Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2015, 07:35 AM   #1

Milton vs Motor Trend tire pressure gauge

Trying to decide between the Milton 976 and the Motor Trend TGM 1235 gauges. Anyone have a preference? I have dual wheels without air valve extensions (had the extensions but decided to remove them).

Does anyone know if the pop out scale remains out until manually pushed back in, or does it immediately reset when the gauge is removed from the tire valve?
jrnacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2015, 08:34 AM   #2

Let me ell something about my story with the tire pleasure monitoring system , I pick up the one with TST TRUCK , to start the battery sensor do not last 5 years that the company stated and that is a problem not for the last of the battery but for the cost of $20.00 for each sensor battery, you may do the math about when like my I do have 6 imagine who may have 10. Just a lite feed
dinkie0719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:49 AM   #3

It should stay out until you push it back in. I have seen some that will retract slightly when it is removed from the valve stem. I prefer to use a pressure gauge.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:25 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have used a Milton for years and it has always performed excellent.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:26 PM   #5

My experience with tire gages is you get what you pay for. The dial ones seem to be the most accurate and repeatable. You buy 5 cheap gages and you will rarely find 2 that agree and then you don't know if there right.

good luck
pointrow
Old 08-19-2015, 02:02 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Milton is the best in my opinion. I have had one for 5 years and going. I use it for the motorhome, the car, the farm truck, the truck, horse trailer, utility trailers and the tractor so it gets a lot of use. I "test" it once a year by taking it with me to the tire store when I have my car tires checked. The tech uses mine and his commercial gauge on a single tire and he lets me know how they compare. Keeps right on ticking!
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:17 PM   #7

Milton for sure and it will stay out until you push it back in.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:41 PM   #8

It may matter to some and not so much to others but Milton truck tire gauges should still be made in the USA. The one I purchased last year still had the made in USA stamped on it but I lost it and will have to purchase another. The online reviews I've read as recent as a few months ago, still claim that they're made in the U.S.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:16 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My in line gauge on a fill line by Milton was made in China. When I called them because it did not read correctly, they told me they do no service any more. I bought a rebuild kit but it still reads incorrectly.
On the other hand, I have three accu gauges and they all read exactly the same as each other.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:33 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
tire gauge

[IMG][/IMG]I made one that works for all my tires i dont use extenders so i need different angles for inside duals i will try to post pics
i took a milton dial gauge added a quick connect as on a air hose then took two different air chucks and added the male quick connect they are both used as gauge and air chucks works for me Mike

Tags
tire pressure