Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #29

All of the above, PLUS all the extra Points we accumulate on our Visa Card.

Dennis & Carol
2003, 4006, 41' DutchStar, Spartan, ISC 8.3L W/BanksPower - 2013 Honda CRV, BlueOx Baseplate, Aventa Bar & Patriot Brake. And the 04 Bird, Sunshine Car.
dennis45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #30
Monaco Owners Club
Like SSWilson said, the coach is already either warm or cool. If you have a towable in the south in the summer time when you stop for the day it s HOT in that trailer and the mattress will still be hot when you go to bed. Who wants to wait for the A/C to cool the house down. Also I think everybody has had the experience or heard folks talk about how Dad doesn't like to stop for RR breaks or Dad complaining about how often the family has to stop. Problem solved. Dad only has to stop when he needs to. And all of the other reasons that have been stated. I've heard folks say that you should buy your 3rd RV first. I agree with that. Most folks will up grade in time. JMHO.

Charlie & Olivia- Denton, TX, 08' Monaco Dynasty Squire IV, Cummins ISL 425, Blue Ox, M&G, Rubicon
"The road goes on forever and the party never ends"
chuck49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #31
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The sound it makes when you first fire up that big diesel.
Jeff, Tricia, 3 kids, and the occasional dog or two
2006 Winnebago Tour 40KD, 2013 Dodge Ram TOAD
350 Cat C7, Freightliner chassis
jeffwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #32
The previous posts listed a lot of my likes. However, I believe there is also a certain comradery with class A owners. For 7 years we had a class C, which we really enjoyed. Whenever we pulled into sites we would always get the customary hello and the usual niceties. But the first time I backed into one of our regular parks with our new (to us) 2007 Allegro Open Road 35 TSA, the group across the road brought my wife and I plates of food. I guess when you have a class A people know you're really committed to the life.
PapaBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #33

Workhorse Chassis Owner
All the above, but our first impression was the great panoramic view, and still one of our favorites!
06 Adventurer 38R

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #34
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freedom to go where no one knows till we get there
aschuh53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #35
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I guess just about everything has been covered regarding my likes for a Class A. My favorite I guess would be the view when driving but the one thing I haven't figured out how to do is use the bathroom when I'm driving???? (going down the road) Boy, if I get out of that driver seat I would hate to see what would happen. DOH! Just kidding of course. We've had about everything there is in rv's but what works for us is the Class A. Eeveryone enjoy your travels.
Steve & Sally / HiTee & Hudson Our Little Poms / Heidi & Houston Forever in our Hearts
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22 / 05 PT Vert
Michigan (Summer) Florida (Winter)
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #36
Forest River Owners Club
I found this thread very interesting even though we don't own a MH. When we were serious about buying an RV, and after all the research, it came down to a MH (him) and a 5er (me). I had concerns about safety in a MH. I'm a bit of a worry wart (to a fault) he says. I know that the driver and passenger are safely secure, but I worried about other people traveling with us, mostly the grandchildren. Do most people use seat belts on the other chairs/couches when moving along?
Obviously the significant difference in cost/investment was an issue as well. We are RV newbies, retired this year, and are moving cross country! A lot on our plate.
While we are very happy with what we've got, the posts by all of you MH fans out there is giving me something to think about! We've been on the road since June and have put over 9,000 miles on our rig. We have seen plenty of MH's come in/out of the campgrounds with such ease and everyone is happy!
Thanks for listening! We'll see what happens.......
2015 Forester MBS 24 R Motorhome
No Toad
Raven13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #37
Georgie Boy Owners Club
All of the above!!
Plus not having to own or maintain a large tow vehicle.
I jump in my class A and I'm on vacation, (maybe tow my toad)
I jump in my Honda Civic (Almost 50 mpg) for every day life.
1997 Georgie Boy Cruise Master F 53 Chasis 460
Davis Tru Trac
Safe Steer & Blistiens
RoscoeAndTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #38
The above posts have covered all the highlights. But we all know one of the most sure fire ways to make it rain is to go camping, tent or class A. But when it's pouring down rain, it's sure nice to pull into a campsite and relax, snack or whatever without having to rush about in the downpour trying to set up camp.Take your time & do it when it slacks off.
2000 DSDP, 3894,Freightliner,330 Cat, 07 Jeep Commander 4x4toad.
ARTWERKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #39
When we stop during the day on our way we can easily cool down (or heat) the rig thanks to the gennie. If we want to go in somewhere the rig is climate controlled for our 3 cats. No worries about them sitting inside a hot vehicle. Not only does the Class A make it easy for at least one human to get to the bathroom while rolling down the road, the kitties have all their comforts met - water, food & the litter box!
Traveling with DH, our 3 cats, Katrina, Pas & Missi
2014 Georgetown 378
the toad, 2014 Jeep Patriot
3catstravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #40
I have a smallish gasser but I still find more than enough storage space. I also like availability of the bathroom and food prep areas so I can just pull into a rest stop to do anything I need. Finally I like the push button set up with the self leveling jacks and the electric slide out rooms. I can set up or take down in as little as 15 minutes if I'm in a hurry.
Denis, Ruth and Gracie
the K-9 Dashboard Ornament
2007 Newmar Baystar 3202
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #41
Our first rv was a class C that we had for 7 years. Whenever we took our 2 grandsons with us we always had them secured in the seat belts at the dinning table while we were on the road. Unfortunately, the seat backs were low and not very comfortable for a long trip. One of the reasons we decided to upgrade to a class A was because we now have 3 grandsons (10, 6 & 1) and we needed more room when we were at the site. One of the extra bonuses is the seat belts are now on the sofa, which is much more comfortable for them. Plus, there is enough room for the car seat.
PapaBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #42
#!. The storage both in size and weight capacity. On our "Dream Trip" (see sig line) we could carry all the gear that we needed - including 4 seasons of clothes - and never worry about space. With 7 thousand pounds of carry capacity there was never any fear of overloading.

#2. Being able to pull into a rest stop and regardless of weather, just make a quick meal, grab a cold one, and recycle the cold one - all without going outside.

2008 Itasca Meridian 37H & 2015 Flagstaff T12RBST
2011 & 2012 Len & Pat's "One lap of America"
27K miles & 41 states in 13 months - Woo Woo
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote

class a