Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2015, 12:32 PM   #29

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Talking RV Insurance

Try Good Sam. National General is the insurance company that issues the coverage. National also has a suspend function for your insurance when your RV is stored (not in use).

sikorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2015, 12:43 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Hartford thru AARP. We had Progressive, they kept raising rates, and got stinky, wanting direct deposit, could have just been our broker though. Then National General (Good Sam), beware they have a charge for dropping or changing your insurance mid-year. Not with Hartford thru AARP (don't actually have to OLD) Better rates, great service, just had two front wind shields replaced in our Class A, no muss, no fuss, one call and they sent someone to our house, real professionals. Highly recommend. Better rates too!

Exact same story for us....from Progressive to AARP Hartford. Premium for same coverage 45% lower.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:38 PM   #31

We've started with Allstate for our auto insurance back in 1972. We've always had good service, maybe because we've had so few claims? We put our home-owner's insurance with them when we bought our first house in 1979 and had them for our old Class C and our recently sold Class A.

The thing I liked about their MH coverage was that, since we parked it off the street on our driveway, they shut off the on-street liability on request at the end of the season and back on again when we needed it, even for a couple of days when I was taking it for service.

We still could use it for auxiliary living quarters when relatives came to stay, and our local agent would even activate it for just one day when I needed to go to our local city park's dump station.

I have no connection with Allstate except as a customer.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:57 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcratchett View Post
I am shopping around for Motor Home Insurance. I see above that people have had State Farm, American Modern, etc., but have been advised, at least by my State Farm agent that they don't insure RV / Motor Homes anymore. I looked at the site for American Modern and find no reference to RV / Motor Homes. I currently have insurance through one of the Good Sam insurers and just wanted to check rates, as I have had no claims and therefore no real reason to switch. All information is appreciated....
Our coach is currently insured with State Farm.

tikitom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:03 PM   #33

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
I am shopping around for Motor Home Insurance. I see above that people have had State Farm, American Modern, etc., but have been advised, at least by my State Farm agent that they don't insure RV / Motor Homes anymore. I looked at the site for American Modern and find no reference to RV / Motor Homes. I currently have insurance through one of the Good Sam insurers and just wanted to check rates, as I have had no claims and therefore no real reason to switch. All information is appreciated....
I just insured mine with State farm last month.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:12 PM   #34

Update:
State Farm does not sell RV insurance in Florida and AARP wants you to move all vehicles to Hartford Insurance before they will sell you RV insurance.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:29 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Update:
State Farm does not sell RV insurance in Florida and AARP wants you to move all vehicles to Hartford Insurance before they will sell you RV insurance.
That wasn't my experience. They offered me coverage for my MH only. I asked for a quote for all my vehicles, home, umbrella, etc. The total package came to $1200 less than I was paying.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:20 PM   #36

When I called AARP for a quote last night, I was told by a licensed agent that the ONLY way they would quote a rate for me was if I wanted coverage for both a motor home AND my automobile. Maybe its another one of those Florida gotchas.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:47 PM   #37

We have The Hartford through AARP. The best price we found.

Tags
insurance, motorhome