Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2016, 02:17 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Zep floor Polish Wet look. It's about $25.00 for a gallon at Home Depot or Lowe's .
I have a 40 foot class A and used less than 1/2 gallon. Has been over a year ago that I put it on and it still shines like glass. Good on paint, plastic and rubber as well. Wear gloves when applying or it will dry on your hands and you will catch hell getting it off. Apply with a damp lint free cloth.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Thank you on the Zep

charlie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:37 AM   #17

I'm another Poly Glow fan works well and lasts.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:28 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We used Mop and Glow for 3 years. Found it yellows and doesnt quite last a year. Switched to the commercial Zep wax and it seems much better. Found this year that it is much easier and quicker to apply with a long handled wide soft fabric pad from Home Depot. Applied three coats this year in about four hours on a 40 ft coach including the 30-45 drying time between coats. Doesn't seem to yellow like the mop and glow and three coats leave a tremendous high gloss finish on the roof!
bobmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 04:46 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
We used Mop and Glow for 3 years. Found it yellows and doesnt quite last a year. Switched to the commercial Zep wax and it seems much better. Found this year that it is much easier and quicker to apply with a long handled wide soft fabric pad from Home Depot. Applied three coats this year in about four hours on a 40 ft coach including the 30-45 drying time between coats. Doesn't seem to yellow like the mop and glow and three coats leave a tremendous high gloss finish on the roof!
Interesting. I had very different results.
I used Mop and Glow for years, then switch to commercial Zep wax with in the year it is a ugly yellow. I need to strip it and I will go back to Mop and Glow, maybe I did something wrong.
C&SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:59 PM   #20

Send a message via AIM to ed rzepka
[QUOTE=C&SL;3255697]Interesting. I had very different results.
I used Mop and Glow for years, then switch to commercial Zep wax with in the year it is a ugly yellow. I need to strip it and I will go back to Mop and Glow, maybe I did something wrong.[/QUOT

X2
Old 09-15-2016, 08:02 PM   #21

Well I thought I was thee only one who regretted using that Zepp stuff. I found it clouded up on my painted surfaces and is almost impossible to get off. Applying it is not as easy as described elsewhere. I sprayed with a hand sprayer and then rubbed it in with a microfiber cloth only to find it settled in rough spots on parts underneath the area sprayed. I am using a heavy polish to rub off the clouds. I don't know how applying three coats of Zepp twice a year is any easier than waxing your unit once a year. But thats just me. I could be wrong. If I ever get another new Motorhome I will not be applying anything to it that was not designed for that purpose.
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 03:27 AM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Very satisfied with Zep wax on fiberglass roof, after two years its still there. However I would not use Zep on painted surface. I only use Rejex on sides of coach.
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 03:36 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryl View Post
I used Poly Glow on my Motor Home and am thrilled with the results. Poly glow is specifically made for campers and boats and also contains UV inhibitors. Indoor floor wax does not.

Did he say..."four to six coats"...are you kidding..!
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:18 AM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie2 View Post
Think I will look into the 303 thanks for the input all.
303 aero space protectant is the only recommended product to treat tire sidewalls and not void their warrantee. My Seaeagle fasttrack inflatable kayak also recommends using 303 for uv protection and general longevity. As with many posters on this forum I have learned of many more uses.
2006 Georgie Boy Pursuit 31'
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:28 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
We are fulltime RV's, so our coach is out in the sun 365 days. We have a fiberglass roof also. The only place it was not to bad was under the solar panels where the sun did not hit it. It is a pain to get off!!
C&SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:32 AM   #26

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot_1 View Post
Did he say..."four to six coats"...are you kidding..!
I had a detailer wax my last coach that was fiberglass sides w/decals. He would apply 6+ coats of wax, never told me about the polyglo product. Not knowing anything about polyglo I was impressed with the finished results......UNTIL.....it started to wear off on the high wind areas of the coach. Looked like a car you see with the clear coat coming off. I should have been told this needed to be re done every year. At a cost of $400 that wouldn't have been an option. A year later when I tried to get a small area of this stuff off I couldn't, I regretted doing it and wouldn't recommend it. I now have a new to us coach and will wax the full body paint like I do my cars.
2006 Georgie Boy Pursuit 31'
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 10:24 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie2 View Post
Anyone use mop and glo on their fiberglass roof and sides? Or a similar product.
"Zep floor polish" does an excellent job. But you have to put on at least 5 to 7 coats to really see the difference. If you really get ambitious, polish each coat before applying the next coat. Lots of elbow-grease but GREAT results!!