Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2015, 10:34 AM   #1

Mystery window leak

I have a ’12 Itasca Suncruiser 35P. The (inside) gutters of the 2 windows above and next to the driver side door fill up with water every time it rains. There are no weeping holes in these windows.

This makes it strange:

There is no condensation. The windows are completely dry. I’ve taped Kleenex in the middle of the windows to see if it would collect any moisture. It stays completely dry, but the gutter fills up.

I’ve checked the outside window caulking, which looks fine. Just to be sure, I put tape over the caulking to make sure no water enters that way. Didn’t make any difference.

The walls around the windows are dry. No sign of any dampness/moisture.

We have to wait another week before the floor in our new motorhome garage is strong enough to store it inside. Unfortunately, the weather forecast says it will rain every day this week….

Any suggestions?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2015, 02:37 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
The water is entering through the trough the one sliding window tracks in. The frame may be slopped down hill from the inside out; therefore not needing weep holes.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:17 AM   #3

Gutters on our previous MH dripped on both driver's and passenger window. As it sat, front end lower than rear, water ran from slider half of track to fixed half and filled up the inside track.

I think that is what RV Wizard is describing as well.
70ChevelleSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 11:01 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies, but that's not it...
These are not sliding windows...see photos
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	005 (1024x768).jpg
Views:	67
Size:	401.0 KB
ID:	111003   Click image for larger version

Name:	008 (1024x768).jpg
Views:	77
Size:	367.7 KB
ID:	111004  

Click image for larger version

Name:	009 (1024x768).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	364.9 KB
ID:	111005  
Old 11-02-2015, 04:44 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RndmTraveler View Post
Thanks for the replies, but that's not it...
These are not sliding windows...see photos
my 99 winne chieftain has the same window and they leak too. I have a piece of tape on the window and a large bowl on the dash where your water puddle is in the photo.

If you don't collect the water it could end up below your dash on the speed control module for the wiper motor. I know.

I have tried everything for three years to eliminate this leak. Winnebago just sucks at design. my fiberglass roof used to leak inside at the gutter. water would accumulate in the extrusion and when we slowed down to a stop,we would end up with this reservoir of water running forward in the channel and ending up on the dash area on either side once spilling on to our lap top..

just had to replace both my windshields because they cracked. The glass company said they crack because of rust on the pinch well causing pressure on the glass. the right windshield crack in the lower right corner and the left windshield crack up the middle from the bottom from the metal tab which holds the window elevation rusted.

Tags
leak, window