Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2016, 09:42 PM   #29

I began buying diesel fuel at Murphys near our house when I discovered the local school district was refueling their bus fleet there. I figured if it was good enough for the school buss' it was good enough for our MH and my dually.

BTW, Murphys is not part of WalMart, they are totally separate companies with a business agreement.
Sometimes I have to bypass a Murphys though, some don't have room for our 40' MH and towed.

Virtually all on-road diesel fuel today has a minimum of B2/2% biodiesel to replace the lost lubricity during the refining process that removes sulphur, as it is the most cost-effective and efficient way to replace that lost lubricity.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2016, 06:45 AM   #30

The only station around here that I can get into is a Murphy's. They do a lot of truck business, so the fuel is fresh. I've never had a problem with the fuel. I have gone there once or twice when the tanker was refilling and left as I don't want the junk that gets stirred up when they put fuel in the tanks.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:38 AM   #31

A little note on Flying J. Last weekend diesel was $2.199 at every station around except FJ where it was $2.499. Yes 30 a gallon more.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:48 AM   #32

Costco here has their Diesel at $1.89 gallon. Most stations in town are at $1.99 gallon or more. Truck Stops are 15 to 25 cents more.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:15 PM   #33
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNorman View Post
We're BIG fans of fueling at Kroger too! It's our "go to" fueling station when we're home. Virtually every trip ends with a stop to refuel there. The Kroger points card definitely saves some money.

Fortunately for us, the fuel station at our nearby Kroger store is a recent addition - so the fuel station itself is pretty roomy and presents no problems in terms of maneuvering our ccoach. However, I've got to drive though grocery store portion of the parking lot (which isn't quite as new and spacious). I've got to drive right up one of the rows of car/pickup truck parking - in order to enter the fuel station at the proper angle. It's not an overly tight squeeze ... BUT, the looks I get as I tool through the lot makes it pretty clear that few people expect there will be a 44 foot long bus sneaking up behind them while they're pushing their shopping cart out to their car! I happened upon a friend while coming through the lot one day ... ya just gotta love those air horns!!!!!
Hope you've got more friends! I think you just lost one!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 01:25 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasA View Post
A little note on Flying J. Last weekend diesel was $2.199 at every station around except FJ where it was $2.499. Yes 30 a gallon more.

Didn't used to be that way - at least with gasoline. Before Flying J was bought by Pilot a few years ago, they had the best prices by far of anyone. Now they are just about the highest around - just like Pilot.

jt
2005 Newmar Kountry Star gas 3742, Workhorse 8.1L w/Allison 5 speed.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
harleyjt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 01:29 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
As for Murphy Oil I'm not a bit scared of their product. I've used their gasoline for several years. They are usually the best price in town. Usually same or cheaper than Kroger. As I recall Murphy Oil is based out of ElDorado Arkansas.

jt
2005 Newmar Kountry Star gas 3742, Workhorse 8.1L w/Allison 5 speed.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
harleyjt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 07:21 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I have bought diesel from Wal-Mart many times without any problems!
Same here...just have to be sure you can get in and out okay.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 07:27 PM   #37

Appalachian Campers
Heartland RV Club
I tend to use truck stops most of the time even if I pay a bit more. Reason being is they go through a lot of fuel. Therefore, less likely to have water in the fuel.

If you are a GoodSam Elite Member, you can get 9 cents a gallon when you use the GoodSam Pilot/FlyingJ Card.

That brings the Pilot price closer to the cheaper stations.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:45 PM   #38

American Coach Owners Club
Stepping over Dollars to pick up Penny's ?
Fuel at the same Franchises every single time and you'll have far less Fuel issues and easy to trace back if you do. Just kills me when you guys post this stuff about saving a few Bucks and driving the Big Rigs like you do.
I burn 3000 Gallons a year typically Always stop at Flying J's. The Fuel is clean the facilities are relatively nice and I like their Chicken Wings !
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:17 PM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbramsey View Post
If you are a GoodSam Elite Member, you can get 9 cents a gallon when you use the GoodSam Pilot/FlyingJ Card. ...
I believe to get elite status you have to buy a coach from CW.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:19 PM   #40

Appalachian Campers
Heartland RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
I believe to get elite status you have to buy a coach from CW.
Well I did do that!!!
Old 05-27-2016, 08:25 PM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbramsey View Post
Well I did do that!!!
I'm sorry.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:49 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA225 View Post
Stepping over Dollars to pick up Penny's ? Just kills me when you guys post this stuff about saving a few Bucks and driving the Big Rigs like you do.
It is not ONLY the savings. Part is the idea of value.

Quote:
Fuel at the same Franchises every single time and you'll have far less Fuel issues and easy to trace back if you do.
Not sure the first part is true and as to the second, trace back to what end? File a complaint? Know what particular station had the bad juice?

Quote:
The Fuel is clean the facilities are relatively nice and I like their Chicken Wings !
So you get more value for your money. If you don't use the facilities or eat chicken wings then...

Tags
diesel, fuel