Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-04-2011, 11:03 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Dixieray53's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Belmont NC
Posts: 1,320
Blog Entries: 1
Motorhome Insurance

We just got our bill from State Farm for coverage on the GS. I was surprised how high it was, almost $2000 a year . Are there any good deals that come along with good service? D..
__________________

__________________
Dickson and Tracy
2016 Thor Windsport 31S
2015 Fusion Titanium Hybrid
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Tom-NC's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Murphy, NC, USA
Posts: 1,061
Hi,

Wow that is awful high for RV insurance. I have had Progressive Insurance which was good, however they jacked up my rates for nothing that I caused and I dropped them like a hot potatoe.

I am now with Allied Insurance which is Nationwide and my premium is less than $1000.00 including cash payout if I total it.

Something else that Insurances like is that you give them car insurance as well as homeowners and sometimes that brings the rate down.

Check with Farm City Insurance in Forest City, Iowa 641-585-2925 I don't work for them but they treated me very well.

Good Luck!
__________________

__________________
2014 Winnebago Adventurer 35P,Ford F-53, V-10
2011 Ford Escape,2000 Roadmaster Tow Dolly
"Have a Great Day, Enjoy RVing."
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
akadeadeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boerne, Texas
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-NC View Post
Hi,

Wow that is awful high for RV insurance. I have had Progressive Insurance which was good, however they jacked up my rates for nothing that I caused and I dropped them like a hot potatoe.

I am now with Allied Insurance which is Nationwide and my premium is less than $1000.00 including cash payout if I total it.

Something else that Insurances like is that you give them car insurance as well as homeowners and sometimes that brings the rate down.

Check with Farm City Insurance in Forest City, Iowa 641-585-2925 I don't work for them but they treated me very well.

Good Luck!
Ditto for us. Farm and City has been great to deal with. We had one claim with Allied and there was no problem with coverage.

Don
__________________
2009 Newmar 42 ft. Allstar 4188, Wheelchair Accessible, 400HP Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, Mastertow Dolly, '98 Riviera
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:25 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
The General's Avatar
 
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rancho Cordova, California
Posts: 1,030
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixieray53 View Post
We just got our bill from State Farm for coverage on the GS. I was surprised how high it was, almost $2000 a year . Are there any good deals that come along with good service? D..
Hi Dixieray,

Check out Progressive Insurance.
I have full coverage and pay $561/year on a 2008 Fleetwood Bounder 35E with Total Replacement cost of $80,000.
I also have boat Insurance with them.


Steve Bernard
__________________
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,060
Right now my son is going thru a hastle with Progressive. He was rearended with someone also insured by Progressive. the adjuster told him his 2003 chevy astro with arough tradein value of $2900 was only worth $900 and he would have to sue to get more.
__________________
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
gripper's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lutz, FL
Posts: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Hi Dixieray,

Check out Progressive Insurance.
I have full coverage and pay $561/year on a 2008 Fleetwood Bounder 35E with Total Replacement cost of $80,000.
Steve Bernard
Wow! Rates sure do vary. I had Progressive last year, but changed, when they doubled my insurance from $1,000/year to $2,000/year. I did have one $3,000 claim, plus a cracked windshield replaced. I went with Good Sam, for $1,500/year.
__________________
Roland & Jerri, with Maggie & Mollie, our Pups; '05 Fleetwood Providence, 39' DP; '08 Saturn. "The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has it's limits" (Einstein)
gripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:16 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Tha_Rooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 4,517
Insurance is based on the area you live in and how much your coach is insured for so it's really hard to compare so shop around and compare it seems a little high to me.
__________________
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:23 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
powerboatr's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North East Texas
Posts: 3,666
look at farm bureau
1/3 rd of what we paid with allstate
we had a/s since 1988, one claim
in 2009 we dropped them to go with f/b
they now have our house rv and truck
__________________
USN Retired, Life time member of the DAV.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2016 Expedition Toad on Hauler flat bed
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:33 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
GaryKD's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wellington, Florida
Posts: 12,324
Hi Dixieray53,
This is another vote for Farm & City. I've been with them for 6 years. They are a broker and if you don't like the renewal price, they will find another company that is less $s.
__________________
Gary
2005 Newmar KSDP 3910 + GMC ENVOY XUV 37K lbs Moving Down The Road
The Avatar Is Many Times Around The USA
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Barlow46's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: East Coast Fl
Posts: 1,136
When you quote a price please include your deductibles, multiple car policies, home and multicar policies, zip code, safe driver discounts and whether your premium is annual or semi-annual.
I have state farm, 500 deductibles, no home with them, multicar (honda crv and f450), safe driver, accident free in zip 32141. Premium is just over $1400 a year for 100/300000 coverage.
__________________
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:00 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
The General's Avatar
 
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rancho Cordova, California
Posts: 1,030
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlow46 View Post
When you quote a price please include your deductibles, multiple car policies, home and multicar policies, zip code, safe driver discounts and whether your premium is annual or semi-annual.
I have state farm, 500 deductibles, no home with them, multicar (honda crv and f450), safe driver, accident free in zip 32141. Premium is just over $1400 a year for 100/300000 coverage.

This helps but you must find out what's the best coverage with all the many variables, for you and use barlow's info also.
Call all the suggested Ins companies in your area or find pricing on line.


Steve
__________________
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 689
I have been with Farm and City for a number of years. They have always looked for the cheapest rates (matching my requirements) and have moved me between different insurance companies different times. Have been with nationwide for coupleyears now
__________________
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:34 AM   #13
Member
 
whited44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 42
Hey everybody. I'm an Ohio insurance agent. Licensed in pa also. If anyone has any insurance questions or thinks they are paying too much let me know i'd be happy to help you out. From one rv'er to another. Alot of these people selling these products have no idea what they are doing. They don't know the difference between a travel trailer to a class a. Buy from someone who is a camper. PM me if anyone has any specific questions.
__________________
whited44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:37 AM   #14
Member
 
whited44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by whited44 View Post
Hey everybody. I'm an Ohio insurance agent. Licensed in pa also. If anyone has any insurance questions or thinks they are paying too much let me know i'd be happy to help you out. From one rv'er to another. Alot of these people selling these products have no idea what they are doing. They don't know the difference between a travel trailer to a class a. Buy from someone who is a camper. PM me if anyone has any specific questions.
and by the way i pay right around 800 for the year for the tourmaster with one 10,000 roof claim last year, and a windshield claim. The policy is for a year figuring in down town like in the winter. So no taking off and adding coverage. They adjust the rate for the area you live. That way if its beautiful in february and I want to go somewhere I can. I don't have to worry about adding coverage on again.
__________________

__________________
whited44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Insurance price increase danes-on-tour iRV2.com General Discussion 68 08-19-2010 11:02 AM
Fifth wheel vs Motorhome pitcrew18 5th Wheel Discussion 29 06-28-2009 04:53 PM
Motorhome wreck jeeprubi RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories 6 06-12-2009 02:03 AM
Motorhome insurance Peabody iRV2.com General Discussion 10 11-22-2008 02:33 PM
Military Insurance premiums reduced John Harrelson Military / Veteran RVing 1 04-07-2008 08:25 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.