Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #1

Motorhome remodel

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1417033174.243016.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	739.5 KB
ID:	80024

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1417033199.764842.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	613.7 KB
ID:	80025

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1417033231.187693.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	723.1 KB
ID:	80026

I want to remodel in vintage style,paint,remove window valances, and change hardware. Any ideas? Wanted to sell ,but I think it would look lovely decorated like a cottage. Vintage French Country.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2014, 02:33 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Looks like there is lots of potential. The only thing left is some patience and persistance.

Keep us posted on the progress.

Old 11-26-2014, 03:27 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sounds like you are remodeling for your taste. If that were popular the manufacturers would be doing it. Personally I'd clean it up and make it appeal to a wider range of possible buyers.

Either way good luck with your sale.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:05 PM   #4

Do nothing but clean it!

Real estate folks advise against this for resale as roi very low.

Buyers may not be same as you so difficult to guess what to do.

Remove anything extra, clean everything to like new and be sure no smells.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:55 PM   #5

My coach is clean and does not smell!!! I don't think you will find one on a rv lot that looks as good as mine. At least I haven't. If you have any suggestions as to how I might make it more attractive for resale please let me know.
Old 11-27-2014, 03:45 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiring1day View Post
My coach is clean and does not smell!!! I don't think you will find one on a rv lot that looks as good as mine. At least I haven't. If you have any suggestions as to how I might make it more attractive for resale please let me know.
Hey retiring1day

have had preious customers say that the hard surface flooring was the most attrictive thing they have done to there coaches
Old 11-27-2014, 03:45 PM   #7

Looks to be a circa 2003 Intruder. I have the same coach and will be taking on some minor decor changes shortly. Will continue to stay neutral. These window valences are pretty much hideous and will be the first things to 'clean up' with simpler design and dump the fru-fru pleating for sure.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:28 PM   #8

Did not intend to offend...if no smells great and no need for room scent things as they smell ok but buyer wonders what it hides.

Remove anything that does not need to be there to give it more room inside.

Browse ebay and other sites looking at higher end units as well as similar units and look to see how they are presented.

Spend money on things that make function better regardless of style.

Battery watering device or a solar battery maintenance...things that improve it thst the buyer may not think of...something to make yours different and better.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:43 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There is no magic to selling any MH. If the right buyer comes along it will sell. When we sold our previous unit we did nothing to it other than make sure it was clean and spacious. Obviously you can't make it any bigger than it already is but you can eliminate things that either take up room or things that give it a smaller appearance. Maybe add some dishes and a small group of flowers to the table. It shows what it might look like in actual use. Advertise it with as many photos as possible. Craigslist now allows 24 photos. Be as descriptive as possible. I can't tell you how many I've seen on CL with no year listed. No length. Tell them the age of the tires. Be honest about any work that may need to be done. I just can't tell you how important it was to me to have a ton of information before I went to look at ours. If the description is minimal .... so is my interest.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:37 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Get rid of any clutter and stage it with some attractive do-dads and plants. Use museum putty to hold everything in place. Lots of well staged coaches on the internet for ideas.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #11
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Specifics regarding the sale of rv's can only be posted in our classifieds as per our rules. Please don't ask the op for any details in the open forum.
Thanks , Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:50 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

If you are remodeling for the purpose of selling, I would not choose anything unique. The more custom it is, the fewer potential buyers who will be interested. Tastes vary widely, which is why most RV interiors are fairly bland. They are targeted at the 80th percentile of buyers, the vast mainstream. Frankly, I wouldn't put any money into it at all for resale - just offer what you would have spent as a discount on the selling price. Buyers like a low price and many private buyers are looking to do their own remodeling anyway. They want it their way rather than yours.

But if you are remodeling for yourself, with the intend to keep it, I say "go for it". After shopping around for a newer one, we've decided to remodel our 2004 instead and have done quite a bit. New tvs, a built-in pantry, cabinetry changes, new flooring, etc.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #13

It looks old to me and stuffy. Reclean again and try to brighten it up a bit if you can, maybe hire a photographer. However, who ever walks in will get a first impression...so get somebody else to walk in tell you honesty what they think...which won't happen if you start defending yourself like telling people your coach doesn't smell...not necessary, in fact suggests they are on to something.

If it doesn't look well kept, you will lose some serious buyers who will assume that goes for the chassis condition/upkeep as well. One of the reasons I would buy an old unit is to do my own upgrades. Older furniture just looks older, but some furniture polish helps and be sure everything is repaired and working, and don't leave anything personal lying around that would suggest you are lazy.

Be prepared to offer a good deal to the buyer, below low NADA, as they don't have to be very savvy to figure out there are a lot of choices out there. Do a detailed inspection checklist just as if you were buying the rv and keep it for the potential buyer to communicate your attention to detail...same as a log of the repairs to demonstrate the rig is in top shape...if it is.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:57 PM   #14

Just consider the real price you will be getting and then decide. I bought near the exact one, fully loaded with all options, 14K miles, clean for $30k.

Tags
motorhome, remodel