Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will add one comment.. IF the whtie A/C in back and a black A/C in front bothers you.

paint one of them. .. Just remove the shroud, take it down to the ground and paint it, put it back up the next day.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
By the way these air conditioners are stupid easy to replace and you can buy two units on ebay for less than they are quoting you and replace them yourself. The key here is are you willing to do the work yourself because it is wrong to buy online then ask them to install them for you.
Just saying

Daytripper63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
UH.........I watched them install mine and "stupid easy" is not exactly what comes to mind. Easier, IF you have a forklift to get the new one up there and the old one down, and....IF you are under 50 and not overweight......and provided you have a young strong helper! There is little mind challenge, it's all physical! Rook

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have installed them loading from the back of the truck. Use a couple of long 2 x 4 boards, a long rope and drag the unit up the slope to the roof (leave the unit in its box or skid) and onto a piece of plywood. Scoot it over to the hole, tip on it's side, install the gasket and lower to the hole. Go inside, center the unit, hook up the wires, clamp down and install the interior trim.

With a little engineering, you do not need a forktruck. I am over weight and well over 50 and can do this.

Ken
Old 07-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
AH........but you do need a TRUCK! And.....OTHER not-so-handy at hand stuff if you are a full-time RV'er. Difficult to get them loooong 2X4's in the Toad........and watch that "scoot it over to the hole" if you have a EPDM rubber roof! Rook

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
All good points Rook, I forget about some of those things since I have access to a forklift etc.
Daytripper63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #21

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Re-Reading this thread.. I see the original is a 2009.

Have you ever read a warranty statement.. It says somethig like

Warranted against defects in material and workmanship for 2 years.. bla bla blas YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE>

IN this case.. I would suggest you learn what those rights are.. Check out somethin gcalled the Uniform Commecial Code, then your state's consuemr rights legislation.

Just what you will find (Since I'm not from the state where this device was originally sold) I can not predict. But you may, following research, wish to employ professional help (A lawyer).
Old 07-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #22

Well wa8yxm, I here you and i will look into that. But get a load this......at two o'clock in the morning today the FRONT ac goes bye bye!!!!! I am headed home to Louisiana. I cannot wait to get my you know what out of this RV, I am so frustrated with it at the moment :(

And folks i thank everyone who has posted all your valuable info on this situation

Justin