Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #1

Michelin Tires

Hi was at Costco today and got a price on Michelin XZE 245/70R 19.5 tires is anyone using these tires on their RV and if so what do you think of them.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2014, 04:54 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Shopping today for the same size tires (brand didn't matter at this point) $2200 to $2800 for 6 out the door. Brands were Hankook, Cooper, Yokohama and Sumos. What was the price for the Mich's, they are good tires.

clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
Shopping today for the same size tires (brand didn't matter at this point) $2200 to $2800 for 6 out the door. Brands were Hankook, Cooper, Yokohama and Sumos. What was the price for the Mich's, they are good tires.
Out the door price $431.20 each and these are load range H but they can't handle a motorhome so I think you would have to take your wheels to them.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:41 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought that size Michelin xrv last year via the FMCA Michelin program. My third set of Michelin xrv's. Never a problem with them so I keep coming back.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #5

I bought some Michelin 10 ply tires for my f250 after being told they were the best on the market. A couple of months later, I had a blow out ( right rear tire) while towing a small trailer. I was driving at night in the rain so I didn't realize I had a flat. Once my truck began to wobble, I pulled over and saw the flat. I fixed it and continued to my hunting spot. After my trip, I went to discount tire and they quickly gave me a new one since I had bought certificates. They also filed a claim for the damage to my truck and trailer through Michelin. They declined the claim because the tire was used when it was "under inflated". Isn't that what happens when you have a flat? You lose pressure and then you pull over once you realize you have a flat. That's what I did. I will never buy from Michelin again. My experience with Michelin was ridiculous and I will never buy their products again. I wonder if they have done this to anyone else? I am almost due for new tires after wearing out my BFGs very quickly. Can anyone recommend another manufacturer that has great deals without sacrificing quality?
Old 01-10-2014, 06:55 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I purchased XRV's 22.5's at Costco, they got me three week old tires. I had to have another shop do the install perhaps they can handle a 19.5. My coach came with Michelin, I never had any problems so I went back for more, very happy I did. My cars run on them as well.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:34 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This is what I learned last year when shopping for tires. Only some Costco can do 19.5 tires, none can do 22.5. Those that can do 19.5 may have a length limitation on the coach they can handle.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:30 PM   #8

Once again Michelin tires fail. Had my front right separate the other day. Discount tire replaced it because I had the certificate. I would not recommend Michelin to anyone. Seems like their quality has gone down the tubes. I still have them because I keep replacing them under warranty. Out of 4 that I bought originally, 3 have been replaced due to defect. One of these days I will sell them and give another reputable tire manufacturer the business.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:30 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by newf View Post
Hi was at Costco today and got a price on Michelin XZE 245/70R 19.5 tires is anyone using these tires on their RV and if so what do you think of them.
Just had six installed ($352.00) each through FMCA. Saved almost $50.00 per tire. Mounting and balancing extra. Pete's Tire Service in Fullerton, Ca.
Not a Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Pete's Tire Service quoted me the same price $352. for 245R70 x 19.5 F Michelin XRV and said they were in the warehouse. When I called them back the were happy to make an appointment for me. Unfortunately, they called back to say they no longer had the tires and the next shipment is not expected until July. They are now pushing the Hankook tires with a higher load rating. I will likely buy the Hankooks. He said if I didn't like them, when I returned from my Oregon trip, he would replace them with Michelins. I think Pete's is a honest outfit.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:45 PM   #11

I've used Michelins on both of my Motorhomes for quite a few years with zero problems. I'm getting ready to replace the tires on my Class B because they are 7 years old but look great. I'm going to purchase Michelins because they have worked well for me
Old 05-24-2014, 05:46 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by psadave46 View Post
Pete's Tire Service quoted me the same price $352. for 245R70 x 19.5 F Michelin XRV and said they were in the warehouse. When I called them back the were happy to make an appointment for me. Unfortunately, they called back to say they no longer had the tires and the next shipment is not expected until July. They are now pushing the Hankook tires with a higher load rating. I will likely buy the Hankooks. He said if I didn't like them, when I returned from my Oregon trip, he would replace them with Michelins. I think Pete's is a honest outfit.
I just replaced my four rear tires with Michelin XZE's and they are a good looking tire with 17/32" thread on them and I'm in Canada now and the price I paid up here was $1890.00 Installed and balanced which is good up here as we pay 15% taxes and that was included in the price.
When we were in Florida I had trouble with the Good Years and I contacted Good Year and finally they replaced my 2 front ones for 253.00 US out the door so I couldn't turn that down but have never had any luck with Good Year.
Put Michelin on my class C Motorhome and no problems.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:11 AM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Another Tire Dilemma

I just replaced the tires on my 64 caddie last week. The other brand that I had put on 2 years ago were out of round 3 out of the 4.(terrible vibration that's another story)
I replaced them with Hankooks with in a block I new there was a huge difference in the ride and soo smooth on the hwy.
I am going to get a set of them for the MH. I currently have 2 Michelin's and 4 Bridgestones. 225-70-R-19.5 (all old)
I have found them for $194.00 ea. (Any position)
Costco gave me a price for Michelin @ around $25-$2600.00 no install just tires out the door. Goodyears were $2-300.00 cheaper.
I have Goodyears on my 99 deville and have almost 70,000 miles on them with no problems, but for the MH not sure I want to go that route because of blowouts.
Anyone using Hankook's on there MH? Pros and con's?
If I have as good luck with new Hankooks as the ones on the 64 I will be very happy,
Thanks Tim
Sorry don't mean to highjack your post.

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires