Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #1

Monaco Signature Rusted floor roller

Hello fellow RVers,

just bought a 2002 Monaco Signature double slide. I have a jamming front (hydraulic) slide. I have to operate the pump many times to get the slide to retract. It moves out ok and smoothly... upon inspection of the rollers I have noticed that the front roller (above the drivers side wheel) has been exposed to road grime/dirt and water and has rusted around the adjustment mechanism. it does not protrude through the floor at all anymore. I will need to replace and repair this roller. Can anyone provide some instructions on what to do to get access to this area especially from above (under the lounge). It looks like it will be a tough job??
Cheers
Rod

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2011, 10:04 PM   #2

IMHO I would get an expert to do that work. Those are great coaches. Very similar to mine. If you are close to OR I can suggest someone to help you.

B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:25 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
is there access from underneath?
Old 01-29-2011, 03:17 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
No, you will have to have the room pulled out to do repairs. You might try driving the room up 1.5 - 2" on a wedge and tilting the room to get enough access to clean up the roller and lubricate it. It is probably however, not what is preventing the room from coming in. Make certain the hydraulic fluid reservoir is full when all rooms and leveling jacks (if you have them) are up. Who is slide out manufacturer? I would recommend giving them a call if you can. Not all will deal on the consumer level but most will.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:40 PM   #5

I was hoping to not have to pull the room out. I am located in Boise ID at the moment and could take a trip to Monaco in Oregon but at what cost$$$$. I am also not so certain that it is the roller issue that is causing the slide to not retract smoothly. Here are the symptons: when I hit the retract button the pump loads up and the slide starts to tilt inward at the top but only move in about 2" in total...I release the pump button and the slide pops in aggressively about another inch or two. I then repeat this process several times until towards the last 6" when it moves in smoothly. It slides out perfectly every time. Could this be a pump relief valve issue or a pump bypass issue??? I know the roller problem will not help however it seems like it could be a pump issue as well.
Your feedback is most appreciated.

Rod
Old 01-30-2011, 06:03 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
It sounds like you have a flat floor slide out and the room has to climb the ramp and creates much more load for the pump. Not being there to see what is causing the mechanism or room to bind I can only suggest that you try to inspect all moving parts, pivot points, including polishing the slide out end walls, that all seals are properly attached and in good condition, treat the seals with a slide out seal conditioner, make certain there is no obstacles under or above the floor and roof and take a measurement on the outside flange to main wall at the same height of the front and rear to verify the room is in time; the measurements should be very close, if not exactly the same.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:37 PM   #7

Thank you again for the assistance. We will be full timing in this MH for about 12 months and I have a lot of small issues (hope they are small) that I want to rectify before we depart in March for the East Coast. I am a automotive technician (long time ago) so I want to try to do a lot of the repairs myself. Will also give me the opportunity to get to know the rig.
I still think it may be a pump/combination roller issue...just the way it jumps in when you release the pump switch. All the seals are good and the slide is adjusted as well as possible considering the one faulty roller. Is there a way of checking the relief valves in the pump??
Old 01-31-2011, 06:29 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
You will have to put a pressure gauge in series with return line and look for pressure. What system do you have?
Old 02-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #9

I will take a look but I am not sure how I will know??? Is there a label of some sort on the pump?? Or will I need to call Monaco to find out?
Old 02-03-2011, 03:04 AM   #10
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
There should be some labels or you can take a picture and post it. We can usually tell by a good pic.