RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2018, 01:42 PM   #1

Motorhome Painting in Oregon

We would like to have the perimeter of our roof, which has taken a beating from the desert SW sun, repainted this fall on our way back down to Arizona in late September. I am aware there are a number of RV speciality business along the I-5 corridor in Oregon with body shops, and as a bonus Oregon has no sales tax.

I would appreciate any referrals you folks might offer on a quality shop with reasonable prices.

StuartT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2018, 04:01 PM   #2
Decrepit Forum Advocate

Around the greater Portland area, we've used Joe's RV Collision Center in Hillsboro. They have an excellent reputation and specialize in RV body paint and repair.

Joe's RV Collision Repair

Yes, there are other good RV body shops going south on I-5 too especially in the Eugene area but I can't personally recommend any as I've never used them.

theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:09 PM   #3

I've had paint and repairs done here: HOME - Website
This is at the north end of Grants Pass off I-5.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:25 PM   #4

I know folks that have had work done at Guaranty RV in junction city. They seemed pretty happy.
bowhunter72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:48 PM   #5

camping world in troutdale has a paint and body shop. they did a beautiful repair and paint job on a previous motorhome for me
beaverfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:10 PM   #6

Easy. Take it to the guy who oversaw the painting of your coach back in 2006, Ricky Mackin. Ricky supervised the paint and body department at Monaco RV back in the day and now owns his own shop in Eugene, Mackin Street Customs and RV. He's touched up my coach on a couple occasions as well as my cars. Knows these coaches like the back of his hand.

Tell him the guy with the blue Imperial from Tri-Cities recommended him. He'll do you right, I'm bringing him another car this fall.
snowman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:13 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Strightline in Eugene did a great job on our roof rails and a scrap I put down the side.
Family owned, great work.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:10 PM   #8

Lots of great recommendations here. Thanks everyone!

I am going to take some pictures and send them to these guys as a next step and see if I can narrow this down. Very difficult to go around willy-nilly and get estimates.
StuartT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:16 PM   #9

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman1 View Post
Easy. Take it to the guy who oversaw the painting of your coach back in 2006, Ricky Mackin. Ricky supervised the paint and body department at Monaco RV back in the day and now owns his own shop in Eugene, Mackin Street Customs and RV. He's touched up my coach on a couple occasions as well as my cars. Knows these coaches like the back of his hand.

Tell him the guy with the blue Imperial from Tri-Cities recommended him. He'll do you right, I'm bringing him another car this fall.
X2 !!

saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome, paint