Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2005, 04:42 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
We are looking at the 2005 Monaco Knight and like it so far but I am a little concerned about the two piece alum roof. Is anyone aware of any leaking problems with any of the Monaco products--I was speaking to a salesman who had worked at lazy days and sold Monacos and he gave them a bad rap concerning leaking roofs--of course where he is working now doesnt carry the Monaco Line !! Any other info on the Monaco lines would be appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2005, 04:42 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
We are looking at the 2005 Monaco Knight and like it so far but I am a little concerned about the two piece alum roof. Is anyone aware of any leaking problems with any of the Monaco products--I was speaking to a salesman who had worked at lazy days and sold Monacos and he gave them a bad rap concerning leaking roofs--of course where he is working now doesnt carry the Monaco Line !! Any other info on the Monaco lines would be appreciated.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:42 AM   #3

while I can't offer you any experience with our Knight..we just got it, I can offer this.
The company I work for has a policy that no employee should bad mouth the competition. I guess I go with the "if ya can't say something nice, don't say anything". I think you hit the nail on the head....they didn't have one to sell you.
I would think there are benifits to the aluminum roof. Ours has no trace of leakage...but it shouldn't at three years old.

In My search ofr our m/h I only found one dealer that liked bashing everything they didn't have...I never went back.

D

2002 Monaco Knight 32PBD.
dsnook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:09 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the info did you buy it new? Have you had any dealings with Monaco ?
Old 03-03-2005, 12:17 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco has an excellent reputation. That's not a guarantee of perfection, but most Monaco owners have been satisified that Monaco did everything possible to resolve problems.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 01:17 PM   #6

Hi, Ive been a member of the forum for years and have been in RV Sales for about 19 months. I can tell you that the aluminum roof used on Monaco/HR/Safari motorhomes has less problems that rubber or fiberglass. Please note: LESS problems. There are no perfect motorhomes out there. As for the 2005, Wow, what a change from prior years. I think it is one of the best price to what you get units on the market today. Whatever you end up with, just have fun and enjoy.

2009 Phaeton 40QTH
Wade & Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 04:36 AM   #7

We're on our 2nd Monaco MH ( Holiday Rambler) and One of the reasons I decided on HR was the alum roof. We did have a leak in our first MH , but it was from the a/c unit, not the roof. Make sure the a/c unit's 4 bolts that hold it in place is tight enough (not to tight though). The leak resulted when they replaced our a/c unit (small shop here in town) and did not replace the gasket under the a/c. Monaco has an excellent warranty shop in Wildwood Florida if you do experience probs. s/Toby
Old 03-04-2005, 05:38 AM   #8

Nope, we bought it used...we've had it for a whole week now! We haven't even gone anywhere in it....still loading it up with stuff. We are getting impatient though...Ifell a camping trip coming on fast.
Now if I could only get some of this stuff at work behind me, I could go in peace.

D

2002 Monaco Knight 32PBD.
dsnook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 06:12 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the replys. and to dsnook--good luck with your coach enjoy. Now if I can sell my 2001 Adventurer we can move forward with the Knight!
Old 03-06-2005, 02:26 AM   #10

I can't say enough good things about the Wildwood facility. Very co-operative and professional.
They definitely go the extra mile to ensure you're happy with your Monaco product.

As far as the Aluminum roof---No problems, and my 5th wheel and travel trailers (with aluminum roofs) only required minimal maintenance.
BobFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 07:07 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
We just purchased a 2005 Monaco Knight 38 PDQ two weeks ago. We have only had it on one shakedown trip but I can tell you that I am very impressed with this motorhome compared to our recently sold 2003 Journey DL. I got up on the roof yesterday to take some measurements because I ordered solar panels and found the manufacturer uses eternabond tape on all the seams. I had ordered a roll because the the first thing I ususally do is tape all the seams, I was surprised to find it already done. I wouldn't worry about roof leaks on this motorhome.

2007 Honda CRV
tpsps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 08:52 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I had a Geo-boy for eight years with alumi roof never had a leak, just check seams an like someone said the air cond bolts because they will loosen up.---"007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 04:26 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Tpsps-- I assume the jurney had basemaent air-- hw does the new coach compare with two roof airs--noise and cooling coach-- that is the other issue I have with the monaco rv--I really like the basement air.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:27 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
I was very happy with the basement air although a little loud when running at night being under the bed. The two roof air conditioners in the new Monaco are also very good at cooling the unit down and quieter. The only thing I'm not going to miss is not having the condensation running off the roof, didn't have to worry about that with the Winnie.

2007 Honda CRV
tpsps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a