RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2018, 04:05 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Motor Home Wrap

Anyone ever have their MH wrapped??

sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2018, 04:09 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Been thinking of having the trailer done. Price quoted was 5,000 for a 20'. Still thinking about it.

Old 05-10-2018, 05:01 PM   #3
Decrepit Forum Advocate

Are you referring to the advertising wraps where you get paid to do it? Or just a wrap for personal aesthetic purposes?

It's common to see public transit buses in a full advertising wrap so I suppose you could be mistaken for a transit bus, lol.

There is the question about whether you'd then become a "commercial vehicle" as they were discussing in this thread:

RV wrap advertising ???

Here is an example of a wrapped motorhome advertising combat archery, go HERE
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:41 PM   #4

I keep meaning to call and ask one of these 'wrap' companies, if this material could be applied over the 3M Film Mast. It might be cheeper to have wrap applied over the front of the coaches now deteriorated 3M Film - the the cost to remove and repaint?

Best to all,
Smitty

(And note: Our 3M Film was ruined when we bought the coach. It looked to me like the previous owner had some come do a buffing of his coach. And the person doing the work did not know what 3M Film was, and hit it with the polishing wheel, and perhaps compound. The materials outside harder shell, was all removed, and you could still see the swirl buffing marks in the material. I spent about 4-5 hours using different compounds in a straight up and down method. This really helped on the appearances, as the light was not catching all of the swirls. I then found that old fashion Johnson Floor wax paste, used to buff old wood floors, would apply a build ups in side of vertical grain scratches. Two applications of that, and then a top coat non cleaner car wax - and it looked much better. The wax does not hold up too long, but better then it was!
Old 05-11-2018, 10:23 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
While discussing wraps with the company was told that they cannot do metallic on the wrap. Some of the paint on the coach is metallic and some not. In our case there would be difficulty in continuing the pattern of metallic colors from the coach to the trailer as the non metallic wrap would be very noticeable when compared to the metallic colors on the coach.

They suggested to start the trailer using the coaches non metallic colors and then placing the metallic colors near the rear of the trailer.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
While discussing wraps with the company was told that they cannot do metallic on the wrap. Some of the paint on the coach is metallic and some not. In our case there would be difficulty in continuing the pattern of metallic colors from the coach to the trailer as the non metallic wrap would be very noticeable when compared to the metallic colors on the coach.

They suggested to start the trailer using the coaches non metallic colors and then placing the metallic colors near the rear of the trailer.
I just had my dragster wrapped last year. You CAN purchase PRE colored Vinyl that has metallic/pearl look. I have it on my car. Very nice. it is NOT cheap. It might still be difficult to really match but with the space between i would think you could come up with something.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:34 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wrap

How durable is the wrap? What type of life does it have?
rfsod48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:24 PM   #8

I just read a thread this week about someone doing their class a in a wrap.....think it cost about 10K to do. Wish I could remember which forum it was in. Either IRV2, Forest River Forums or RvNet. It was one of those 3.

Jaye
Mnflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:42 PM   #9

Mine actually was wrapped. The original owner was an author who traveled the country during the election selling his book. The RV was essentially his billboard wherever he traveled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	202287Click image for larger version

Name:	Sean_Burke_and_Nelson_photo_scaled.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	202288

When he was done, he brought it back to the dealer he bought it from and they peeled the wrap off. The paint was like new underneath.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170729_091446.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	359.8 KB
ID:	202289Click image for larger version

Name:	20170520_170102.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	395.2 KB
ID:	202290

Noble6047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:50 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

A friend had his Winnebago Brave done about 3 years ago and it still looks terrific. He got an attractive price (about $7k) at a place in Toronto, Canada, while visiting there. US quotes were closer to $10k for a 4-color custom design. His coach was in poor condition and needed some prep work too, and that was included in the Canadian price.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
A friend had his Winnebago Brave done about 3 years ago...
That'd be this guy, right?

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote