Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2014, 10:25 AM   #15

Winnebago 2008 35 footer adventurer........but it's not a gas pusher.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2014, 07:57 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryl View Post
My idea of a perfect Perfect class A
34’-36’
Kitchen on Drivers side
Kitchen table on passenger side, no dinette
Large window on passenger side
AC unit in basement, not roof
Quiet generator
Basement storage comes out with super slide
At least 25” slide out width
22” tires
And lastly, a Gas Pusher
Now in the real estate business we always tell people that if they can find 80-90 percent of what they want, they should buy it. There is no 100%perfect home. Am sure that is the case with motorhomes also-- but we can dream.
Sounds like a Taco Wagon?

Old 07-23-2014, 07:44 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I like the drivers side kitchen, too. It means my dining area looks at my patio, not yours.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:00 AM   #18
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I'm curious as to why you would want the A/C in the basement. Wouldn't there be a problem with ventilation?

Also, wouldn't it take up valuable storage space?

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:07 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I'm curious as to why you would want the A/C in the basement. Wouldn't there be a problem with ventilation?

I think most basement air units are small residential heat pumps and are vented via a grill on the side panel at the rear. It gives a cleaner roof line look but many of us are disappointed with their performance.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:35 AM   #20

My idea of a perfect Perfect class A (does anyone even make one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post

They are 2 ton residential units, easy to maintain - the condenser coil is at ground level so you can keep it clean with a garden hose. The filter is a large residential filter in the motorhome somewhere, mine is under the bed and easy to replace. They also are all fully ducted units (some top mounted AC's are too) and they are quiet in the living area (slightly louder in the bedroom area). And there is never any condensation dripping off of the roof. If they break down any residential HVAC service person can fix them which is usually cheaper than RV repair places.

Cons are that some people find their performance to be less than stellar, IMHO most of the problem is split ducts in the rear cap. I have seen that on a lot of units including the one I bought. The fix is very easy, did mine in about 45 minutes and it has held for almost 2 years now. They do take up some basement storage, depending on your RV that may or may not be a problem. In my coach (I full-time) I have not filled up my storage yet so it doesn't bother me.

Bottom line: I was very weary of the basement air when I first bought this coach (first coach I have ever had with it) I am now a convert to it for the above mentioned reasons. Kind of a shame they don't make them anymore imho.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #21

Some of what you've described we have in our coach for living space. Of course, we are 40' and have our kitchen in the middle (not in a slide), but we love the light colored, bright "living room" space -- and with the flexibility of the table, we have pulled it up to the J couch, and with chairs, sat 6 people around it for Thanksgiving dinner.

This is the only picture I have handy, which is before we replaced the old tube TV with an flat panel...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	summit5.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	68857  
Old 07-30-2014, 02:05 AM   #22

I know this might not be the right place to ask, but I seen you have a mountain high by coach works a summit. Was wondering how you like it. Been looking at used coaches and came across a summit, loved the floor plan but can't find much information on them
Old 07-30-2014, 01:04 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylover View Post
I know this might not be the right place to ask, but I seen you have a mountain high by coach works a summit. Was wondering how you like it. Been looking at used coaches and came across a summit, loved the floor plan but can't find much information on them
When we bought ours we'd never even see another... now I see a number for sale and have seen 3 in the last year on the road... we love it. I will PM you more details to avoid hijacking the thread

Steve
Old 10-06-2014, 10:30 AM   #24

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club

Ok, Since posting this, I finally found a Motorhome that has the perfect (for us) layout. Since we are limited to a 35’ (the reason is unimportant) I have been searching the internet for something like this.
On RV Trader and Ebay there is a 34’ (actually it is a 35’) Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34 PDT. It has what I consider the perfect layout for us. Unfortunately, we are not seriously in the market at present, and this motorhome is 1,200 miles from us. If it were closer, I’d go check it out. According to the dealer, This one is showing signs of use and that discouraged me from even thinking of flying out there.
Checking the NADA book, this model must have only been made for 1 or two years. At least now I know what to look for if and when we are ready to shop for another one. Anyone else out there that has one of these?
Old 10-06-2014, 05:54 PM   #25

Freightliner Owners Club
"Perfect" is in the eye of the beholder.
mvpmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:58 PM   #26

I would think a pusher with basement air may pose a problem with space limitations in the rear.
On paper the home style HVAC seems great. I have no personal experience with them in an RV.
The Winnebago/Itasca 35G has alot of what you are looking for. But have only been made for the last 2 years so you will be paying a premium for a newer coach.

Tags
class a