Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Has anyone ever dealt with the suspension going out? I'm not sure about this but I think my from shocks are bad, I don't know if its also the springs or not, but the ride quality is horrible right now, sharp jolts on every bump. I'm thinking about doing the shocks myself, I've done suspension on cars and trucks before, nothing of this size, and am wondering how difficult it is. I've googled the crap out of this problem with no luck, I am checking the forum right now but wanted to get the question out there while I look.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderCraved View Post
It has a separate connection for the tank fill, there is a door on the outside of the RV that says tank fill, but when the PO made the back room into an office the removed the hose, I cant find and hole in the floor that would of been used for the filler hose so I'm stumped.
In the original, I'm pretty sure the water tank was under the bed. If there is no more bed, he probably removed the tank and all associated plumbing, including the pump ? If you do find the tank, it shouldn't take much to run a hose to it.

Quote:
It had the analog Duo-Therm
Had? I've attached a DuoTherm AC Service Manual, in case you don't have one.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Duotherm air conditioner service manual.pdf (2.79 MB, 18 views)

clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I'm not sure about this but I think my from shocks are bad, I don't know if its also the springs or not, but the ride quality is horrible right now, sharp jolts on every bump. I'm thinking about doing the shocks myself, I've done suspension on cars and trucks before, nothing of this size, and am wondering how difficult it is.
I doubt a spring problem, but never hurts to give a good inspection. Shocks are no different than a car or P/U. Just bigger with larger bolts. Before tackling, a few days ahead of time, soak all bolts good with penetrating oil. I usually put heat to them with a propane torch first, then soak with oil, helps suck the oil into the threads. Over inflated tires can cause those "sharp jolts" too. So check tire pressures. BTW, what chassis do you have?
Old 04-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
In the original, I'm pretty sure the water tank was under the bed. If there is no more bed, he probably removed the tank and all associated plumbing, including the pump ? If you do find the tank, it shouldn't take much to run a hose to it.
The pump is still there and operational, I was thinking the tank was below the bed also, I'll try and find an inlet from the pump to see if the tank is below the floor or in fact gone.

[/QUOTE]Had? I've attached a DuoTherm AC Service Manual, in case you don't have one.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much

Quote:
I doubt a spring problem, but never hurts to give a good inspection. Shocks are no different than a car or P/U. Just bigger with larger bolts. Before tackling, a few days ahead of time, soak all bolts good with penetrating oil. I usually put heat to them with a propane torch first, then soak with oil, helps suck the oil into the threads. Over inflated tires can cause those "sharp jolts" too. So check tire pressures. BTW, what chassis do you have?
I think it's the L30 chassis, I'm not 100% sure though.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
The pump is still there and operational, I was thinking the tank was below the bed also, I'll try and find an inlet from the pump to see if the tank is below the floor or in fact gone.
In mine, the tank is under the bed and recessed about 8" under the floor.

Quote:
I think it's the L30 chassis, I'm not 100% sure though.
If you have a Chevy engine, then it's a GM P-30 chassis, later known under Workhorse as a WH P30....I think.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
In mine, the tank is under the bed and recessed about 8" under the floor.

If you have a Chevy engine, then it's a GM P-30 chassis, later known under Workhorse as a WH P30....I think.
Yeah the P-30, not L-30, I'm still learning about all this. The pump is located above the left rear tire next to the fridge, the floor beneath the bed is level with the rest of the coach. I'll look when I get home today for evidence of the fresh water tank somewhere.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Last nights work

Here's a little update....So last night the wife and I were able to get the rest of the lower rear wall apart, we took out the inside paneling and support beams leaving the styrofoam and fiberglass outside. I glued slightly larger support beams back into place and they have been setting overnight with a few c-clamps pressing them together.

Today I will be spraying foam over the styrofoam and setting a few pieces of 1/8" wood in between the support beams to add a little integrity, then laying two more pieces using more expandable styrofoam adhesive over the entire working area for a nice finished look. The lower half of the wall will be slightly thicker then the top half, but with the spare tire and lighting all on the lower half I kinda like it, plus the entire lower half will be covered by a bed and night stands.

I did however manage to brake the frail tail lights, so if anyone knows where I could find some of the same style, I would appreciate it. Oh, I also will be placing a 84"x36" piece of 16 gauge sheet metal on the outside of the RV, opposite the wall I've rebuilt. Then place a nice vinyl nature scene over it.

The pics are before I trimmed out the wall and added support beams.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0041.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	241.2 KB
ID:	37119   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0042.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	222.0 KB
ID:	37120  

Name:	IMAG0043.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	37121  
Old 04-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Quote:

Had? I've attached a DuoTherm AC Service Manual, in case you don't have one.
I'm still having trouble wiring the thermostat even with the manual, I still have to manually connect the wires together to start the compressor. I've only got 4 wires coming from the a/c; orange, red, blue, and yellow. The yellow wire is yellow from the ac but is spliced into a black wire about an inch from the a/c all the way to the thermostat.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Be sure and keep the pictures coming. We all like pictures!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #24

you might check the capacitor on the compressor if bad it will run a short time and kick off also if the fan is not running it will kick off
Old 04-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #25

National RV Owners Club
The compressor has been running for about three hour straight so it's gotta be the thermostat, missing wires or I'm doing it wrong.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #26

National RV Owners Club

Name:	ForumRunner_20130418_192731.png
Views:	92
Size:	365.3 KB
ID:	37146

Name:	ForumRunner_20130418_192740.png
Views:	90
Size:	385.8 KB
ID:	37147

Name:	ForumRunner_20130418_192748.png
Views:	91
Size:	369.4 KB
ID:	37148

Name:	ForumRunner_20130418_192802.png
Views:	87
Size:	451.3 KB
ID:	37149

Name:	ForumRunner_20130418_192812.png
Views:	89
Size:	397.8 KB
ID:	37150

Name:	ForumRunner_20130418_192821.png
Views:	89
Size:	395.9 KB
ID:	37151
Old 04-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #27

National RV Owners Club
So the pictures are of the back wall where I fixed the water damaged area, the floor where I have yet to fix the water damage, and the front where there is more water damage. And then the walls my wife is painting.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #28

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
The tail lights come from some other vehicle. The ones on mine are 2002 Chevy Astro van lights, for instance. There is a number molded into the plastic of the lens that you can google, and it'll tell you which vehicle they are from. Then any aftermarket or oem style you like is what you buy.

Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national, remodel, seabreeze