Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Get the ones with the best deal...RV tires age out before the mileage out, so either will work.

Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #16

Hi RovinOn, I highly recommend the Bridgestone tires presently running with Bridgestone R250F series load range "G" tires on our coach.

Been using Bridgestones for over 7 years without any problems. For myself the choice would be easy.

An important thing to remember is your tires are the weakest link between your coach and the pavement and that's why I choose Bridgestones.

Bridgestone tires also have a deeper tread depth of 19/32nds when new than some of the other brands, check it out.

Good luck with your choice of tires..

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Last coach I put on Bridgestone 19.5's Ran them for 12 years and 70,000 miles, had 50% of tread left and no sidewall cracking even though I was WAY over time limit. As soon as I wore out the Goodyears that came on this coach Bridgestone went on. They are a truck tire and to me appear to ride slightly harder than the Goodyears but are a IMHO heavier duty tire. Price is not a consideration because when a tire blows MH damage far exceeds tire price differences
Old 07-21-2012, 11:03 PM   #18

At about 5% more I would pick Michelin. A year ago I chose Firestone over Michelin but there was 28% difference in price. And Firestones were made in the USA and 3 weeks old.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Is the Bridgestone a standard truck tire? I have been told that truck tires have much more tire/road noise than a RV labeled tire. My Goodyears are 7 1/2 years old and need to be replace. They are G670 RV 245/70 19.5 Load F but the new ones are Load G. They are pricy at about $525 per tire before balance and mounting. I was quoated an out the door installed price for six new Goodyears at $3,750. Ouch! I would look for a better deal with a tire we could trust. We are fulltimers.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #20

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadtif View Post
Is the Bridgestone a standard truck tire? I have been told that truck tires have much more tire/road noise than a RV labeled tire. My Goodyears are 7 1/2 years old and need to be replace. They are G670 RV 245/70 19.5 Load F but the new ones are Load G. They are pricy at about $525 per tire before balance and mounting. I was quoated an out the door installed price for six new Goodyears at $3,750. Ouch! I would look for a better deal with a tire we could trust. We are fulltimers.
If you're an FMCA member you can use their Advantage program and maybe get the Michelins for that or less. Might even pay to join just for the savings.

Tires have gone up significantly too. About two years ago I paid $512 out the door for Michelin 275/70 22.5's and $601 for 305/70 22.5's for the front.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:37 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Still researching the tires but have been dealing with some other issues.
Thanks for all you input. I will probaly call the dealer tomorrow to confirm tire models and prices.
My coach is in the shop again to have the cabinets over the dinette re attached. This has been the 3rd time for loosening or dropping cabinets on this thing.
Regards,
RovinOn
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:47 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
Have you considered Hankooks. The 19.5 tires should be readily available. We had these on our previous gas unit and paid just over $1700 for (6), M&B, about 2 1/2yrs ago.
Hancook tires are a top rated tire according to Consumer Reports. I have them on my Honda CRV going on two years. No problems and great in the winter.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:02 PM   #23

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonchase View Post
Hancook tires are a top rated tire according to Consumer Reports. I have them on my Honda CRV going on two years. No problems and great in the winter.
The ratings are based on brand, models and size, they don't carry over from model to model even inside a brand name. What might be good in your model may not be good in another.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #24
Commercial Member

One thing to consider is replacement availability and service.
Which company has a larger dealer network? Does either offer road service with the purchase?
Old 08-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We put Bridgestone tores on a class A as well as a class C. Never had any problems with the tires. On my truck I like to run Michelins and have never had a problem.

On my two og my wife's car,s we replaced the OEM tires with Sumitomo and never a problem.

But there are tow places in life that it does not pay to cut corners....brakes and tires. You need some thing that will work right every time.

Ken
Old 08-07-2012, 01:54 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would never again buy Bridgestone or Firestone. Michelins are often over priced or difficult to find in a pinch. I recently went with Toyo, (made in America), and am glad I did. They are cheaper, have as good or better load ratings, and are readily available...
Old 08-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
It is confusing to know what type and brand of tire to go with for replacing our Goodyear G670 rv 245/70 19.5 tires. When I check out commerical truck tires and see regional vs long haul tires, steer vs drive tires, ect. I question what is the right tire for our Class A. My main concern is with the tire noise and handeling. I have been considering the Continentals HSR1 , Toyo M143, Bridgestone 230, Handkook, and a few others. I know there are many choices in tires and many would probably work fine, but it is hard to know which tire will give us a good handeling and a quiet ride as possible. I am hoping to stay below $3k for a set of six out the door price. The Goodyears are around $3,700 at everyplace I had checked. So we are searching for a good replacement tire.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadtif
It is confusing to know what type and brand of tire to go with for replacing our Goodyear G670 rv 245/70 19.5 tires. When I check out commerical truck tires and see regional vs long haul tires, steer vs drive tires, ect. I question what is the right tire for our Class A. My main concern is with the tire noise and handeling. I have been considering the Continentals HSR1 , Toyo M143, Bridgestone 230, Handkook, and a few others. I know there are many choices in tires and many would probably work fine, but it is hard to know which tire will give us a good handeling and a quiet ride as possible. I am hoping to stay below $3k for a set of six out the door price. The Goodyears are around $3,700 at everyplace I had checked. So we are searching for a good replacement tire.
Any of these brands are fine. Just look for a tire marketed as an "all position" tire for either long haul or regional service. For noise, the tread pattern is the key and most all position tires have a "rib" type tread which is low noise. Handling is most affected by proper inflation pressure and alignment.

Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote