Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2014, 01:20 PM   #169
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChap View Post
I always assumed that was what part of my rent payment went toward, and that property taxes were tied to property/land that the property owner paid. But I did live in one TX town many years ago where I got a property tax bill for my furniture/stuff based on the sq footage of the apartment I was renting.
I agree about the rental payment including all expenses, so I have to wonder what the deal is at Escapees. As for the personal property taxes on furniture... um, what?? I have never heard of such a thing in TX and I have lived here all my life.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2014, 02:38 PM   #170

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
As for the personal property taxes on furniture... um, what?? I have never heard of such a thing in TX and I have lived here all my life.
It was mid-70s out NW in Wilbarger County ... only time I've ever seen it. We were only there for a year.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:53 AM   #171

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChap View Post
It was mid-70s out NW in Wilbarger County ... only time I've ever seen it. We were only there for a year.
Where you born in Texas?"NO" well there you go they where trying to get you to leave.
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:51 AM   #172

One problem could be that some of the folks at Escapees bought the site their rig sits on. Escapees do sell RV sites. If that is the case then they will/can be taxed as permanent residents.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:48 PM   #173

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Where you born in Texas?"NO" well there you go they where trying to get you to leave.
Born in OK but could see TX from there, and married into TX. We did leave for a bit, but WE'RE BAAACCCKKK!
Quote:
One problem could be that some of the folks at Escapees bought the site their rig sits on. Escapees do sell RV sites. If that is the case then they will/can be taxed as permanent residents.
Yep, I would absolutely expect lot owners to be billed for property tax.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:57 AM   #174
GKW

In Oregon no sales tax, no personal property tax, no special drivers license requirements, no vehicle inspection requirements,my RV license plate tags are $350 for two years. The county's in the Portland area impose taxes on everything they can, so may be different.
GKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #175

Tiffin Owners Club
This has been a very informative thread and it has helped my wife and I narrow our search. Any forum member out there have any specific info relating to living in the Franklin County, Tenn area, specifically west of Dandridge, TN? That seems to be the area we are focusing in on.
JWEibeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:37 PM   #176

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
There is some really big disparity on RV owners for taxes!
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:43 AM   #177

Some other states have done this also, word is that the milage tax will be imposed when you have your inspection done, you will pay tax on the mileage you have driven.
mytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:15 AM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytime View Post
Some other states have done this also, word is that the milage tax will be imposed when you have your inspection done, you will pay tax on the mileage you have driven.
A mileage tax would be very difficult to enforce due to interstate travel. We are 60 miles from the PA border and less than 20 miles from the Peace Bridge into Canada so a lot of my miles are not in NY State. In effect you have a mileage tax when you travel on toll roads.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:06 AM   #179

Oklahoma $90 tag
billbaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:25 AM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
A mileage tax would be very difficult to enforce due to interstate travel. We are 60 miles from the PA border and less than 20 miles from the Peace Bridge into Canada so a lot of my miles are not in NY State. In effect you have a mileage tax when you travel on toll roads.

A mileage tax is easy to enforce. It is assessed every year when you tag your vehicle. It is irrelevant where you drive. If you drove all all over America, that would be great that's more miles taxed for your home state.
Xanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:54 AM   #181

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanso View Post
A mileage tax is easy to enforce. It is assessed every year when you tag your vehicle. It is irrelevant where you drive. If you drove all all over America, that would be great that's more miles taxed for your home state.
If the Speedo/Odometer was Not working and you used your GPS for a speedo then $0 mileage Tax.

I'd never tell anyone to unhook a odometer,
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:32 AM   #182

What about the little black box, and numerious tracking devices. 0BD ports. You can't hide..
mytime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome