Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2017, 06:55 AM   #15

This is where I store all my babies...motorhome, van, car and utility trailer. It's 33x40x15. Builders just finished it up yesterday. Left ends open to allow wind to blow through. Great quality, great price...all stick built.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170907_074949.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	175803
mmccormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2017, 07:00 AM   #16

That should be 32x40x15...having trouble typing today...[emoji26]
mmccormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:11 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I store mine at a local military base. Not covered but it is on a gravel surface and inside a controlled access area inside a controlled access base patrolled by armed guards 24/7 365 days a year. At least I don't have to worry about anyone "borrowing" something from my rig.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:27 AM   #18

20 x 50 building I had built next door to the house in Sedona AZ. Has 50 amp, water, sewer and climate controlled.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:42 AM   #19

Building a 30" x 45" metal building as we speak. Concrete floor, electrical hookup. Last coach I had was a Monaco Diplomat, which sat outside. Sunlight ruined the exterior finish and mice got in the coach. Never again. Our 'newer' Tiffin 28BR has full body paint, has been stored inside since new, and thus the reason to spend the money on an RV barn.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:43 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When we purchased our first motorhome we built a pole barn to keep it in. I made it larger than needed so I could store antique cars ect for other folks and help pay for it. Now twenty years later I no longer need the extra income so I'm down to one or two friends cars that I store.

Our building is 40x60 with fifteen foot clearance at the door. I left a crushed rock floor and do not heat it. I also have 50 amp electric so I keep it plugged in during the humid hot weather and the air conditioner runs to keep it dry inside.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:33 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Those of you with storage buildings - do you know what the "wind rating" of the structure is?

I contacted one company (Elephant Structures) to ask about their wind rating and they didn't respond. None of the ones I looked at online mention a wind rating for any their units.

Did you (or installer) pull a permit? If so, does your State/County have a wind rating requirement? I'm in FL so we can get some strong winds during our normal summer thunderstorms, and I would not want the structure to blow in on the RV (I'm not talking about hurricanes -all bets are off in that situation)
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:26 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We're deep in the woods and wind is not a factor unless it drops a tree on us. What I needed to know was what snow load it would withstand.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 04:35 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
Those of you with storage buildings - do you know what the "wind rating" of the structure is?

I contacted one company (Elephant Structures) to ask about their wind rating and they didn't respond. None of the ones I looked at online mention a wind rating for any their units.

Did you (or installer) pull a permit? If so, does your State/County have a wind rating requirement? I'm in FL so we can get some strong winds during our normal summer thunderstorms, and I would not want the structure to blow in on the RV (I'm not talking about hurricanes -all bets are off in that situation)
I am in N. Alabama and the city permit requirements call for a wind rating of 4 which was explained to me to be 140 mph winds. My structure is built of 6X6 treated post 36" in the ground with concrete with 2X6 inside structure, this is an engineered building not just something I threw up. Alas my motorhome was used when I purchased it 3 mo. ago and unfortunately sat out its entire 12 yr. life, but it still looks great and I think that says a lot for Tiffin motorhomes. I just want to help it last as long as possible.
riverat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:46 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post

We had to pull a permit and get an engineering study that included wind rating.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:11 AM   #25

Send a message via Skype™ to rccrafters69
We don't have property to build a garage for our unit so we rent space at a storage site. It is heated and they maintain you unit when parked. They also will wash, wax, and clean if you can't get it done before parking it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gk polishing.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	467.5 KB
ID:	175893  
rccrafters69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:22 AM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithcoop View Post
I store mine at a local military base. Not covered but it is on a gravel surface and inside a controlled access area inside a controlled access base patrolled by armed guards 24/7 365 days a year. At least I don't have to worry about anyone "borrowing" something from my rig.
We have a 2 year waiting list to get a storage spot on base. Yeesh!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vaark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:31 PM   #27

Would anyone be willing to share some finished prices? Looking to build something for our 40' Monaco and would be interested in what it would cost, at least approximately. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Jandringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:13 PM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandringa View Post
Would anyone be willing to share some finished prices? Looking to build something for our 40' Monaco and would be interested in what it would cost, at least approximately. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
It cost me 6300.00 for a 16'WX40'LX14'H closed on sides both ends open, gravel floor. I had it built backed up to my shop building so that serves as one end closure. I also put in a 50amp service and keep it plugged in.
I will probably build some sliding doors next year to keep the morning sun off the front.
riverat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome, storage