Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #15
Monaco Owners Club
I love the sound of the air brakes.

Tony, Nancy & Abby the pooch 2011 40'Monaco Knight PDQ Maxxforce 10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
AGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #16
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We are seasonal users six months gone six months in our "other" home. To me the first night out in the motor home is always the best. I just get that warm cozy feeling, all the better if it is raining on the fiberglass roof. Nice and cozy in that bed the furnace spewing warm air. Off to warmer climates, nothing like it in the world for me.

My next favorite time is getting back home six months later to 3000 sq ft and water pressure and my own back yard and garage woodshop.

I do all my own stunts
03 Dolphin LX 6355, Workhorse W22, 8.1 vortec, 04 CR-V, Blue Ox, Brake Pro----Norm, Barb and
Doc(He's a PhD)
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #17
Its hard to name just one thing. We like four slides, tag axle, side radiator, and aqua hot to name a few, but most of all the size.
06 TS-42-DS04
1040 watts of solar
2014 Jeep Rubicon
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #18
There are lots of things we like about our MH but, if we had to chose just one it would be the extra room both inside and out. With the slides out and the storage underneath.
2009 38' Diplomat
CSM- retired, wife as co-pilot
Reka & Ali providing security (our 2 labs)
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #19
feeling, all about feeling. when i am driving on the road, i feel i am the king
2000 Country Coach Intrigue 40'
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #20
Winnebago Owners Club
All of the above plus when we arrive at our destination we are not driving around in a large pick up truck. We are however driving around in our MX5 with the roof down enjoying life.
Dan Sees, Full Timing in the MH & Part timing in a S&B In Hampstead, NC
2013 Winnebago Journey 42e, 2014 Featherlite Car Hauler 3110 17.5', 2008 Mazda MX5,
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #21
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
If I had to pick just one thing, it would simply have to be driving it.
I love driving my Living room down the road with a full one piece windshield, full view of my adventure. Having a DP puts all the noise of the engine at the rear so it's a quiet ride.
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #22
Winnebago Owners Club
1a. Closet space
1b. A bathromm that goes where I go
1c. S P A C E
1d. Simplicity when setting or breaking camp
1e. Ever made a batch of chocolate chip cookies between MM187 and MM210? (enough said?)

There's my "one" thing! \ken
Ken & Deb (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, Harvest Hosts, and grateful volunteers with SOWERs)
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/400ISL and Allison 3000MH on Freightliner's Evolution chassis, Onan QD7500, 1000w Renogy solar, BlueOx tow gear, and 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #23
Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by super_rep View Post
All of the above plus my air horn. It's a real wake up for folks who come on from a ramp and don't have enough smarts to get their speed up to match the rest of the traffic flow.
Wouldn't it be cheaper to install a air horn in your Miata?
When you ask questions like why? and you analyze the reasons for spending the large amounts of money that we do on these things, I begin to wonder where my brain was when I bought this thing. The one thing that I like most could most likely be accomplished in a trailer, a 5th wheel, or even a tent. Although my need for comfort while I am out enjoying the good ole USA has gone beyond sleeping on the ground in a tent. Truth is the comfort level it allows me over the other methods is exactly why I have one. Throw the cost out the windshield!
Larry B, Luckiest Dreamer
Luckiest Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #24
Send a message via Skype™ to LandKinaMoho
Class A.....

Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
I like my A because it is not a TT, 5er, or C. They don't call them Class A's for nothing
Yup, all in one and Safety.
1999 National Dolphin
1995 Range Rover County SWB.
Sailor, Dickens, Zooki, Koko.
LandKinaMoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #25
Monaco Owners Club
When we started looking it was at toy haulers then tt's then class c's. We then sat down and really looked at what we were going to use it for. At first it was just to vacation in but then it was Thom's job. Which at the time was traveling around the country 90%-95% of the time for different job sites. So we just decided on a class a since that fit the bill for the needs. Then a job change or 2 and we no longer need to travel that much but we did our long 7k mile trip and realized that we can survive together in here without problems. Got rid of the house and now storage unit and all we have left is what is with us and we are still fine almost 2 yrs later.

Love the view. Love being able to go to the bathroom when and where we want. Love being able to get snacks or food while Thom is driving. Love being able to stop where we want and not have to worry about even setting up for just a nights stop but still being able to get to what we need to without even getting out of the coach once.
Thom and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV. Towing a Fiat 500 Abarth and a Harley.
Our blogged repairs and travels
PyrateSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #26

It's everything.

Everything is there. The view, the food, the drink, the bathroom and no setting up in the rain. If I pull over for foul weather, I'm never out in it.

It's having your cake and eating it too.
2013 DSDP 4347, all electric, 450 H.P. ISL
Air & hydraulic leveling
14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #27
My one favorist thing is that the DW loves it!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Nough said?????
kimoson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #28
I mostly like the fact that when we pull out the drive way, I feel that the vacation has started. Before with the 5er, it was every one piling into the truck (which I drove everyday) with pillow/blankets/snacks/toys & books to keep the kid & grand kid occupied, and don't forget the dogs and their leashes. Then there's also the stopping for restroom breaks and eats every short while. The vacation didn't start till after getting set up at the RV park.

Down side is, the 5er was less expensive overall (Insurance, tags, fuel cost).

RVluvin is offline   Reply With Quote

class a