Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
just an observation...but I noticed the other day at a local area high end luxury coach shop, that most of the really expensive long haul Coaches all had Michelin brand tires on them including both front, rear and tag. Some of these coaches were well over a million dollars plus in cost.. Might be something here with Michelin brand tires on so many high end expensive rigs...

DocUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #16

XZEs

We have 3+ yr old Michelin XZE 11Rx22.5 H rated 16 ply tires on the steer axle of our 98 Signature. They have 17k+ miles on them. We like them just fine.

We have 1 yr old Michelin XZA3s 275x80-22.5 H rated 16 ply on the steer axle of our 98 DSDP. They are 1 yr old with 3k miles. We like them too.

Costco & SamsClub sell 22.5 Michelin tires for around $500 ea + tax, but can't mount or balance them. Take'm to a truck stop.

Regional tires have tougher sidewalls that take hittin curbs better than highway tires. This could be a good thing!

We hope this helps

Don

Old 11-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachler View Post
A little history' We rented motorhomes out For many years; Two years ago we took a trip with a group of motorhomes the albuquekie balloon fest, one of the group put a set of tires on. Braged about the good deal. Well somewere in Arazona, The RR outside duel blew;; He was lucky the coach was a light gray color The 3 rolls of duct tape matched it quite well;; But spend your money wisely; This post is from my experiance onlyand is not intended to insult the person that Knows it all.
Hey bachler,
Now you are becoming a real pain... Do you KNOW anything useful you can tell us about the Michelin XZE2+ Commercial tire in size 295R80/22.5? If so I would appreciate your input. However, I have no reason to seek your stories concerning your (or those you may know) experience with tire failures.

As I said earlier, anyone can have a tire failure with any manufacturer, anywhere, anytime. I don't care and am not interested in reading through your posts to this thread UNLESS you would like to add some specific knowledge regarding the suitability of the Michelin XZE2+ in Motorcoach service with a loaded weight of 33,000 pounds... (and yes, the coach is rated for 33,000 pounds).

If you just want to share your general experiences, please start your own thread and have a ball.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:10 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchStar38 View Post
I also switched to the XZE2+ and am very pleased with the ride. I check my tires often and from the outside they seem fine. I feel safe with them.
Thanks for your input. It confirms what other members are saying, and I am sure my buddy has decided to purchase the XZE2+.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestarace View Post
We have 3+ yr old Michelin XZE 11Rx22.5 H rated 16 ply tires on the steer axle of our 98 Signature. They have 17k+ miles on them. We like them just fine.

We have 1 yr old Michelin XZA3s 275x80-22.5 H rated 16 ply on the steer axle of our 98 DSDP. They are 1 yr old with 3k miles. We like them too.

Costco & SamsClub sell 22.5 Michelin tires for around $500 ea + tax, but can't mount or balance them. Take'm to a truck stop.

Regional tires have tougher sidewalls that take hittin curbs better than highway tires. This could be a good thing!

We hope this helps

Don
Don,
Thank you for your input. Looks like the XZE2+ is a good tire for the application. I spoke with my buddy last night and he is going to go with them. I put XZA2 Energy in 295R80/22.5 on my '04 Travel Supreme in February of this year, and we have put more than 11,000 miles on them while traveling between all four corners of the U.S. They have been outstanding and show no visible wear. We are allowing them to "vacation" for the winter months in deep South Texas.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40DS04 View Post
Hey bachler,
Now you are becoming a real pain... Do you KNOW anything useful you can tell us about the Michelin XZE2+ Commercial tire in size 295R80/22.5? If so I would appreciate your input. However, I have no reason to seek your stories concerning your (or those you may know) experience with tire failures.

As I said earlier, anyone can have a tire failure with any manufacturer, anywhere, anytime. I don't care and am not interested in reading through your posts to this thread UNLESS you would like to add some specific knowledge regarding the suitability of the Michelin XZE2+ in Motorcoach service with a loaded weight of 33,000 pounds... (and yes, the coach is rated for 33,000 pounds).

If you just want to share your general experiences, please start your own thread and have a ball.
I thought this forum wato share Information. I guess I was Wrong . OH I like your way of Putting Your THoughts; Vary vary smart. Your Intellagence Shows .. You are a smart Porson;;; I can tell by your response. Life is good..
Old 04-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #21

I see that this thread is pretty old now, but FWIW we have had Michelin 295/80R22.5 XZE2+ tires on our rig for about 24,000 miles now, since July 2008. They give a smooth, comfortable ride, and there is not yet any sign of wear.

The coach weighed 34,100# last time I scaled it.