Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #1

Monaco Dynasty vs. Entegra Cornerstone

Would really be interested in thoughts on the comparison of these two coaches. Assuming both would be purchased new.
iquailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2012, 05:50 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would take a chance on Navistar and go with the Monaco. That is just because I don't want to deal with DEF.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Go with the Entegra. It is one of two (the other Tiffin) lines of coaches owned by a family, not a corporation. All things considered, I want to talk to the owner rather than a board of directors. What's more, there is an extra $80,000 in untouchable money that goes to the corporation that can't be bargained, so the Monaco is starting in a deficit. I'm surprised you're not also looking at a Zephyr.
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:19 AM   #4

I am not sure I would include Tiffin in this consideration. Tiffin has so many issues with their coaches today. I am a Monaco owner but would seriously consider the Entegra.
bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdomino
I am not sure I would include Tiffin in this consideration. Tiffin has so many issues with their coaches today. I am a Monaco owner but would seriously consider the Entegra.
Actually that is an incorrect statement. The techs will tell you if you ask. The only reason you see many complaints on Tiffin is because they sell so many more coaches. The actual percentage of complaints to coach ratio is very low.

Of course, I own a Tiffin am pleased to report few issues and none major.

Talk to the techs....
Sun City Center, FL
Old 05-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
That's interesting. Having no "issues" with either my '07 Phaeton or my '12 Bus.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:43 AM   #7

Tiffin is not number one in sales for class a coaches. Winnebago is. Do you hear about all of the issues at Winnebago that you read about for Tiffin? Leaking roofs, cutting sections out of the roof and wet bay areas being replaced. Who wants to go to Red Bay and spend a month getting everything fixed?
bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:09 AM   #8

LOL.....Happens every time....

Sorry iquailhunter.....you won't get a useable answer here. As you can see, we all love our MoHo's and after investing a fortune in it, none of us wants to think we made the wrong decision. So no matter how you phrase it, it's the wrong question.

Establish your criteria, budget, amenities, and floorplan, THEY ARE BOTH GOOD COACHES.
Talk to other owners about your DEALER service experiences.
Talk to more than one dealer for the brand of coach you wish to purchase.
Get competing offers if possible.
Look at the warranties closely.
Take your best shot to make the deal that YOU want.

Good luck and happy motorhoming.
Sun City Center, FL
Old 05-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #9

Wink

THANK YOU !!!!! To all of you that have taken the time to give me a part of your experience and expertise. When a person is just starting out in this life style the choices are really intimidating. I'll continue to monitor this thread and hopefully learn even more---until the next time--

Blessings on all of ya!!!
iquailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:26 AM   #10

IMO do three things. First, choose the coach with the chassis you feel is the best based on your research with how you intend to use the coach. Secondly, select the coach with the floor plan and finish you (or more importantly your wife) finds most appealing. Lastly, dont forget to consider the customer service department of the manufacturer.

People can say "talk to techs"...which sounds like a good idea. And people can say what they want about "percentages of coaches built versus number of customer complaints" and all of that. But Entegra is the only company that I was unable to find a customer that was disappointed with their customer service experience. No calculator necessary to do that math. Add to that, that we liked the chassis, floor plan and finish. Decision made... And another happy Entegra customer.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I'd buy the monaco. Hmmn, nevermind, i did. But i would do it again in a heartbeat.

The 8 or 10 air bag roadmaster chassis is, in my opinion, the difference, and one that no other coach manufacturer can compete with.

The left and right air bags on my knight are 7.5 feet apart!
Not 3' like a conventional trailing arm suspension.

The difference going down the road is amazing.

Sway and lean are nonexistant, even with the factory monroe shocks. Bus drives like it is on railroad tracks
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:32 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I'd buy the Monaco, I'm big on wood work and the Dynasty has solid wood work thru out and not just on the facings.

If I was you I would just go in and really look at the coaches that you are interested in and try looking past the "eye candy and the glitz" and look at how the coach is made and put together.

Oh, by the way, my first coach was a 2007 Dynasty and was a very nice coach. I kept that coach for almost a year before trading it in on the 2008 Signature I now have, and the big reason I traded was because the Sig has a bath and a half (Better half wanted that) and the Sig has the Cummins 600 in it (that's for me..)
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:02 AM   #13

I have friends with both coaches, they have all the same minor issues that everyone does. All of these high end coaches have a lot of very complex systems on them. Both of these friends choose to have everything repaired/serviced by others rather than take on some of the work them selves, to the tune of 3-4K per year. Both are happy with the coachs. In short find the one that fits your taste and needs the best, search the owners forums, and go for it. But bottom line none of em are trouble free.
bbeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have seen both coaches at Lazydays. The new Dynasty looks sharp. I owned an 03 Navigator for 9 years with the Roadmaster chassis and it was a solid coach. The Dynasty also offers a DS wall slide. My only concern would be the Navistar engine. They get around the DEF solution by running a higher engine temp. For me the jury is still out on the long tern effect on engine life. I have DEF on my 2011 Tradition 42P and it frankly is not an issue or problem. The tail pipe looks brand new inside. No soot at all. The Cornerstone I explored was a 2011. I wasn't wild about the floor plan or quality of the furniture. I understand that both areas have been upgraded for the 2013's. The Entegra was the quietest coach I have ever driven. The Spartan K3 chassis is legendary. Drive both coaches. With these two your choice will probably come down to which has the floor plan you like best.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Dave

Tags
monaco