Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2012, 07:05 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Moisture in headlight

I have some condensation in one of my headlights. How do I correct this and prevent it from happening again? There are no cracks in the lens, either front or back and it appears that all the wire weather boots are attached to the lens assembly.

Thanks,
Stewart
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2012, 07:40 AM   #2

When mine was under warranty I had it replaced. It has to have a seal broken somewhere. You might try removing the bulb and use a hair dryer and blow in the hole but it probably will do it again.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
We had several of these at our dealership. If you want to replace the headlight, Remove the light and look for the manufacturers logo. All headlights are off the shelf headlights. (most are ford) If you want to repair, you will have to remove the headlight. Most of the time it is the seam where the light is put together in two halves. coat the seam with a rubberized sealer. To dry it out, put in a few ounces of alcohol swish it around then pour it out and then blow out with compressed air.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:37 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I get the same thing about this time every year. I pulled the entire assembly out and searched for a crack or broken seam, but found nothing. I sealed up the seams anyway with silicone, but the same problem came back the following year. Now, once the weather warms up, I just remove the bulb and let the assembly air out for a week or so until it dries. It's then good to go for another year.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:59 AM   #5

Or you can dry it out by turning on the headlights, the heat from the bulb will dry it out in a few minutes. As others have said, it probably has a crack along the seam.
lllkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #6

Doesn't hurt anything does it?

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks everyone. I'll have a much closer look at it when the weather gets better. The hair dryer and silicone sounds like a plan.
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
moisture