Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2016, 12:22 PM   #43

cab fresh

Cab Fresh - North Dakota product made in the USA. Use this in both auto and motorcycle while stored for winter and do not have a mouse problem.
Chaparral is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2016, 12:32 PM   #44

Mouse deterrent

We found a product at our local UFA farm supply store rodentsodorfree which has small sachets to place in affected area. It's been a month and so far no more mice and we were getting 1 or 2 every week in our traps prior. Finally a product that works. Not cheap, but in our opinion well with it. We are in Canada, don't know if sold in USA. Site: www.rodentsodorfree.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0915.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	287.1 KB
ID:	141989  
Auzboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:51 PM   #45

Mouse magic

Don't bother with a product called Mouse Magic, the mice ripped the bags up and made nests right next to the product. Waste of $20.00.
judgebobk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:54 PM   #46

Smile rodents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazeee1 View Post
Traps and bait stations. Bait stations allow them nto take some back to their nest and kill the rest. Have heard that balsam fir oil(ingredient in fresh cab), peppermint oil, and spearmint works. Who knows for sure.
The only time I had a rodent problem in my trailer I purchased I placed several sticky strips in various places and that did the trick.
jjtotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:30 PM   #47

We have used Sam's Club Member's Mark dryer sheets for several years, with each of our RV's, starting with a 1995 Class C MH, a 2003 travel trailer, a 2007 5th wheel, a 2001 36 foot Class A, and now a 2017 travel trailer. Never had any sign of mice. Plus, we use them in our vehicles that we don't take with us. They have always been mouse-free also. Works for us....
GrandmaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:50 PM   #48

Ditto for peppermint oil on cotton balls. Smells like Xmas for a bit, but mice DO NOT LIKE IT!
Dauenbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:07 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddawg46 View Post
Any ideas? Other than a cat or mouse traps. I already put out several traps.
My problem was mice and a friend gave me a tip that was excellent: Mix peanut butter (60%) with plaster of paris (40%) and place 1 TBS at the base of every tire under the RV. Evidently the plaster of paris hardens inside them and blocks up their their stomachs, intestines and urinary tract and they die. I did that and put more in other areas in the general vicinity of the RV It solved the problem. Be sure your pets don't eat it if you or your neighbors have pets. If you or your neighbors do, you can put it in small cardboard boxes, which I did with shoe boxes and taped them, with several 1 to 1 1/2" holes in each box so the pets can't get at it. After I saw your post I called my friend and asked him if it will work for rats. He said it would. Put the mix in boxes if necessary and make the holes 3". If the rats are very large, they'll chew the holes larger to get to it. BTW, If you decide to use you rat traps use almonds for bait. Scrape off the brown skin off one side of the almond, drill a small hole in the other side, raise the triangle on the trigger and press the almond onto it with the white side up. I get roof rats in my garage occasionally and get rid of them VERY quickly using this method.
Good luck getting rid of your rodents.
RAPTOR555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:08 PM   #50

I've always used the little units you can plug into the outlets. Use the same thing in my shop
mlrailguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:31 PM   #51

Mouse help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddawg46 View Post
Any ideas? Other than a cat or mouse traps. I already put out several traps.
we put clothes dryer sheets many of them in all drawers and anywhere
you can access like under the seats. Make sure you have no paper anywhere, they love paper towels and toilet paper and of course no food any place...
mscharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:28 PM   #52

Mouse deterent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherguy View Post
Kinda related sunject, some places we camp we get pack rats, had some munching on my firewall insulation under the hood, had them between a friend's truck and camper.

We leave our hoods partially open, someone told us that keeps them away, apparently that doesn't work, so how can someone keep pack rats away?

Rope lights are the answer!
All around the coach, and a short string under the front of the toad.
Pack rats are nocturnal and sensitive to light. If you have rope lights, they will go to the next, more vulnerable (dark) target.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:07 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Rope lights are the answer!
All around the coach, and a short string under the front of the toad.
Pack rats are nocturnal and sensitive to light. If you have rope lights, they will go to the next, more vulnerable (dark) target.
So leave a light on under my hood all night?
Fisherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 06:43 AM   #54

We have found that using Lavender Scented Mothballs works very well, inside and out. You can get them at Walmart and other stores. I put 2-3 in the engine compartment (can use twist ties to keep them in place when on the road). I also put 2-3 in my generator compartment to keep mice from building nests in there. Mice love to chew on wires, so wherever you have hiding places, put a couple of these mothballs. The Lavender ones smell nice but are just as effective as regular mothballs. Good luck and check areas often.
RVTraills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 07:33 AM   #55

cab fresh and sticky traps
don't like poison, they die in some remote corner of the RV......

like the rope light idea.....
gatorb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 07:40 AM   #56

Monaco Owners Club
We also use the Tom Cat bait blocks. I scatter them all over the basement storage areas, under the bathroom & kitchen sink, etc. Used them the past few years when we've put the RV in storage for several months in different parts of the country. So far so good
karencollins is offline   Reply With Quote