Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2014, 06:53 PM   #127

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
In the Mo.County I live in it clearly says on your annual declaration form that by signing you are stating you have not moved any property out of the state to avoid taxes. Well I'm going to call and get the skinny right from the assessors office. I'm tired of paying 396.00 PPT for this past yr. alone on my 1984 motor yacht. It goes down a little each yr. but out of state people bring in their boats from other states and get by with it. I'm not going to do it for my future MH. I guess I'll get a tent and if I do I won't declare it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2014, 08:13 AM   #128
mdo

Glad I read this and glad that I left Spotsylvania County, Virginia.... Seems Georgia property taxes are high too so when I'm ready to purchase, I will title in Florida....

Old 03-27-2014, 08:47 AM   #129

No personal prop taxes in CO. Had to pay sales tax when purchased. Only pay for yearly license tags & presently $180.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:05 AM   #130

No personal prop taxes in LA. Paid sales tax when I purchased it and I think it is about $50 every 2 years for license tag.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:29 AM   #131

We are 5 percent here in Warren County. Fauquier was 1% and prince William is free. Thinking of moving to Hanover and hopefully cheaper.

24' Bornfree
John S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:22 AM   #132

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm debating on SD or TX.. The problem with SD is that the weather there on my birthday is not... All that welcoming to a class A.. And the problem with Texas is political but those are the two states I am thinking about.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:20 AM   #133

Remember in TX you are required to get a non commerical class b license for any RV weighting more than 26k lbs or depending on weight of what you are pulling
Old 03-29-2014, 08:48 AM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I'm debating on SD or TX.. The problem with SD is that the weather there on my birthday is not... All that welcoming to a class A.. And the problem with Texas is political but those are the two states I am thinking about.
Also remember that in Texas starting next year you will have to have your MH in the state and have it inspected within 90 days prior to your registration expiring before you can renew the registration. This is gonna change a lot of opinions for people who don't actually live in Texas but buy license plates here due to the lower taxes and registration costs!

Hopefully though it will also get some rather illegal vehicles and trailers either off the road or repaired!
Old 03-29-2014, 08:55 AM   #135

None in Iowa. License is $400/year.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:08 AM   #136
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebaldeagle View Post
Also remember that in Texas starting next year you will have to have your MH in the state and have it inspected within 90 days prior to your registration expiring before you can renew the registration. This is gonna change a lot of opinions for people who don't actually live in Texas but buy license plates here due to the lower taxes and registration costs!

Hopefully though it will also get some rather illegal vehicles and trailers either off the road or repaired!
Can you provide me with the quoted law on that one? When you purchase a vehicle in texas, let's say a new vehicle, the registration tag and the inspection tag are generally in the same month. The dealer puts the inspection tag on the vehicle, and the title clerk is registering it. All my vehicle registrations and inspections are the same month, and have been for years. Any info would be appreciated.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #137

Tennessee, no income tax, no personal property tax, no special drivers license, no state inspection, and license fee $55-75 a year for auto or mh makes no difference.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:59 AM   #138
1977-2006

Newmar Owners Club
I'm impressed to see that Tennessee's sales tax is 7%. I think that's what it was when I was going to school there 35 years ago. Is that even possible? Maybe I'm confusing the percentage alcohol allowable in beer. I went from a 3.2 state to TN that had 6.0. I don't remember much after that.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:14 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
I'm impressed to see that Tennessee's sales tax is 7%. I think that's what it was when I was going to school there 35 years ago. Is that even possible? Maybe I'm confusing the percentage alcohol allowable in beer. I went from a 3.2 state to TN that had 6.0. I don't remember much after that.
Yep 7% on the difference.
If you're 100% DAV they give you two auto license that are permanent and 175,000 property tax exemption. Maybe not the best state, but it has to rank in the top 5 IMHO.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:39 PM   #140

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
And the problem with Texas is political.
How so?

Tags
motorhome