each size. Not much basis for comparison, though.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 08:50 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Just had an issue with two front tires cracking - three years old, 20,000 miles. Michelin said they would replace for half the cost of new tires. Still $900!
bertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:06 AM   #7

I wish their website would list availability of different sizes. I needed 305/70 tires last summer and could not get them. Few distributors stock that size and I suppose Michelin only makes them in small production runs. I waited until November and they had them in stock. I got some really new tires.
vraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Not much there, just a compilation of RV related stuff from their website. It does display if a tire size is available, but nothing about pricing. I found all that out from the local truck tire shop.
Would have been nice if Michelin addressed how they reduced the sidewall cracks issue.
Ray,IN

I recently had all 6 tires replaced because the 3 1/2 year old Michelin XZE tires on my coach had developed thousands of sidewall cracks.

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:52 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
Ray,IN

I recently had all 6 tires replaced because the 3 1/2 year old Michelin XZE tires on my coach had developed thousands of sidewall cracks.

Mel
'96 Safari

Those appear to be purely cosmetic superficial cracks which would have no deleterious affect on tire use, IMO.

Cheers!
Old 12-18-2014, 08:43 AM   #10

Angry Michelin tires

One year old,inside sidewall of double axel blow out, 4,000 miles. $445.00 dollars,Michelin reimbursed me $145.00 after a three month battle.
piperpa11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:44 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
Those appear to be purely cosmetic superficial cracks which would have no deleterious affect on tire use, IMO.
Cheers!
alpha99
IMO even only "purely cosmetic superficial cracks" should not be part of an expensive tire purchase,
They weren't something I expected to get for with $3500+ worth of "the best tires in the world" ....and definitely not sometime that I, or my local Michelin tire dealer, was comfortable with.
It's not easy to drive a coach with your fingers crossed because you wonder when one of the thousands of "cosmetic superficial sidewall cracks" might suddenly become a "disastrous crack".
BTW, if you would be happy with that I know where you can get a set of 6 3 1/2 year old "superficial cracked" Michelins, (with less than 10,000 miles on them), for only $2000 .
(I could use the money)
Mel
'96 Safari
Old 12-18-2014, 09:26 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Michelin RV Tires Website

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
alpha99
IMO even only "purely cosmetic superficial cracks" should not be part of an expensive tire purchase,
They weren't something I expected to get for with $3500+ worth of "the best tires in the world" ....and definitely not sometime that I, or my local Michelin tire dealer, was comfortable with.
It's not easy to drive a coach with your fingers crossed because you wonder when one of the thousands of "cosmetic superficial sidewall cracks" might suddenly become a "disastrous crack".
BTW, if you would be happy with that I know where you can get a set of 6 3 1/2 year old "superficial cracked" Michelins, (with less than 10,000 miles on them), for only $2000 .
(I could use the money)
Mel
'96 Safari

Thanks, Mel.

I have Michelins that have some tiny superficial cracks similar to yours. They are four years old with 22,000 miles.

I am not concerned about tiny cosmetic cracks. But then I've been trained in tire inspection and safety as I fly commercial airliners that weigh 600,000 lbs. and travel at 180 mph. We don't consider changing tires unless they have deep (>1/2" to 3/4"or so) gouges, or wear cords are showing. Tiny superficial cracks are of no concern to me.

But if it makes you happy buying 6 new tires, then it's worth it (to you)!

Me, I'll keep running these for another 4 years or so. I hate wasting money throwing away good tires.

Cheers!
Old 12-18-2014, 12:18 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=13769
Old 12-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
Thanks, Mel.
I have Michelins that have some tiny superficial cracks similar to yours. They are four years old with 22,000 miles.
I am not concerned about tiny cosmetic cracks. But then I've been trained in tire inspection and safety as I fly commercial airliners that weigh 600,000 lbs. and travel at 180 mph. We don't consider changing tires unless they have deep (>1/2" to 3/4"or so) gouges, or wear cords are showing. Tiny superficial cracks are of no concern to me.
But if it makes you happy buying 6 new tires, then it's worth it (to you)!
Me, I'll keep running these for another 4 years or so. I hate wasting money throwing away good tires.
Cheers!
alpha99
That is frighting!

Apparently the "superficial" sidewall cracks in my Michelin tires bothered Michelin as much as they bothered me.... because Michelin Customer Care arranged for the replacement of all 6 of my "superficially cracked tires", for a cost to me of $484.63, (+ labor and tax)... FOR ALL 6.

Mel
'96 Safari

Tags
tires