Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2015, 11:26 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I bought a 2006 Newmar Kountry Star with 49,000 miles on it 2 years ago for $70,000. I put $15,000 into it to remodel it. TVs, flooring some chassis repairs and upgrades. I've had 2 gas coaches before this one and purchased them new. Love the coach (no DPF or DEF systems to go wrong) and it's just as nice as the new stuff. Nothing wrong with buying used and saving big $$$$$.

Craig & Carolyn Roberts Apple Valley, CA
2006 Newmar 3910 KSDP 400 ISL Cummins Spartan Mountian Master Chassis
Toad: 2017 GMC Canyon 4X4 Crewcab
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2015, 11:59 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
We were going to opt for the Excursion because I did not want longer than 34 ft. But the final decision was the 2015 Tiffin Allegro 33aa, a great little diesel, 35ft., king bed, L shaped couch, an option for washer dryer, and great gas milage, about 10mpg. The 4 slide outs make for a huge living rm/kitchen area. We do not need any more than this. The dining set makes into a child's bed, the couch a queen. One of the best shorter diesels out there. Easy to drive too. Under $200,000.

There are a lot of considerations in finding close to the best for your needs. Take your time, and check RVTrader often for used RVs as well. Personally I wouldn't buy anything older than 4 years old unless low milage. Too many worries

480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOwl View Post
We were going to opt for the Excursion because I did not want longer than 34 ft. But the final decision was the 2015 Tiffin Allegro 33aa, a great little diesel, 35ft., king bed, L shaped couch, an option for washer dryer, and great gas milage, about 10mpg. The 4 slide outs make for a huge living rm/kitchen area. We do not need any more than this. The dining set makes into a child's bed, the couch a queen. One of the best shorter diesels out there. Easy to drive too. Under $200,000.

There are a lot of considerations in finding close to the best for your needs. Take your time, and check RVTrader often for used RVs as well. Personally I wouldn't buy anything older than 4 years old unless low milage. Too many worries
I thought the Allegro was gas?
Old 08-20-2015, 08:02 PM   #18

count me in with voting used as a good value for money. And if you stick to 2007 models you also tend to not have the extensive emissions gear on the engines.

For example Country Coach has a 45' Magna, a 2007, for sale, *asking* under your low budget (so I bet there's more to be had) and you get cool things like AquaHot, 3 a/c units, and a big genny to run things. Since they are the folks that built them in the first place, I bet you could pay their asking price and get them to throw in every little upgrade and service to make it roll out of there like new, and I'd trust that coach more than a new Fleetwood or other low/mid-range diesel.

Steve
Old 08-20-2015, 09:58 PM   #19

X 2 on the 2007. I needed the tag axle and had been hunting another Country Coach hard. I stumbled into the coach in my new signature in Nacogdoches Texas this summer. It had ALL maintenance records, purchase receipts and manuals in binders. No DEF, DPF etc and the consignee had just dropped the price considerably. Not what I was looking for but I'm happy and not looking back.

2007 Monaco Executive 45' 525 ISX
Old 08-20-2015, 10:53 PM   #20

They have both.
Old 08-22-2015, 05:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Have you checked out Entegra? The Entegra Aspire may be closer to what you are looking for and still within reach on the dollars. Orlando RV is an Entegra dealer.

Another idea for you might be to attend the Tampa RV show in January. That's a great show with lots to see. You may want to consider the Hershey Show in September. That's another great show with lots of Class A's which you can check out and tire kick.
Looked at an aspire today and was suitably impressed. The floors I liked was the 42DEQ which is a single bathroom with recliner in the living area. Coach had almost all the dream features one could want. TAG axel, 450 HP Cummins, 10kw generator ( don't think it's a slide out, but the front opens up for access. LP Aquahot system, induction cooktop etc, macerator dump.

Unfortunately, in order to actually see the floor plan I liked I had to look at the Anthem sitting next to the Aspire. They are very similar with the obvious differences being full length awnings, diesel hydronic heat, full electric with matglas batteries. About a $70k upgrade.

But still the Aspire was very very nice
Old 08-23-2015, 07:28 PM   #22

Today the Tiffins. Ended up looking at new 2015 Alegro Buses. Don't recal the model, but the one we liked was a 37' with an open floor plan and recliner/pull out sofa bed. 450 HP Cummins, side radiator, no TAG. Thought it was very nice although the interior finish seemed a bit below the Aspire. Also didn't have a macerator. And worst of all the small slides were Schwintek.

Tags
class a