Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2014, 07:32 PM   #1

Miss my motorhome

My motorhome is at the dealer for warranty work that they say will be at least 3 weeks. It's been 10 days and I'm really missing it. When it's here in the driveway, It's my home away from home and I'm in it alot tinkering with it or just hanging out in it. In fact I just like looking at it in the driveway. I'm having a hard time without it. My wife thinks I'm crazy. Anyone else feel the same?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You can come sit in mine....well, you could wash it for me first and then there's the need to wax it.

It would keep you busy and your mind off your troubles until yours gets back.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:38 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I spend time in my when it is in the driveway. I either work on it or just hang out in it. No, we are not crazy. Just obsessed!
Old 01-12-2014, 07:43 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
4x the above just cant stand to leave her alone
Old 01-12-2014, 08:55 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
I feel your pain! No craziness involved. Luckily I get to use ours at least once a month.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:04 PM   #6

Glad to hear I am not the only one addicted. My wife sometime ask it I visited my RV today
Old 01-12-2014, 09:06 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Me too, mine is in storage now. But we are planning a trip end of month.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:36 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortboxer View Post
My motorhome is at the dealer for warranty work that they say will be at least 3 weeks. It's been 10 days and I'm really missing it. When it's here in the driveway, It's my home away from home and I'm in it alot tinkering with it or just hanging out in it. In fact I just like looking at it in the driveway. I'm having a hard time without it. My wife thinks I'm crazy. Anyone else feel the same?
Same thing here! Mine was at the dealer for some minor warranty repairs and then couldn't be picked up for another few weeks due to the weather. I was going into withdrawal!! Finally got it back and have spent the last few nights watching movies in it and tinkering. Tonight I actually fell asleep in there and woke up at midnight. Came in the house and sneaked into bed without the wife waking up. She thinks I'm nuts anyway!
Old 01-13-2014, 06:24 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mines in storage too. We was going to pick her up next week for a warm up trip to AZ but plans have changed. I probably won't be seeing her till spring now. 😞
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:04 AM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Unhappy I thought it was just me too!!!!

Mines in the driveway, Winterized. I know I will get it for this ,but I have gone thru 30 gals of gas since I parked her back at the end of Oct.
I have probly missed 4 days that I haven't gone out to work (play) puttsing around, start the gennie, start her up let run 45 -60 minutes. Along with a space heater and the furnace it gets up to 70-75 in no time.
I will just sit out there and listen to Rush and the rest of the gang.
Installed a few new toys. Wiped all the wood down with Liquid Gold, vacummed every piece of carpet and all the valances,washed the rugs, got every nook and cranny on the dash cleaned (Qtips even).
Fixed the blower motor on the dash (what a diference). Installed a new choke pull off works great too!!. I am starting to run out of things to do on the inside. The sun is starting to stay up longer. I know, 2-2 1/2 months too go.

I'm really glad its just not me...
Tim
spritz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #11

Great to hear that I am not alone. It's in our blood forever. Thanks for the replies. Got a call this am that my M.H will be ready to pickup next Thursday if everything goes well. I am counting down the days.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:05 PM   #12

We like to get in several days a week and DW and I just visit and talk about past and future trips, projects either of us still want to do. After and hour or two we go back to normal life.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto!!! Both me and the DW love going out and spending a little time in the driveway. Also like others have said, we'll make several trips a day to the sunroom just to look at it bedded down in the driveway.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #14

Texas Boomers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Hmm.. If my wife sees this thread and wants to me to explain the rationale why I need ANOTHER (especially one that is as all consuming as this one appears to be) HOBBY.. Im screwed.