Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-29-2011, 06:32 PM   #15
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Welcome to the club.

You will not find a make, model or brand that hasn't had someone post something similar to yours. We too have had a painful 'breakin' period on our new coach. As I type this ours is actually back at the factory, for the second time since we took delivery, for additional repairs. We can lament 'till the end of time that this just is not right, but Rick is right, it is reality. Some are worse than others, most eventually get everything worked out.

I'm thinking truth in advertising should dictate that all RV manufacturers must put a big sign on the side of all new rigs: "Some assembly may be required"

Jay & Peggy Monroe with Dolly
Can't take it with you - don't plan on leaving any behind
2016 Newmar London Aire 4553, Spartan chassis
Wrangler Unlimited toad
JMonroe is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2011, 08:20 PM   #16
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We purchased a 2008 Winnebago Destination, new, in August '08. It was in the shop so many times, DW named it "Citrus." And I actually asked the dealer for the "lemon law" papers. He gave them to me, but from that time on they called me frequently keeping me informed of status, and finally "fixed" what was wrong at that time. I have that 20+ foot slide that moves the kitchen, refrigerator and bedroom out. It pulled the pedestal the bed is supposed to ride on off the supports, and ripped the support out of the floor. Guaranty RV in Junction City, OR, fixed it and it has held ever sense. Many other little bugs that were fixed under warranty. It's going to be 3 years old this August (how time flies when I'm having fun) and recently we had another problem with the slide. This time there was a field repair by Power Gear (Kwikee) and Beckly RV in Thornton, MD fixed it. I'm not sure if it will ever end. My sons named it SKI Mobile (Spending Kids Inheritance), but DW still refers to it politely as "Citrus."

The dealer stated that it was no skin off his nose if the lemon law was invoked. Winnebago picks up the tab, and he gets another sale if you buy from them.

Good luck.

Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:27 PM   #17
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by Tallyrver View Post
First of all ...

Nice coach ,I looked at a few 2010 Tours before I Adopted my 2011 Journey .

Part of having a coach like this is working the bugs out of them.
I just had mine at Lazy Days getting some minor work done. The satellite would not lock onto anything, slide was making a funny noise ,a piece of carpet was sticking up ,and the engine over heat light came on.

The nice folks at Lazy days did a great job of getting everything fixed in two days.

Off to the Georgia mountains next weekend .There is a brand new state park I gotta try.

have fun

Wayne could you please tell me more about your overheating light coming on , what was the problem ? Oh and 1 question: is there a "fast iddle" switch for the engine rpm in your Journey ?

2004 Winnebago 38G W22
DKK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:05 AM   #18

Heartland RV Club
I took the coach to Lazy Days to have hem look at the overheating light issue,they took it to Cummings in Tampa. They went through it and could not find an issue. The tech told me the first thing they do is remove all the connections from the sensors and put them back on.

I have not had any problems sense that one time. must have been a loose wire.

The fast idle is turned on by the Cruz control

Wayne and Debbie
2014 Gateway 3650BH
2008 F350 dually diesel .
Tallyrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #19
Winnebago Owners Club
We purchased a Winnebago 2011 Tour AD. We have only had a few minor problems and nothing like you have described. I did work closely with the dealer and made several telephone calls as I learned about our new coach. I have been to the factory and still believe in Winnebago. Be patient and work with the dealer. Sometimes a unit comes with some "bugs" despite well intentions. We love our new Tour and would strongly recommend to anybody.
Bob and Ginny Nibarger
NC Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:29 AM   #20
Winnebago Owners Club
Our 2011 Tour AD is wonderful and we have had no issues. I agree to take it back to the factory if you have time. Winnebago will make it right...
Bob and Ginny Nibarger
NC Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #21
Winnebago Owners Club
I see this post was first started back in June 2011 and someone picked it up a year later. Although I understand that the first problems that occur on new MH's can be disturbing and they are still continuing to occur to new owners every year. I would be interested in hearing what rkiker has to say about his coach today. Is he still not liking all the problems that he reported? Maybe the problems have all been taken care of and the ony problems that remains is where the next trip will be! I know the first MH that I purshased the problems were enough to make me trade it in for a new Winnebago Journey. My first trip to the shop was to get nearly 30 Warranty issues taken care of. Can't say that 30 problems (small or large) has made my day but having them taken care of while under warranty is a heck of a lot less stressful!
Larry B, Luckiest Dreamer
Luckiest Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:33 AM   #22
Have 2014 Winnebago Tour QD. Turbo blew boot at 13K miles. Mid South cummings in little rock ark replaced turbo u dear warranty. Refused 1000 dollar tow bill. Called Cummings factory and they suggested contacting Mid South in St Louis. They were great and obtained tow bill reimbursement for me. Transfer switch blew at 16 k miles. Order replacement on Amazon while at Madison Wisconsin FMCA rally. Received in less than 24 hours and installed. Cause of failure is hot wires not properly secured at assembly by Winnebago. After calling Winnebago service they agreed to reimburse cost of switch. Now at Forest River with front right slide problem. Even thought beyond 12 month warranty Winnebago voluntarily agreed to repair. Hope to be on road this afternoon
gsurdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:53 AM   #23
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
multiple problems with Winnebago Tour

Had a 2012 Tour 42QD and currently a 2014 Ellipse 42QD. Overall, I agree with the other folks about any new motorcoach having its own minor issues over the first year. We had/have about 25 swaks since new, a few serious though since resolved, but most minor in nature. In fact, with about 14,000 miles thus far I have six minor swaks open now, but none warranting repair until we return home from our five month trip. A few of our issues I attribute to poor quality control on the assembly line (e.g. multiple slideout issues, clogged water lines with sawdust, shattered mid-deck bathroom window (mfr. defect)), a few incurred on the road (e.g. broken headlamp from a rock, failed windshield washer pump), and others issues due to the inherent nature of driving a complicated piece of machinery thousands of miles on bumpy roads (e.g. trim pieces coming loose on exterior, loose interior molding, loose GPS antenna connection, intermittent electrical connectors under the dash, and intermittent mirror cameras). Overall as I said, we love our cabin on wheels.

Chris & Deb - North Venice, FL - 2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD - Toad: 2014 Jeep Rubicon

Chris & Deb Werlhof, Venice, FL
2014 Itasca Ellipse, toad 14 Jeep Rubicon
FMCA F434058. WIT W161551
ChrisKW is offline   Reply With Quote