Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2015, 08:46 AM   #85
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
What is meant by "higher rating"

Look at the page below from the Michelin website. Of course I'm not interested in "retreadibility" but the fuel efficiency rating is higher on the XZA2!

Tire and Retread Selector | Michelin Truck

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2015, 10:38 PM   #86

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I'm curious why you went with the XZA2 and not the XZA3

Old 06-17-2015, 10:48 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyemike View Post
Good question.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:09 AM   #88

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just got 6 tires installed yesterday with the FMCA Michelin Advantage for my GMC and the savings was pretty good. I saved around $400 on 6 tires. Mine are only 225/75R16s so they are not large but they are LRE.
bsinmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:28 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyemike View Post

Not Joe, but I have the same 295/80 steer tires. The XZA3 is not built in this size.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:26 PM   #90
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Got my new front tires installed yesterday!

Through FMCA, the two Michelin XZA2 29580R22.5 cost me a total of $1544.18, including local sales tax. Mounting the two new tires and moving one of the old tires to the rear, with new valve stems, was $129.00.

I hope I made the right choice, only time will tell! Thanks again to all of you for your comments and suggestions!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:52 PM   #91

Winnebago Owners Club
That's a good decision, Joe. You won't be sorry. Thanks for letting us know. \ken
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:03 PM   #92

high price does not always signal quality

we used the FMCA/Michelin plan [together with a lot of money] to replace steers and drives. aside from big name tire shop leaving my rims filthy, i later found that the drives were the wrong size - enough to throw off my speedometer. the steers were so far out of round that they could not be balanced to remove the intermittent road thump. goodbye Michelin - and FMCA failed me again

2006 Diplomat
Cavanaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:23 PM   #93

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Superior Tire in Portland OR says they have far fewer problems with Michelins as far as running true and balance.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:55 PM   #94
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavanaugh View Post
we used the FMCA/Michelin plan [together with a lot of money] to replace steers and drives. aside from big name tire shop leaving my rims filthy, i later found that the drives were the wrong size - enough to throw off my speedometer. the steers were so far out of round that they could not be balanced to remove the intermittent road thump. goodbye Michelin - and FMCA failed me again
I'm courious. What did the tire store say when you showed them that the size on the invoice wasn't the size they installed?
Old 10-07-2015, 01:30 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
I'm courious. What did the tire store say when you showed them that the size on the invoice wasn't the size they installed?

This was not a disconnect between the invoice and the install. it was between the install and the coach specification

2006 Diplomat
Cavanaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:52 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavanaugh View Post

How is this a fail by FMCA? So much wrong with this. It sounds like you found a shop that didn't do a good job. Did you specify the tire size? If so what are they going to do about getting the correct tires on for you. I'm on my second set of Michelins and I'm extremely happy with them. Sorry you have had issues but it certainly isn't FMCA's fault.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:05 PM   #97

Country Coach Owners Club
Sorry but I disagree with you about your problem being the fault of FMCA.

How in the world could FMCA be at fault because they weren't there?

How could FMCA be at fault for you getting the wrong size tire, they weren't there?

How could FMCA be at fault because the tires were in your opinion were out of round?

Please explain.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #98

It just doesn't cease to read these posts with people throwing Michelin, Camping World, FMCA under the bus because they had an unfortunate experience. I'm sure they don't post the things like they do here after they change to a different product or service and have a bad experience.

HR Ambassador 38 PDQ 360DP