Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2014, 10:59 AM   #57

Just to put the cost of owning your current coach into perspective with our last coach. We traded off our 2001 gas powered Winnebago Adventurer last spring with over 100,000 miles on the odometer. In the 12+ years we owned it we spent about the same on maintenance and repairs as you did in 2 years.

All the appliances and systems worked fine and it had tires and batteries were less than a year old.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2014, 10:18 AM   #58

Update, at this point I have decided to keep my HR DP and see how this year goes, may trade it in at some point but I think getting into a huge debt and starting out upside down is not the smartest decision. I'll pay mine down and when I break even then I will trade.

Old 01-31-2014, 02:00 PM   #59

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I like your financial reasoning, good plan.
Z714X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:11 PM   #60
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT2000 View Post
Update, at this point I have decided to keep my HR DP and see how this year goes, may trade it in at some point but I think getting into a huge debt and starting out upside down is not the smartest decision. I'll pay mine down and when I break even then I will trade.
Best of Luck and thanks for the conclusion (for now)
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:41 AM   #61

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Cat2000 I wish you better luck this year. Whether you have made the correct decision will be evident once your back on the road. LOL, "break even?" Don't know if that's a possibility with these complex machines.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:11 AM   #62

Break even meaning when my debt equals valve, that will happen right? Lol
Old 02-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #63

Freightliner Owners Club
We went to the NW RV show in Spokane last week and saw your Bounder 35K. It had a great floor plan and the price was the same as you were quoted (I think around $122,000). But, it lit no flame in us for trading out of our DB for it. Of course we're not spending $10,000/year in maintenance on ours so there was no buyers motivation in us either. There's just something about a DP that we are hooked on. On a side note....we thought the Phaeton DP's stole the show. Hope you have a great...inexpensive experience with yours this year.....you definitely deserve it.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:26 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrrsr View Post
We went to the NW RV show in Spokane last week and saw your Bounder 35K. It had a great floor plan and the price was the same as you were quoted (I think around $122,000). But, it lit no flame in us for trading out of our DB for it. Of course we're not spending $10,000/year in maintenance on ours so there was no buyers motivation in us either. There's just something about a DP that we are hooked on. On a side note....we thought the Phaeton DP's stole the show. Hope you have a great...inexpensive experience with yours this year.....you definitely deserve it.
I hear you and agree that the DP does give a certain pride and even my DW was struggling with the thought of giving it up, it was the floor plan of the 35K that eased it. But now she's much happier keeping the DP and me too!...for now!

And thanks!
Old 02-01-2014, 02:18 PM   #65

Quote:
Break even meaning when my debt equals valve, that will happen right? Lol

Yes, no, maybe, who knows! No one can tell you when the next down cycle may hit RV's.

I usually don't recommend this, especially if it is a good interest rate on the loan. But you mentioned the Bounder's payment wold have been a little bit more then the current payment, and that seemed to be OK with you. If you are really wanting to be sure you are 'paid down' enough on the principal to break even - perhaps make that higher payment on this current loan. Over a period of time, that can really lower the total interest paid, and of course the more that goes against principal - the faster you'll reach break even point.

Sure hope your problems are behind you, it was a heck of bad run on this one! Enjoy your rig!

Best to all, be safe, have fun,
Smitty
Old 02-01-2014, 02:42 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
Yes, no, maybe, who knows! No one can tell you when the next down cycle may hit RV's. I usually don't recommend this, especially if it is a good interest rate on the loan. But you mentioned the Bounder's payment wold have been a little bit more then the current payment, and that seemed to be OK with you. If you are really wanting to be sure you are 'paid down' enough on the principal to break even - perhaps make that higher payment on this current loan. Over a period of time, that can really lower the total interest paid, and of course the more that goes against principal - the faster you'll reach break even point. Sure hope your problems are behind you, it was a heck of bad run on this one! Enjoy your rig! Best to all, be safe, have fun, Smitty
I did think of that option and it's good advice!

Thank you Smitty!