Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2015, 01:23 PM   #1

Motorhome needs collision repair!!!

Have need for collisions repair - swiped side of motorhome on broken gate. I live in Nashville and closest found is camping world in nashvile and one in bowling green. Anybody used them for body work??

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2015, 01:49 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Contact your insurance company and go where they recommend.
I would never let CW touch my coach unless insurance company backed up their service with warrantee.

http://www.rvservicereviews.com/StateList.asp?state=TN

Old 04-14-2015, 01:53 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here's a link to rvservicereviews in Tenn. possibly one of these establishments can offer a referral.
http://www.rvservicereviews.com/StateList.asp?state=TN

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 04:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
Contact your insurance company and go where they recommend.
I would never let CW touch my coach unless insurance company backed up their service with warrantee.

RV Service Reviews
Well,
IN the old days, many would also recommend the repair center that YOUR insurance company recommended. But, I don't know about the rest of the country but, in our previous area, the San Diego area, the old rule of "must get three estimates" to satisfy your insurance requirements is dead. You no longer have to do that. In fact, some insurance companies, like ours, simply said, take it to where you like and, we'll handle the payment. I'd tell the insurance company to pound sand if they would not agree with where we would pick to get ours repaired.

Short story: Someone moved our home while I was backing our coach into it's parking place and, some considerable damage was done. So, I called around. I came up with a highly recommended place, from many sources, to get an estimate. I went there. I liked what I was told and, the way the service writer for the repair center handled me and the potential repair.

I TOLD our insurance company, "this is the place that's GOING to repair ours"! Their answer, "No problem".

So, while you can ask your insurance company where they would recommend to get it repaired but, I'm not sure I'd go with their recommendations if I found other places and seen repairs that were top notch.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:34 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
"Someone moved our home while I was backing our coach into it's parking place and, some considerable damage was done"

Scott - did you ever find the SOB that moved your home? Should have made him pay for it!

I had a similar issue with a narrow lane on a bridge (then in a gas MH with long overhang) - but only a minor scrape and tail light.
Also when backing beside our house, DW (she's supposed to be the ground guide) and I sometimes have wordsbut I have avoided all the obstacles she put in the way so far

Chris

P.S She doesn't read these forums so I'm safe.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvbdsl View Post
"Someone moved our home while I was backing our coach into it's parking place and, some considerable damage was done"

Scott - did you ever find the SOB that moved your home? Should have made him pay for it!

I had a similar issue with a narrow lane on a bridge (then in a gas MH with long overhang) - but only a minor scrape and tail light.
Also when backing beside our house, DW (she's supposed to be the ground guide) and I sometimes have wordsbut I have avoided all the obstacles she put in the way so far

Chris

P.S She doesn't read these forums so I'm safe.
Chris,
Yep, I found that "imbecile" all right, he was sitting in the DRIVERS SEAT!
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:58 PM   #7

I just came from Fountain RV in Lakeland, Florida, with some minor body repair done to the side of my coach and repainting of the front and rear caps to fix peeling clear coat. I couldn't be happier. While I was there a coach that had a blow out on the front passenger side had lost most of the panel around the wheel well and it had to be refabricated. When that coach rolled out of the paint shop I couldn't believe that it had been damaged. The panel looked new and the paint and graphics matched perfectly.

I know Lakeland is a haul for you but consider a vacation. I stayed in my coach for the two weeks I was there. For me, I want to know the shop is going to do a good job.

Hope others chime in with other locations for you. It would be nice to have a list of shops that do good body work.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40', CAT C10, #5892
2006 Jeep Liberty
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:57 AM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Pete

Glad your rig was repaired well.

How many coats of Clear Coat did they apply on your repairs?

I am doing some repainting and looking for a guide.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 02:44 PM   #9

I have used camping world in Belleville MI for some pretty extensive repairs after a deer hit. They did a good job. I did not know at the time that they did not have a paint booth. They used a portable. So you might ask if they have the proper equipment. I had RV repair work done at Superior Cadillac a few years ago and they were excellent. The reason I mention that is it is not obvious who does rv collision repair. And they had a full paint booth.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:23 PM   #10

Dean,
Not sure the number of layers of clear coat. I do know that there were several layers of paint applied after a sealer and then the clear coat. The original clear coat applied to my coach does/did not have paint applied first. One of the reason the clear coat peeled off on the front and rear caps.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40', CAT C10, #5892
2006 Jeep Liberty
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:25 PM   #11

Companies that do collision are pretty specialized. You insurance company can tell you or perhaps of there is an RV place YOU TRUST, they can tell you.

We are lucky to have a good one in Amarillo. Fellow used to do Hot Rods, but has been doing RVs for a number of years.

Tags
repair, motorhome