Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2016, 09:52 AM   #1

Thumbs down My Rv Mail, Crestview, Florida., Poor Service, nasty attitude!

My Rv Mail , Crestview,Florida. Poor Service, Bad attitude. I paid the $2.50 fee numerous times on my vacation for scans that were duplicated in my inbox. Upon arriving home I paid for the last three items in my mailbox to be scanned. It was the Friday before the three day Labor Day Weekend. On Tuesday the day after the holiday I could not access my mailbox to view my scanned mail. I was told my contract expired on SUNDAY! I explained I only wanted to access my account to view the last three scans I paid for. I was told to read my contract and I would have to renew at $28.50 for another month. WHAT! I asked to credit my account the $7.50 for the last three scans and mail me my items. I was told I did not have enough postage as my account only had $1.50. Of course it doesn't because you just charged me $7.50 for three scans I can not access! Under the contract I had to draft a request to send me my own mail and pay the fee's. I would not recommend the service. Another Good Sam affiliate with lousy service.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2016, 10:13 AM   #2

If nothing else, just for principle I would file a complaint with the FL state attorney general office, and the local BBB.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:29 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Sorry about your bad mail forwarding experience! You might want to consider using Escapees!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:41 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sorry you have had a difficult time with My RV Mail. We are very pleased with the service so far. The staff was very helpful during the process of moving our residency to Florida from Virginia.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:45 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinmorse View Post
My Rv Mail , Crestview,Florida. Poor Service, Bad attitude. I paid the $2.50 fee numerous times on my vacation for scans that were duplicated in my inbox. Upon arriving home I paid for the last three items in my mailbox to be scanned. It was the Friday before the three day Labor Day Weekend. On Tuesday the day after the holiday I could not access my mailbox to view my scanned mail. I was told my contract expired on SUNDAY! I explained I only wanted to access my account to view the last three scans I paid for. I was told to read my contract and I would have to renew at $28.50 for another month. WHAT! I asked to credit my account the $7.50 for the last three scans and mail me my items. I was told I did not have enough postage as my account only had $1.50. Of course it doesn't because you just charged me $7.50 for three scans I can not access! Under the contract I had to draft a request to send me my own mail and pay the fee's. I would not recommend the service. Another Good Sam affiliate with lousy service.

I agree with this post. The owner is extremely arrogant and entitled. Seems to think the business is run for the benefit of the employees. They have lost a couple of pieces of mail that disappeared between when they appeared in my mailbox and when a packet was mailed. I only noticed because both were fairly important.

I haven't changed to FMCA just because it's so involved to get a new address out.

I would never recommend this service.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:30 PM   #6

Escapees has worked without a hitch for 8 years. Highly recommend.
wigginsjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:42 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Interesting, we've used My RV Mail for several years, excellent service. Suffered through almost 2 years of Escapees mistakes. I guess the lesson here is to make sure you access your account before it expires, not 2 days later.
Rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 05:05 PM   #8

I've used a UPS Store for six years without any difficultly and then a few months ago things changed. Turned out the nice guy who owned the store had sold it and the new operators are completely incompetent. They couldn't send the mail monthly without me calling and just yesterday when I called about the September 1 mail which wasn't sent they told me my account had expired in July! They couldn't be bothered to send me a bill! Fortunately they've sent the mail.

So I got a new account at St. Brendan's Isle a couple of months ago https://www.sbimailservice.com/index.html which has been around just about forever and it's working fine. I've wound down the UPS Store account and set up new addresses.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:02 AM   #9

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotis View Post
Interesting, we've used My RV Mail for several years, excellent service. Suffered through almost 2 years of Escapees mistakes. I guess the lesson here is to make sure you access your account before it expires, not 2 days later.
It was a Holiday weekend. I requested scan on Friday. account expired on Sunday. In four months of service I never remember them scanning my mail on Saturday. I assumed Tuesday being the first business day after the holiday I could access my account and my scans would be available for viewing. As an alternative, I only asked if they could turn it on for the day so I could access my scans. They refused! Owner now claims he will mail me my mail at his expense? What is he talking about , he just charged me $7.50 for three scans. The mail cost is $5.50. He acted like he was doing me a big favor. They just have a bad attitude.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:56 AM   #10

X2 on St Brendan's mail service. We started with them in 2005, when we started full time on our boat. You think RV full time mail service is tricky, try it from a boat & from the Bahamas. Had one problem, which they handled quickly and professionally. Still use them, and highly recommend them.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:58 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinmorse View Post
It was a Holiday weekend. I requested scan on Friday. account expired on Sunday. In four months of service I never remember them scanning my mail on Saturday. I assumed Tuesday being the first business day after the holiday I could access my account and my scans would be available for viewing. As an alternative, I only asked if they could turn it on for the day so I could access my scans. They refused! Owner now claims he will mail me my mail at his expense? What is he talking about , he just charged me $7.50 for three scans. The mail cost is $5.50. He acted like he was doing me a big favor. They just have a bad attitude.
I understand your frustration but if I knew my account was going to expire on Sunday I sure would have checked it on Saturday just to see if they were there, especially knowing it was a holiday weekend.

They scanned your mail as you requested so they should get paid for it. You had a contract and you let it expire, assuming "they would just turn it back on" so you could see your scans. I don't see where their attitude is bad, you're getting your mail sent for free, that's a good deal.
Rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:53 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have used sbimailservice dot com for $11.95 a month. They have an rv special. How does the escapees service work and cost?
ksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:57 AM   #13

Quote:
I understand your frustration but if I knew my account was going to expire on Sunday I sure would have checked it on Saturday just to see if they were there, especially knowing it was a holiday weekend.

They scanned your mail as you requested so they should get paid for it. You had a contract and you let it expire, assuming "they would just turn it back on" so you could see your scans. I don't see where their attitude is bad, you're getting your mail sent for free, that's a good deal.
Boy you are a stickler for the contract issue. I employed 105 customer service agents and serviced eight thousand clients for twenty two years. I was always available for, and had compassion for my customers. It should not have been necessary to argue with their agent and then wait for a call from the owner to view three pieces of mail. In addition, how silly for him to spend the effort to mail the three pieces when he could allowed access for the day or even an hour as I requested. As you know some mail is time sensitive and I didn't want to wait for the mail to be snail mailed to me. What a silly business decision. That decision took more effort and expense on his part. I was on the road for four months and drove eight hours a day from South Dakota to Florida to get home. I did not overlook the date. If you knew anything about the rules of civil procedure regarding contracts, you would know that when a deadline that expires on a Sunday or Holiday, it is carried over to the first consecutive business day. In addition as I stated in my original post,on many occasions scans that were requested on Fridays did not appear in my mail scans till Monday and on this occasion, Monday was Labor day. Not to mention we again are talking about a three day Holiday weekend. That's the problem with our society today. People have lost their sense of compassion and good business practices and just plain old common sense, and want to refer to "the contract". It's a sad commentary on peoples attitudes today. To refer to a contract in lieu of a simple request is just an arrogant attitude. I look forward to the day I am as blessed and fortunate as you and never make a mistake. I hope you will remember you pious attitude the next time you are on the phone with a customer service agent who differs with your position.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:39 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
I understand your frustration but if I knew my account was going to expire on Sunday.

Then they should have extended it to the next business day.

2005 Newmar Kountry Star 3742

Tags
florida, service