Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2014, 07:57 AM   #43

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
Keep ours in the back yard ! would be lost if it were gone

Nice spot your mistress/stud has
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2014, 10:47 AM   #44

Jeez guys I sure am glade I read this thread as I thought I may be crazy. Don't know how some of you can stand to put her in storage. Have my baby at home under her very own shed. I visit most every day if nothing else just to say hay. What a lifestyle.
BoPeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:51 AM   #45

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
It's my MAN CAVE
Old 01-24-2014, 11:16 AM   #46

National RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Me too.

My DW calls it my man cave. It is at a storage lot about 1 1/2 miles away under cover and gated. I spend so much time over there that if anyone comes by while I'm there, they think I'm the management and start asking me questions. My gate key is about worn out. I do need to fes up and admit that sometimes I just go over and do nothing. I even turn the OTA TV channels on and watch something for a while or listen to the radio. Sometimes, I try to remember what those things were that I said I was going to fix after the last trip. I try to write them down but it doesn't always happen.

I fixed and changed so much stuff on it that I'm afraid I won't have anything left to do. I just repaired a Freedom 458 Inverter/Charger with new relays for $20. A new Inverter would have been ~$2000. I tell myself I just saved $1980 and of course I tell the DW that too.

I have another project lined up for the dinning area but waiting for warmer weather. BTW, I leave an elec. heater set to 55* to keep things from freezing and they pay the elec. It got in the 20's here last night which is rare for the Houston area. Of course I went over this morning to check on the ole girl and she was fine. I go over almost every day for something and a few times it's been multiple trips (come home for lunch, etc.).

We do have it bad. Actually, our DW's are probably glad to get us out of the house. With golf 3 days a week and the MH, she has the house to herself often. She does tutor in our home (elem. reading and math) 6 days a week, so I escape a lot during those times.

I hope they don't find a cure for this as I would probably drive the DW crazy.

John
zzjea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:36 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
re: I try to remember what those things were that I said I was going to fix after the last trip. I try to write them down but it doesn't always happen.

================================================== ===

My I phone has a neat little "notes" app on it. Since it's usually with me, it's easy to jot a note down on it when it occurs to me. Very handy, and yes, I did
used to forget some "great" ideas I used to get, but not anymore!

Frank
Mr LeMans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:32 AM   #48

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey shortboxer,

Did you get the little lady back from the repair shop yet? Haven't heard.
Hope so.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #49

Original poster here, still in shop and they are delayed on paint work due to cold temps. Looks like it will be at least another week. It's been very difficult waiting for it but I'm trying to be patient.
shortboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #50

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
OMy new paint you are doing it right. I would like to get my old Betsy a new paint job, They said they will need it for 4 weeks. I wish I had the buckaroos now while its cold and then go get her when its warmed up. Will be following to see her.
tb
Old 02-02-2014, 04:37 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortboxer View Post
My motorhome is at the dealer for warranty work that they say will be at least 3 weeks. It's been 10 days and I'm really missing it. When it's here in the driveway, It's my home away from home and I'm in it alot tinkering with it or just hanging out in it. In fact I just like looking at it in the driveway. I'm having a hard time without it. My wife thinks I'm crazy. Anyone else feel the same?
Please give us your signature with coach specs. And your id picture? Looks like a sleeper to me.