Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2016, 03:25 PM   #1

Monaco Knight Slide no power? Help!

Hey guys im a new member to the fourms hopefully someone can helps.

I have a 2000 monaco Knight Class A motor home. It has a single electric slide with the kitchen and a couch in the slide.

When i press the rocker switch for in/out above the outside door in the cabinet nothing happen. The rocker(double pole double throw ) switch is getting power. Also checked continuity of the switch its self. Also checked slide fuse (15A) in the main DC fuse panel above bed and the slide lockout fuse (7.5A) located in exterior bay on drivers front side.

I also hooked the slide motor up to a battery and it does move in and out so the gearbox and motor is fine.

Is there some relay or control box somewhere in the slide that has a lockout relay or another breaker or fuse i haven't checked. It worked when it was put away before the winter.
Perhaps someone has a wiring diagram for the slide wiring?

Was hoping to go on a trip the weekend and it would be great if i didn't have to use a socket wrench to open the slide.

Thanks in advance

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2016, 03:39 PM   #2

I don't know what brand of slide you have... but it sounds like the current draw you describe isn't enough.... I'd guess there are some relays that carry the majority of the current... my unit has a large fused cable (40 amp) that runs direct to the system and a solenoid (relay) is controlled by a light 5 amp circuit...

Old 06-21-2016, 03:54 PM   #3

not certain on the brand of slide ill have a look at the motor and see if it states a brand. Where is the 40A fuse located in your rv?
Old 06-21-2016, 05:39 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Check to make sure all the basement doors under the slide are closed. There is an inhibitor switch for each door. Sometimes one of my switches will not work right, open and slam the door shut and it works.

If that doesn't work you should have a control module somewhere with relays mounted on it. Mine is located the passenger side rear electrical compartment. There is a fuse on the circuit board that may have blown. Mine blows for some reason, replace the fuse and all is good for a couple years.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:31 PM   #5

Jim i don't think my basement doors have any switches. the ones under the slide area only come up to 90 degrees so they don't interfere with the slide.

Yes somewhere there should be a bunch of relays but i cant seem to find them?? is yours in one of the basement compartments? what does it look like?

i checked my battery compartment but there is no box or relays there. The compartment next to the battery one further aft has my inverter in it. Ill have another look in the morning see if i missed anything
Old 06-21-2016, 10:15 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Check to make sure there is no switch, it would be mounted at the top on the inside of the frame, the door pushes it in to send a single that the door is closed.

My circuit board is mounted in the rear compartment in the same location as the house and chassis cut out switches at the bottom left side.

Since you own a different model it may not be in the same location. It is about 4"X 4" square, since you only have 1 slide it may not be that big.

You could try and contact Monaco and ask them.

Contact Monaco Coach
Old 06-22-2016, 09:59 AM   #7

So i've tried a few more things. I took out the rocker switch again and it appears to be getting 12V to the red and white wires in the center of the DPDT switch but when i try to light a 12V test lamp nothing happens.

I have also bypassed the slide lockout/ignition relay so there should always be power at the slide control switch.

It makes me believe i have a bad ground or a bad connection somewhere in between the slide switch and the ignition lockout relay? Any additional thoughts?
Old 06-22-2016, 10:37 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbartlett41 View Post
So i've tried a few more things. I took out the rocker switch again and it appears to be getting 12V to the red and white wires in the center of the DPDT switch but when i try to light a 12V test lamp nothing happens.

I have also bypassed the slide lockout/ignition relay so there should always be power at the slide control switch.

It makes me believe i have a bad ground or a bad connection somewhere in between the slide switch and the ignition lockout relay? Any additional thoughts?

Call Monaco tech support. They can help you troubleshoot and can tell you where to look for the relay. They are super helpful.
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 06:28 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Here is a link to what my slide controller looks like

KIB Electronics Slide Room Controller, Dual Slide, 16615700

I have 2 slides so it does have more relays on it then yours would probably have. I actually have 2 of these controllers, one that controls both slides and a 2nd one for the generator slide which is located in the front drivers side electrical bay on the outside under the drives window.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:01 PM   #10

My power gear slides have a controller mounted near the motor at the top of one of the bays under the slide. The power to the motor for the big slide comes from a relay mounted next to the controller. The relay feeds power only when the transmission is in park and the parking brake is set and the ignition switch is in the run position. The wall switch connects to the controller and is not really powered-it is more of a connection of low amperage to tell the controller which way to run the motor. After storage one year I forgot I had to have the ignition switch on for a while. I had to replace the relay this year. The systems can be frustrating.

Tags
monaco, power, slide