Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2011, 10:09 AM   #1

Motor Coach Storage in Florida

Hi, I would like to know if anyone has a recommendation for a storage facility for my 2011 Newmar Mountain Aire. I would like to take in down from Canada in November and pick up in early February. Any advice would be appreciated.

Darrell
Darrell-Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Florida is 800+ miles from the panhandle to southern end...... You'll probably need to be much more specific before anyone can offer advice.
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:34 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Darrell-Ruth -

As the previous poster said, Florida is a mighty long state both east-west & north-south.

If I understand you, you want to drop it off in November in Florida & store it until early February? Is that correct? Are you looking for outside storage, under cover, inside a building, plugged in, dry?

More information please.

Mark

Doc Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:23 PM   #4

Motor Coach Storage in Florida

Hi Mark, hope your trip to Maine this summer has been fun. We don't have a particular area but I guess to save miles somewhere in the north would be fine. I did notice a web site for Aliance at Wildwood which would likely work for us. We will eventually move to southern Florida on our arrival in February and our adult children and grand kids will join us later in Feb and March and we will hit some of usual hot spots. I'm really just looking for some advice. I note on the forum folks suggest using 30 AMP to run at least one AC unit to reduce problems with mold. A covered site would be a bonus but for 3 months I don't think it is necessay. Enclosed is not necessary in my opinion as we will remain in Florida until Easter anyways so lots of sun exposure. I hope this helps.

Darrell
Darrell-Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:41 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Darrell - check your private messages, please.

Mark

Doc Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #6

Oakwood in Summerfield,fl 34491 is good also
wayne-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Last year we stored ours near the Sanford airport around Orlando http://www.park-all.com/.

We fly in/out of Sanford so it's really convenient (the storage site is basically at the end of the runway). If you want to fly in/out of Orlando it's probably a good 45 minute taxi. There are some covered spots (although certainly too short for your whole mh but you could cover some of it), otherwise you are parking in an open field. If you are just looking for a safe, cheap place, it does the job. Access in and out is easy and there's tons of room.

Owner, Mac, is a great guy (if you talk to him, you can tell him Mike from Ontario, Canada recommended him)
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell-Ruth
Hi, I would like to know if anyone has a recommendation for a storage facility for my 2011 Newmar Mountain Aire. I would like to take in down from Canada in November and pick up in early February. Any advice would be appreciated.

Darrell
I use Adult Toy Storage off of 434 in Altamonte. They have a Dump station and Wash station .I have a 30 ft Hurricane and it cost me 69 per month. They also have covered storage at a higher rate.
eas_retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell-Ruth View Post
Hi Mark, hope your trip to Maine this summer has been fun. We don't have a particular area but I guess to save miles somewhere in the north would be fine. I did notice a web site for Aliance at Wildwood which would likely work for us. We will eventually move to southern Florida on our arrival in February and our adult children and grand kids will join us later in Feb and March and we will hit some of usual hot spots. I'm really just looking for some advice. I note on the forum folks suggest using 30 AMP to run at least one AC unit to reduce problems with mold. A covered site would be a bonus but for 3 months I don't think it is necessay. Enclosed is not necessary in my opinion as we will remain in Florida until Easter anyways so lots of sun exposure. I hope this helps.

Darrell
Darrell just north of Wildwood, there is a new storage place in Oxford right on 301 that has Pavillion style storage for RV's, I'll try to find the name for you. Not sure if they offer Power, but if you are comfortable setting the Gen to run once in a while... I'll see if I can find their name, but if you google this address 301 and NE 110 RD, Oxford, FL that is where they are located.
fordcougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:37 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Not sure how common it is to find storage with 30A service. I know that Wekiva Falls (or something like that) not far from Sanford does offer on site storage so that's probably an option and I'm sure there are other parks that do this as well however it's not as that cheap and it's really more for people that plan on camping there but don't want the hassle of having to take their rv in / out of storage.

That said, I'm not sure if you really need it the 30A and AC particularly over the winter. We've been storing our mh in Central Florida for about 5 years and have never had a problem with mold. We have MaxAir vent covers so I just leave the vents open and we have a 5W solar panel that is enough to keep the batteries fresh and turn off the power. I do winterize even though a lot of people seem to think it's not really necessary in Central Florida. If you were storing it over the summer you might need it (although even then, I think open vents and a powered fan might be enough (although in this case you either need 110V or enough solar to recharge the fan usage and any other drains.
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:10 AM   #11

D, I got the info for the covered storage in FL(Oxford, is 4 miles from Wildwood)

Oxford Self Storage, 352-330-2330
Hope that helps. Enjoy.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:18 AM   #12

D, sorry I didn't realize there are two storage places next to each other..

Coverall Storage is the place with the full coverage.
I can't believe how fast it filled up, but they still appear to have room.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #13

I have stored my MH in Hilton Head for a number of years for 5 months at a time. I have never plugged it in, and have never had a problem with mold. Temperatures and humidity are a lot lower in winter than in the summer.

Tags
florida, storage