Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-22-2016, 08:11 PM   #15
For us, Good Sam seems to have a lot of locations, and the standards are pretty much the same, park to park.

If you are traveling with kids, KOA has a more family oriented feeling.
We had passport America, but found that a lot of the parks are off the beaten path, (not necessarily a bad thing), Escapes, pretty much the same.
It All comes down to how you travel, and your family wants.
Happy Trails...

LINADR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2016, 08:27 PM   #16
KOA most definitely if you hate surprises. They operate so efficiently and professionally. Lots and lots of location in the US. Canada however is mainly on the east side. Mobile app is the best thing since retractable step invention. It's seamless.
GS feels like the old KOA grounds that got kicked out of the program for no compliance to strict KOA rules. So far it's a hit and miss. Some are amazing and some are struggling to keep up. Have to say owners/hosts are very very nice. GS mobile app is helpful but you still need to contact the site mostly by phone to get it booked. Regardless GS camp database is massive and very helpful.
Both KOA and GS are great for kids and pets.

071011sm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:47 AM   #17
Most people forget to mention some of the other discounts available through different clubs.
I.e. Prescription drugs, vehicle insurance, life insurance, roadside service.

I use Good Sam for the campground discounts, vehicle insurance and roadside service, all with good success.
Campground app is decent also.

It's a tough decision, good luck.
Fyrflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:53 AM   #18
We use GS the most because it is accepted more places, then we use PA because the discount is really good when you can find a campground that accepts it. We have 2 we use regularly when visiting with our kids. KOA when traveling with the grandkids, otherwise we avoid them. FMCA is new for us and we haven't had time to determine where it falls in our list.

What we have found is that we can have multiple cards and they all pay for themselves rather quickly. Gives us choices when we travel.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:41 AM   #19
Seems most everybody has GS for 10% discounts that I think the RV parks just bump the price up to offset the price. I do have Good Sam, a passport America and escapee.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
2012 Jeep Unlimited / 2014 r-Pod
321 SMW/321 OMMS GF AFB, ND '78 to '87
Mzbrandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:27 PM   #20
I have Good Sam, Escapees, and a KOA card. I use the GS the most, and I got a Lifetime GS membership several years ago when they were having a membership drive and it was either $99 or $149 (I don't remember and they gave me credit for the unused portion of my then current membership) I have made my membership cost back many times over. Most of the places I stay have a GS discount. I haven't seen the value of the PA membership for where I travel, but clearly that varies by where you travel. I would also add that some parks have a AAA discount too. I personally don't stay at KOAs very often. You do always know what to expect from one, and sometimes they are the only or best place to stay in an area. However I think they tend to be a bit overpriced.
I got a free one year (up to 30 nights) membership to Thousand trails They are not inexpensive if you buy one yourself. I have looked at our schedule and what they have available in our are and my guess is that I won't ever use it in the one year free trial.

2005 Airstream 396 XL Land Yacht with Cat 330 C7
2016 Grand Design Solitude 369RL-R 5th Wheel
Wobster is offline   Reply With Quote