Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #1

Motor for Dewald Hydraulic Unit

The motor (#DN12057) for the Dewald hydraulic unit on my 2002 Gulfstream recently died. This unit provides the power for two of the slides and the leveling jacks. The parts for these units are available thru Power Gear distributors and I was told that the part would have to be special ordered at prices ranging from $420 to $505 if it could be found. Researching the part I found that it is a motor made by Parker Oildyne and is used in a number of applications. I found a listing on ebay for new motors bearing the same Oildyne number and listed at $80. I took a chance and ordered one. I am happy to report that the motor is a brand new, exact replacement for the Dewald/Power Gear hydraulic unit and works perfectly. For those interested I will provide the link to the ebay listing below. These are listed in the "business/industrial" area rather than rv parts. Sometimes you find great deals in other places.

Oildyne 12VDC Motor for 108 Series | eBay

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Your post is what makes this such a great site. It is a crime what some manuf. charge for a part, just because they think you have to buy from them. Thank you for your post.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:25 PM   #3

Thanks. Just trying to pay back the help I have received from others. I might add that this hydraulic system (as well as many others) use a "cube" relay which Power Gear lists as as BA30000. The first time I replaced one of these it cost me $25 from a rv store. Found the same exact relay again in the"Business/industrial " area on ebay for $2.35. I bought two and replaced both on my system. They are the exact replacements and work perfectly. The ebay listing for the relays is provided below.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Old 07-09-2016, 08:53 PM   #4

Smile

Just wanted to provide an update to this post. I found it helpful, as I recently had this same issue and needed to replace the motor for my hydraulic pop-out on my trailer. The links provided originally got me in the right direction, but Ultimately I was unable to purchase the item from those vendors. If you are still looking for this part, check out Amazon.com, and I purchased it here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I hope this is helpful to someone else as it was to me.

The Part # to search on the web for is: ARRTRM0008 or try searching for "Trim Motor For Mercury and Mariner 3 WirePIC 107-122M3 WireReplaces Mercury 17649A1 and 87828 MFG# ARRTRM0008"

Thanks and Good Luck!
Old 07-10-2016, 09:25 AM   #5

Just like the ice maker on my Norcold that died. If I order a "Norcold Ice Maker" it would co$t me about 160.00. If I go down to Lowes I can get an exact replacement for abour $99.00.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:11 PM   #6

Hello BattChief7 ,

I have a 1996 Gulfstream Tourmaster and I was hoping you might have some insight.

My Tourmaster has HWH leveling. The left rear jack is leaking and I have a technician ordering parts to fix it.

However, meanwhile, I am trying to use the RV and the leveling system alarm goes off when I lower the jacks. The technician says the alarm may be going off because the reservoir may be low. So I’m trying to find the reservoir to fill it temporarily so I can use it until I get the leaking jack fixed but and I cannot find it. Do you have any idea where the reservoir is and how I can access it?

Thank you,

Rick Kopp
Old 07-10-2016, 01:59 PM   #7

Rick
Can you hear the electric pump? The tank should be close to the pump. My 93 Pace Arrow Diesel had the pump/tank in the drivers side compartment at the rear.

mchero is offline   Reply With Quote