Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2017, 03:22 PM   #1

Missing signal lights

I need advice from the experts. DW and I are traveling today. When we left, everything worked fine. When we went to exit off freeway, noticed signal lights were not working. This happened once before, but before we got to a good stopping place they were working fine. As other things happened, I forgot about it. Now it has happened again. Any help appreciated.
Arby49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2017, 03:48 PM   #2

HI Arby49; Nothing worse than the interment problems. Just some questions. I was wondering, when your signals do not function, is it both left and right? Also when this is happening, do your 4- way flashers function? Could be you turn signal flasher unit is going bad. Years ago, and I don't know about newer units, the turn signal flasher and the 4-way flasher were two separate units. If your 4-ways are working, I would see if you could locate the signal flasher control unit. It would be hard for me to speculate where yours is as I don't have a Dynasty. It also could be a problem with the turn signal switch on the Colum. On yours, is the turn signal switch on the Colum also used for your high beams. Have you tried pulling up on the turn signal switch to go to high beams to see if that makes any difference. Just trying to come up with some ideas to isolate certain parts of the system. Your turn signals are also a fused circuit. If like mine, the fuse and or circuit breaker for the turn signals is in the front electrical bay below the drivers side window. Should be labeled, turn signals. I don't know if any of this will help but could give you a start on where to look. Good luck.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:59 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
HI Arby49; Nothing worse than the interment problems. Just some questions. I was wondering, when your signals do not function, is it both left and right? Also when this is happening, do your 4- way flashers function? Could be you turn signal flasher unit is going bad. Years ago, and I don't know about newer units, the turn signal flasher and the 4-way flasher were two separate units. If your 4-ways are working, I would see if you could locate the signal flasher control unit. It would be hard for me to speculate where yours is as I don't have a Dynasty. It also could be a problem with the turn signal switch on the Colum. On yours, is the turn signal switch on the Colum also used for your high beams. Have you tried pulling up on the turn signal switch to go to high beams to see if that makes any difference. Just trying to come up with some ideas to isolate certain parts of the system. Your turn signals are also a fused circuit. If like mine, the fuse and or circuit breaker for the turn signals is in the front electrical bay below the drivers side window. Should be labeled, turn signals. I don't know if any of this will help but could give you a start on where to look. Good luck.
What he said. AND...if both of your turn signals are out that tells me that you lost your 12v to the common point for the turn signals. Check your fuse holder and or wire that comes from the fuse to the relay. It might also be in the relay itself as previously explained.
billdreamlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:04 PM   #4

Thanks 8.3oilburner and billdreamlv. I appreciate the help. I will be planted for a few days so will check it out. I have a suspicion that the problem is somewhere in the steering column. Both turned signal and flashers are embedded there. Will start with the simple things first.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:03 PM   #5

Cranked the coach up this morning and...yep, the signal lights work fine. Could not make them fail!

Tags
light, lights