Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2016, 03:09 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Now that's what I'm talkin about!!! Great story and great fellows for helping out. Lets hear some more stories. Don't let this thread die yet!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2016, 03:25 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
👍😀

jt
2005 Newmar Kountry Star gas 3742, Workhorse 8.1L w/Allison 5 speed.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 04:03 PM   #31
cwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post

Well, as well as retired, 30+ year fireman,
Scott,

I spent a number of years in both volunteer and paid fire-fighting services. When everyone else was running out, we were the ones running in.

Thanks for your service. Reading about your background, I knew there was no way that you were going to let the wind ruin the fun. Thanks for sharing the story.
cwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 06:20 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
👍😀

jt
2005 Newmar Kountry Star gas 3742, Workhorse 8.1L w/Allison 5 speed.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
What a wimpy thumbs up! That wasn't what I expected from the mobile app. I like this one a lot better!
jt
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:47 PM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
When I had an old class a I ended up with two converters. When I sold it, I saved one. At Fontana Dam one year, one of our fellow campers was trying to keep his RV going, but his converter had died. He had the folks at the lodge charging one battery while he used a newly bought second one. Fontana Dam is very isolated in the western Smoky Mountains.. I told him I had an extra converter which I gave him and installed for him. After finding where it was, which took a long time, it turned out to be under the dinette bench, it took quite a while to change it out. After I finished, we were talking and I asked him what he was retired from. Can you guess?
retired electrician!!!!

I made a friend that day.
krivanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:32 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
And I bet you slept good that night too!!
Old 05-01-2016, 09:49 PM   #35
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
We walked away with smiles on our faces, AND THEIRS!!
It was just rewarding to be able to help these older folks enjoy life a bit longer. The wind was not going to win in this case.
Scott
Another great story! Fantastic.
Y' know, if the human race would keep doing stuff like this, points of light might just spread faster than darkness. That would be nice.
W.D.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:17 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
I'm with Gramps too, because he is correct!

And Mojo, I say you have a good and important question in the last sentence of your post. The answer is simply.......it has, is, and will, come to pass as it is written. Think about it.

As for me, I shall not deny Him so I can be politically correct. Ever.

To the OP, great story. It feels good to be chosen as God's instrument doesn't it? If even for a few minutes. Thanks for sharing.

W.D.
X2...These opportunities to help come up for a reason. Great stories.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:48 PM   #37

My story is shorter and less involved. 2012_ Alaska. We were at the intersection of the highway to Tok and the one to Chicken. Saw a pickup towing a TT alongside the highway, hood up. We stopped to check on the lone man, who said he ran out of gas because the last station was closed.
I had my generator gas can in the truck-bed so I poured that gallon of gas into his tank. I followed him on to Tok as I didn't expect that gallon to last long-it did.
At the time our 5er was broke down halfway to Chicken from that intersection, and we were enroute to the garage in Tok for help. Three days later(parts were flown-in) our 5er was repaired on-site by Willards garage -a Good Sam provider.
It's an unwritten rule in Alaska; you never bypass anyone who appears to need help as it can mean life or death.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:48 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Yep, Grandpa Dennis is right.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:19 PM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, it's story time again.

Several years ago, no many years ago, well, some time in the past, my father-in-law and I both had GMC motorhomes. His was a 75 and mine a 73(still have mine). We were traveling together some where outside Tallahassee one Sunday morning. Pop was in the lead. A big Coupe Deville passed me with what was abviously a heavy load. The right rear was wobbling as if it was about to come off. I breaker breaker Pop to look at it when it passes him. Just as it did that darn wheel did come off and the show was on!! She slid sideways left for a while and then sideways right for a while finally going off road into a wide mowed grass shoulder and coming to rest.

We both stopped and ran to the car. Remember this was a Sunday morning. The two elderly gentlemen in the front were already getting out. Dressed to the nines!! In the back were two of the largest women I had ever seen or have since. I asked,"Is everybody alright?". One of the gents answered, "Yes thank you, the Lord was riding with us".

Now, I had been waiting for that line most of my adult life and I wasn't gonna let it go to waste. I said, 'Well you better let Him ride with me cause you gonna kill Him driving like that!". Pop looks at me like"I can't believe you said that". The two gentlemen started laughing and the two in the back seat started laughing and gasping for air----we had a heck of a time.

Pop and I went on ahead and stopped at the next gas station and called a wrecker service for them and laughed all the way across Texas.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:50 PM   #40

I always try to stop and help if needed. Hopefully the shoe is not on the other foot. But sometime ago I happened on a brand new Newmar rig sitting along the road. Coming back from shopping, he was still sitting there. He had been waiting over 2 hrs. for his roadside assistance to show. We found a ruptured hose line to the aqua hot, able to cut it off and reattach. (china hoses that Newmar don't buy anymore) filled back up with water and was able to continue. Told Good Sam, had his own personal mechanic take care of the problem and we are good friends to this day yet.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:15 AM   #41

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
My story isn't fancy but I am sure appreciated.

I lived near exit 7 off I95 in Georgia and was driving to work one afternoon. Temperatures were in the 90's and as I approached the fuel stops near the exit, a Class A with a tow dolly was exiting the highway. The dolly was jack-knifed and the Honda behind it was coming towards me sidesways.
I just happened to have tools in my truck and as he pulled into the fuel stop I followed him in. I jacked up the turntable and pried if free within a couple minutes.

The guy offered to pay me and I just told him to pay-it-forward, next time he saw someone in need to help them. He insisted and I asked him to donate whatever to local volunteer fire department.

Made me smile.

W3BY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome