Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2014, 08:43 AM   #1

Michelin tires...which one to buy

we need to buy tires for our 2006 HR Navigator. Called a tire dealer and he suggested the Michelin X Coach HLZ tire. I have seen posted here that there is discussion about the Michelin XZA-3 tire. Any opinions out there about buying one or the other? Thanks
bardani54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2014, 03:19 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When we purchased our Horizon 3 years ago the dealer replaced all 6 of our tires and he recommended Michelin XZE2 tires and we have been happy with them. Good luck with your decision.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Michelin XRV 's here. 3rd purchased set. Happy with them.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:12 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Have the XZA2 all around on our coach, Rides nice.
Mjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardani54 View Post
we need to buy tires for our 2006 HR Navigator. Called a tire dealer and he suggested the Michelin X Coach HLZ tire. I have seen posted here that there is discussion about the Michelin XZA-3 tire. Any opinions out there about buying one or the other? Thanks

In the 295/80R22.5 that you need, the Michelin XZA2 Energy is and has been the preferred tire for a number of years. The X Coach has been around for a few years and was recently redesigned with the HLZ designation. The few reports I have seen on this tire are good. The XZA2 Energy has been in short supply recently and that may be why the dealer is pushing the other designs. I believe I heard that this tire was back in the supply chain & were available again

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:22 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
One little thing to keep in mind if changing tires is to be aware of tire rotations per mile. I changed to Michelin XZE and the speedodometer started reading about 5 mph off at 55 or 60 mph. It was a simple fix but something I had not heard of before. The original tires were Michelin and few years ago I switched to Goodyear 670's and this year to Michelin XZE. The original Michelins and the Goodyears apparently had the same revolutions per mile.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We put new Michelins XZAs
on our 2004 National and have no problems with them.
Greg K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires