Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2018, 09:00 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Goodyear G670 I had them, biggest POS of tire I have ever had.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2018, 09:11 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for all the feedback.
DWTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:20 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Not sure how to do that search
Old 03-20-2018, 05:34 PM   #18

Do you really know any more than you did before this thread? To each his own!
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:50 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Goodyear G670 I had them, biggest POS of tire I have ever had.
LOL! I agree with that statement.
asuperheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:03 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Hi Dave! I would recommend Michelins through the FMCA Michelin Advantage Plan!

Me too! Putting 6 new 275/70/22.5 XZA2 Michelin’s on my 2002 Kountry Star DP in about a month. Saving about $200 going thru FMCA.
19jcm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:02 AM   #21

Triple E Owners Club
Hankook. Happy. Great tire, great ride. Had a hard time finding someone who did not like their Hankooks. Actually I did not find anyone.. Check them out and ask dealer to write down date codes so you are not getting NOS.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:36 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzbill View Post
RV Pioneer, My local Michelin dealer says FMCA program price is 'less than his cost' for Michelin tires. If you have a local dealer that has good prices on Michelin tires, please let us know.
Guess he'll be taking it in the shorts on that deal then. Simply passing along what I've read a few time here on the forum of better deals found elsewhere.

I'm still 5 years away from tire shopping and not certain Michelin or Continental will make the short list. I haven't personally made any price comparisons. A trip up to Oregon would yield a 9% sales tax savings and perhaps a better price per tire as well.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:06 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Actually, yes. It opened my eyes to other brands
Old 03-22-2018, 06:07 AM   #24

I have Goodyear G661 HSA tires on my coach. They have been great tires, but I am in the same boat, i.e., they have aged out. I plan to install Goodyear Endurance RSA tires this spring. Both of these tires are regional truck tires and are built very rugged and withstand the abuse regional truck service deliver. They are all position and rated for city and highway use.

Personally, if I were you, I would look at regional truck tires and not RV specific tires.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:23 PM   #25

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrons31 View Post
So you have had no problems with the Michelins you have run for almost six years. So why change tire manufacturer? Is the ride bad? Did they crack? They look funny?

As an example. I put 110,000 miles on a set of General Altimax's that were on my Subaru when I bought it used. They had about 5,000 already on them when I bought it. Not an issue noted in that 2 year or so time. I finally needed new tires. I bought those same tires. And for obvious reasons.

If it ain't broke. Don't fix it...
Biggest problem with Michelin's, is the price, so it's broke and in need of fixing, from the get go.
Like said, most all tires, like fuel, serve the purpose and like fuel, the $ cost, is almighty. It might be different if they could be proven to be superior with supporting engineering data.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:50 PM   #26

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWTK View Post
Not sure how to do that search
Even when you do learn to do searches you will often find that exactly what you are looking for doesn't always surface in a search. Yes the tire issue has been beaten to death but most everyone here is willing to offer up advice again. Try not to take it to heart when you get blasted and told to search for it. Most every subject you can think of has been discussed at one time or another. Ask away my friend ..... ask away.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:16 PM   #27

If you want to save A LOT of money and get USA built tires from a manufacturer that made the most advances' in big truck tires in early years and USA made and are steer tires and SAVE A LOT of money look at the General tire company.. the HS model i got 6 tires for $2600 and change installed and disposed of old...
Old 03-22-2018, 01:20 PM   #28

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC9901 View Post
Even when you do learn to do searches you will often find that exactly what you are looking for doesn't always surface in a search. Yes the tire issue has been beaten to death but most everyone here is willing to offer up advice again. Try not to take it to heart when you get blasted and told to search for it. Most every subject you can think of has been discussed at one time or another. Ask away my friend ..... ask away.
Searches result in old info from old users. Asking a question will get people telling you to do a search and possibly new info from new users.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vaark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome, tires