My Diamond Shield Removal Story
So, this past week I finally got disgusted with the dull, mildewed, and overall cr*ppy appearance of my Diamond Shield on the front of my 2010 Fleetwood "Discovery" and decided to do something about it. I read several threads about removal, so I was apprehensive about attempting it, but nothing ventured, nothing gained....
Needless to say, the process was cumbersome, but easy. I simply peeled it off! Yes, it was hard on my hands (!) and it took me the better part of two days to complete the job, but it was easy. I just grabbed a corner and started peeling. I didn't use any removal tools, any solvents or chemicals, or any heat. I simply let the coach sit in the sun for a couple of hours and started peeling. If I went slowly enough (which is kinda prerequisite since the film has a VERY strong adhesive!) I had no glue left on the coach. I only had one small area along the very bottom of the coach (under the turn signal) where a very small amount of paint came off...nothing major.
I only had two really issues. One is that they got lazy and put the "Discovery" logo on top of the product, so when it came off, the logo did as well. $115 to replace, from what I've found! The second is I did have one spot - which you can see in the pix - where the film left behind any remnants.
Overall, I'm very pleased I did this!