Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2017, 09:25 PM   #1

Multi plex

How about this new multi plex wiring is it good or better than the older wiring , I had a 04 dynasty an didn't have any problems with it. But buying a 08 signiture an it has multi plex was wondering if it is better or
Ken1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2017, 10:00 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1960 View Post
How about this new multi plex wiring is it good or better than the older wiring , I had a 04 dynasty an didn't have any problems with it. But buying a 08 signiture an it has multi plex was wondering if it is better or
I don't know if it's better, but it's a cleaner install with less wiring. All lights, etc are connected directly to a main panel instead of having to run wires from switches to the lights. The control pads at each location are connected to that main panel by one network wire. You have the ability to turn on lights from multiple locations by simply having pads programmed to control that circuit. As long as the main panel holds up, it is a slick system. The main drawback is if the control panel goes south, then basically everything is shut down.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 06:32 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
When it works it's great. It can cause weird problems though that are difficult to troubleshoot and Monaco Tech Support has only one true guru for those problems; Jason.

As a for instance, the galley lights would turn on & off at random. Eventually figured out it only happened when the bedroom door was closed. M&M Electronics blamed it on flourescent lights, Monaco Tech Support was no help after many calls about it. Finally was transferred to Jason who immediately knew it was a bad H module above the windshield buried with a bunch of other modules. Replaced it which solved the problem.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:35 AM   #4

I like it. Like any computer and/or piece of electronics things can go bad/wrong. It is convenient. You can cycle through the control panel and see if everything is online/no blown fuses (don't have to hunt and peck for the correct fuse), can dim lights, multiple locations for controlling things, etc.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:47 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Lt Dan & Computerguy, the main difference between your manufacturers and ours (Monaco) is that when Monaco went bankrupt lots of files, manuals, diagrams etc. went into the dumpster and that information is not available to us or to to Monaco Tech Support.

It is my understanding that Monaco is moving their Oregon tech support to Indiana this month. If Jason chooses to not move we are in deep kimchi.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:52 AM   #6

The question I always ask myself about such systems is what would I do if it breaks in 5 years. Will the manufacturer still be there, if they are will support still be around for the current product or will it be orphaned by the new, improved and incompatible replacement?
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #7

The one in ours is made by Precision Circuits. Not sure if the one's in the Monaco back then are made by the same manufacturer or not but worth a shot.

PCi Multiplex