Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #57

That was the prime decider for us. My other half said, no accessible bathroom, no RV.
RDunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by greezykid View Post
Most stupid and dangerous thing I have ever seen!
I assume this was meant to be funny and there was a driver off camera.

No way any vehicle tracks that well for that long
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #59

Winnebago Owners Club
All the previous post just about cover everything I like about our class A , I like the fact when you get it level and real stable to where it does not move when you walk around and my wife likes sitting up high above traffic the ability to see up ahead better while traveling .

James,
Jimooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #60

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post

I assume this was meant to be funny and there was a driver off camera.

No way any vehicle tracks that well for that long
Comedy is what it is supposed to be! Let's hope that someone doesn't try this cause they believed it! Look at all the stories about cruise control.
sswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Comedy is what it is supposed to be! Let's hope that someone doesn't try this cause they believed it! Look at all the stories about cruise control.
That's the problem because somebody will try.
greezykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #62

Winnebago Owners Club
NOT HAVING TO STOP ALL THE TIME first thing in the mornings while driving for the DW's potty breaks!!!!!
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #63

For me setting up in 15 minutes is the bomb, but going to the bathroom while we are going down the road clinched it for me, I don't like riding in a truck and we have a cargo trailer and just open the ramp and out comes our corvette, nirvana.
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #64

Smile I like ......

Our friends have a nice 5th wheel but it's not that great to travel with. As others have said having the bathroom available at all times is a big deal for me. Also enjoy the king size bed, no stairs to the bedroom/bath, refer with ice maker, 47" flat screed with dish and DVR, and easy setup/ leveling. All this for far less $ and we get 11.8 MPG with a toad.
Boogieman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
After our first long trip in the 2009 Class C with those standard Ford van seats, I began the hunt for our Class A. So much more comfortable to drive.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #66

I've drove in a vw pop top camper to South America with a Doberman,a German Shepherd and my girlfriend in 73. Then drove it thru the US and Canada afterwards.It was a dream come true and couldn't imagine how it could get any better.I was 21.When I was 39 I got a Shasta class c and lived in it for 3 years traveling.For a year I lived thru a hot humid summer(no generator) and a very cold and snowy winter(no heat),getting some serious money together,no rent living in the city to start a life with my first wife, who was coming from a third world country.The class c served me well.At 61 it was time to take it easy on myself.As though I had finally paid my dues to deserve a class A.Even though my rig is designated as an "entry level class A,to me its the best home Ive ever owned.Unlike a lot of rvs,mine has a lot of windows.The bedroom has 3.Waking in the morning in the middle of nowhere,all the curtains up,it's the next best thing to sleeping outside(did a lot of camping throughout my life, can't lift a pack anymore unless I want another hernia)Bathroom,giant windshield,and all the creature comforts,heat and ac are much appreciated.Driving it is a total power trip.No matter how down I feel about anything,I can always depend on the rush of getting behind the wheel and feeling a kind of contentment from being in my home wherever Iam.That only happened in a class A.
Rv artisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #67

Monaco Owners Club
Having the ability to take our home on wheels anywhere we want to drive and still have the comforts of home!

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #68

Monaco Owners Club
Well there are so many BUT the most important one for us is the fact that when traveling great distances from point A to point B, when stopping for the night at a safe location, we put out the slides, level and settle in for some rest and relaxation with a cocktail or two before retiring for the evening. Don't have to go outside for anything. The doors and windows are locked and when anyone wants out attention I never open the door. I lift the Day/Night shade slightly and crack the window just enough to talk.

Safety is the biggest reason for a Class A versus towables.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #69

For me it's the rock solid factory support. They have been around since 1967 and are only a phone call away. Now the DW has a list as long as your arm, but since I am typing, I am listing just one.
alfalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #70

The greatest thing about NOT owning a class A, right now, is living by proxy through each of you. We just can't wait for the day when we may be able to enjoy all that has been posted on this thread. We find it hard to concentrate on anything else during the day. My only concern is that it is becoming an obsession and that can't be good. Thanks for all the good words. If there was any doubt before it has faded into oblivion.

Tags
class a