Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2013, 06:12 AM   #1

Mountain Aire Vs Pace Arrow

Hi folks, I know these are tough questions without a lot more detail but in general how would you stack these two high end gas coaches up against one another as far as build quality goes? I recognize that floor-plan, condition and a whole bunch of other variables come into play.
Both are +/- 37 foot W24 chassis. The MA is 3 years older, has about 15,000 more miles on the odometer and is $10K cheaper.
The Mountain Aire and Pace Arrow are often mentioned in the same sentence as being high end gas motorhomes but I'm curious if one stands out from the other.
Thanks!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2013, 06:27 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
May want to read this thread and maybe ask the OP a question about his Pace.
What are the years involved with the two coach's?

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritimer View Post
Hi folks, I know these are tough questions without a lot more detail but in general how would you stack these two high end gas coaches up against one another as far as build quality goes? I recognize that floor-plan, condition and a whole bunch of other variables come into play.
Both are +/- 37 foot W24 chassis. The MA is 3 years older, has about 15,000 more miles on the odometer and is $10K cheaper.
The Mountain Aire and Pace Arrow are often mentioned in the same sentence as being high end gas motorhomes but I'm curious if one stands out from the other.
Thanks!
You are correct about each being the top of the line gasser for their respective builders. The construction and amenities of the MACA is significantly superior to the PA, IMO. Pretty sure the Fleetwood used laminated side walls, which can become a problem, and Newmar does not. IF they are both on the same chassis, I would opt for the MACA and not worry about the additional age and miles.
Ed
Old 08-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I agree with the above post and I would choose the MA if the condition is comparable. However, in any used RV, condition is paramount. How was the coach used or abused and how well was it cared for and maintained? This could sway the scales for or against either one of these coaches.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #5

I have had both,but pace arrow was in 1998,mountain aire 2001,years they were built might have made the difference but but no comparison in quality,mountain aire all the way.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have to agree with everything that has been posted so far. I have owned both manufactured products and I have to say MACA hands down. Good luck with your decision and I can only hope that whichever you choose you have a safe and great time traveling.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #7

The Pace is an '08 and the MACA is an '05. I've seen the Pace and it is in very good condition.
I have two '05 MACA's that are on my radar, identical floorplans (model 3778) but one with 40K and the other with 28K on the odometer.
I've seen good photos of the 40K unit and it leaves me less than excited. Does not look well cared fro in the photos and I expect it will look worse in person. Waiting for the 28K to arrive at the dealer, which is an 8 hour drive from here.
I've been in a couple of other Mountain Aires and always left with the feeling that I had been in a really high quality motor home. Not necessarily opulent, but well made.
The Pace kind of gave me that same feeling but not to the extent of the Newmar.
Maybe I've answered my own question!
Old 08-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
So you can compare the 05 here is a Brochure and Owners Guide so you know how some of the systems work..
All the MA were on the W- 24000 Workhorse chassis and they were not involved with the W- 22000 brake recall that was done they have a better brake system.
Its good to have mileage its better than just sitting on a campground parked.
The tires can get 10 years if they have been taken care of by parking off ground and proper tire pressures for weight carried.
This is how all Newmars are built whether a 99-05 or 2014.
Here is a PDI check list for what ever coach you decide.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pace arrow