RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2019, 04:24 PM   #1

NADA and Wholesale values

This is my first post so forgive me if Im not doing it right. I have a 2012 Thor Tuscany 36UF that Im going to be selling. Im going to get a NEWMAR product but still going back and forth on Ventana vs. DutchStar (like a 16 or 17, not new). My question is: I would love some feedback on both coaches (40 footer) and also I want to know: HOW DO I KNOW WHAT WHOLESALE BLUEBOOK is for any coach? The NADA retail site is fine but all the RV DEALERS seem to say its not worth anything? So how does one know what their coach is actually WORTH and how does one know what ANY coach is worth? The dealers say to see what is out there selling etc. But who knows once sold what the rigs actually sold for? Its not like there is an RV Zillow!! I want to take my time and make sure I get my ducks in a row. THANK YOU to all those in the forums helping each other out. Awesome!

Krittergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2019, 05:48 PM   #2

A dealer who I know well told that wholesale was 10% less than low retail, I could be wrong though as it was a while back.

Old 04-21-2019, 06:05 PM   #3

If you go to the PPL motors page I have listed, and scroll down to actual selling prices, it lists what actual rvs have sold for. This might give you a better idea than asking price. For what it is worth, I would say wholesale value is about 30 40 percent under retail value as an average. No one is going to sell you wholesale price unless it is a private sale and they are desperate. Hope this helps.
https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/kelley...book-rv#Actual Selling Prices
Old 04-21-2019, 08:51 PM   #4

Iím depressed now. Just saw my coach listed on the website and it shows my model sold for 90 k. Unheard of low in my opinion but it was there.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:41 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Wholesale will be around 60% of average retail. You can buy a copy of the NADA RV Guide that shows the wholesale value for $82, or ask to see a copy at your local Library or bank.

https://www.nadaguidesstore.com/Stor...ppraisal-guide
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:12 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Gary gave you good advice! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmyz View Post
Iím depressed now. Just saw my coach listed on the website and it shows my model sold for 90 k. Unheard of low in my opinion but it was there.

Your coach has an average current retail value of around $137,500 with a selling price of about $129,750. Trade in value would be around $ 100,000 to $115,000 depending on equipment and condition.

That one on PPL was probably rode hard and put away wet, with no maintenance.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:17 PM   #8

Thanks. I feel better. Iím upgrading almost monthly and really donít want to feel like Iím wasting money. I know we donít get it back but want a bit of respect. Thanks again
Old 04-23-2019, 07:59 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Trade-in value is meaningless, since any amount above wholesale value is merely a discount off the MSRP. You could negotiate that discount with or without the trade. In other words, the trade-in value shown on the sales sheet goes down as you negotiate the selling price down. You can't get both.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:13 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
Your coach has an average current retail value of around $137,500 with a selling price of about $129,750. Trade in value would be around $ 100,000 to $115,000 depending on equipment and condition.

That one on PPL was probably rode hard and put away wet, with no maintenance.
My coach was between 111K and 137K on NADA before options etc.
Now in CAD should be about 32% higher, give or take.

Dealer started at equivalent of 50K USD (80K CAD)- no deal, a real lowball offer. He called back and said he meant 70K USD (105K CAD). I am looking for around $100K USD so no deal. If he would have come up a few $K we might have come to a deal - but not at $50K CAD apart.

Dealer sobbing about how he has to make a living and that my price point was too high, that I was being unrealistic and I was lucky that he offered what he did.

Funny thing, he wants above average NADA (plus 32% exchange rate) for the unit (147K CAD) I was interested in. Way too far apart for me, but he won't come near the low NADA value for mine.

So on trade or sale, you have to know your price point. I don't owe on mine and I still have a two year warranty so in no rush. Also this is not my first MH trade/sale so I'm not worried about the dealer making a living.

I'll probably advertise privately it in the future and see what happens. Either way I have a trip to Newfoundland to see a new grandson planned in August either in my current coach or a new one.

Chris

cvbdsl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sale, ada