Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2014, 07:13 AM   #29

Interesting idea but won't work with thule racks on truck for kayaks, we were so used to having that 12' garage in the back of toy hauler. Also have weber 2 burner grill that needs a home. The trailer was the best idea until we found out how limited we would be.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2014, 07:42 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I would be tempted to use something like this.
Attached Images

93 Monaco Dynasty 300HP (for now)
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:53 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv2build View Post
Interesting idea but won't work with thule racks on truck for kayaks, we were so used to having that 12' garage in the back of toy hauler. Also have weber 2 burner grill that needs a home. The trailer was the best idea until we found out how limited we would be.
It worked on my F-150 for about 6 months before I bought my Hydra-lift...because I needed a place in the truck for the golf cart. In both cases I carried two kayaks on top of the supercab using "J" carriers on the racks.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:15 AM   #32

I think the Hydralift is the way to go, the racks on the f-150 will give me bed space also. The open trailer/dolly is a nice idea but for that matter I would just get the enclosed trailer, still a trailer storage problem with either one. Does anyone know of a secure cover for bike on lift? Heard a lot of people say the cover will cause rubbing on paint and I don't want that.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:25 AM   #33
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I cover mine with the standard HD cover which won't scratch the paint then I cover all that with a heavy duty tarp to keep it from blowing away and also to keep the bike clean while in transit. I basically wrap the tarp completely around the Hydralift and bike.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:30 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I think the Hydralift is the way to go, the racks on the f-150 will give me bed space also. The open trailer/dolly is a nice idea but for that matter I would just get the enclosed trailer, still a trailer storage problem with either one. Does anyone know of a secure cover for bike on lift? Heard a lot of people say the cover will cause rubbing on paint and I don't want that.
No on secure cover...if you mean security. If you mean, doesn't blow off, use your MC cover and then run a couple sets of bungee cords around the bike.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:37 AM   #35

Thank you, I think I found all my answers. I will look for that lined cover.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:27 AM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Just DON'T buy the hydra-lift cover/garage. I have seen two posts that said the wind just tears it up on the back of the coach. JMHO
Old 11-22-2014, 06:38 AM   #37

Blue ox

I have also heard that about the Hydralift cover, not worth it. Does anyone know if the 2014 entegra anthem is pre wired for Blue Ox tow vehicle plug in ? Our coach is still at lazy days in Tampa getting punch list items done and we are (unfortunately) on Long Island but are trying to set up our 2014 f-150 toad from here since they are crazy with price there? I have read that it is but would like to make sure. All other components are very simple to install, and what about type of brake controller to use and it's installation ?
Thank you for everyone's help, again.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:57 AM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I have also heard that about the Hydralift cover, not worth it. Does anyone know if the 2014 entegra anthem is pre wired for Blue Ox tow vehicle plug in ? Our coach is still at lazy days in Tampa getting punch list items done and we are (unfortunately) on Long Island but are trying to set up our 2014 f-150 toad from here since they are crazy with price there? I have read that it is but would like to make sure. All other components are very simple to install, and what about type of brake controller to use and it's installation ?
Thank you for everyone's help, again.
I pull an F-150, first on 2013 Anthem and then on the Cornerstone now. The Anthem comes pre-wired with a 7 hole plug. We use a 7 to four cable and it works fine with the F-150. The plugs are a standard so you shouldn't have any problem with mating. They may have to make you up a 7 to 4 plug.

We used a Camping World to set our F-150 with the Roadmaster system (tow bar and braking system). We bought the Invisibrake rather than the standard "set in the floor" model. This is an electric system that has a brake adjustment box located under the rear superb seat and a spring loaded wire that comes out of the fire board in front of the brake pedal, connecting to the brake pedal. When you brake, electrically, the brake is pulled from behind. We really like it as there is nothing to move when you disconnect from the coach. One caution, make darn sure whichever braking system you use, that they install it with the brake pedal in the proper position (according to the instructions), as the F-150 has an adjustable brake pedal...don't how or why I know!
Old 11-22-2014, 07:12 AM   #39

So the brake system is something that should be professionally installed ? What happens if you move brake pedals after installation ?
Old 11-22-2014, 07:16 AM   #40

Can you remove the spring loaded wire when not in use, our son will be using truck when we are back home and he is a lot taller then us.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:25 AM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Different brake systems, different approach, but they all attach to the pedal somehow. The reason the caution is that the F-150 has an adjustable pedal. Now for me, the instructions with the invisibrake called for the system to be installed with the pedal fully extended out. I, of course, didn't read the installation instructions, and had never adjusted the pedal, so when the idiots at Camping World installed, they didn't move the pedal all the way out. Move forward a month; the wife hops in the pickup to go to the store. She's 6" inches shorter, so she moves the seat out, and moves the brake pedal out to accommodate her size. Heck, I didn't even know that there was an electric pedal adjustment, so I never said anything to her. She returns to the house after driving about a mile ... WITH THE FRONT BRAKES ABLAZE....fortunately, there were snow banks on the side of the street and I threw snow on the wheels and brakes. Needless to say, new brake job early.

The point is, the Roadmaster system is great, but the CW bozos have to install it correctly. So whoever you have install and whatever system you choose, remind them that the brake pedal is adjustable and to install properly based upon the instructions for that, and then read the instructions and understand the implications.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:35 AM   #42

Wow, never thought about that. So pedal all the way up(towards seat) is installation setting and if you have to push pedal down towards fire wall it will be ok but when in tow bring pedal up again towards seat ?